Profile for T. Bregliano > Reviews

T. Bregliano (London)

Bose ® SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III
Bose ® SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 May 2014
I am absolutely enthusiastic about the Soundlink Speaker III. It was extremely easy to set up and from the second time it connects directly as soon as the Bluetooth button is pressed on any device.
The sound is superb and full power is just too load for comfort. Mainly listening to classical and opera from my phone and it just delivers perfectly.
Not really suitable as a portable unit because of the weight. I have a Dawson Twist for the holidays but the sound does not compare.

Mozart in the Jungle - Season 1
Mozart in the Jungle - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, 25 May 2014
I hope we shall be able to watch the whole of season 1 soon.
Great characters and great actors. Unusual set up as far as sitcoms are concerned and obviously some good research and advice from people who know that environment. Quite topical with the current issue as to whether classical music is being dumbed down and surrounded by gimmicks in order to attract new audiences.
Most importantly it looks like lots of fun.
Bring it on...

Suono bianco. Libro pop-up
Suono bianco. Libro pop-up
by David A. Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great modern pop up book., 29 Nov 2013
I bought this book on a trip to Italy and I loved it so much that I just bought another copy for a christmas present.

There are about 10 pop-ups all very colourfull and imaginative. They just represents forms and abstract figures but you could spend hours just looking at them and dreaming.

Really recommended. It makes a very unusual and high quality present.

Wild West : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Wild West : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dawn French

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant !!!, 20 July 2012
This is a brilliant little comedy and the DVD contains both seasons. All the characters are likeable and you quickly start caring for them.
I watch these every couple of months and never get tired of them. In fact they grow on me every time a little more..::).

You will find yourself quoting lines from the show all the time.

I Bought it without knowing what it was and I never regretted it. I have now bought copies for presents to all my friends.

Mayr: Medea in Corinto [Blu-ray] [2011]
Mayr: Medea in Corinto [Blu-ray] [2011]
Dvd ~ Nadja Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant "rediscovery", 18 Jan 2012
I have to agree with some reviews on here and was a little worried at the beginning (in the fairly developed prologue) as the staging seemed to try too hard to pack information and seemingly unecessarilly chocking, often violent, actions. Fortunately, all this quietened down very quickly and soon the story started to unfold in a very exciting way.

This is not an entirely unknown opera since there are a couple of recordings available but, of course, the dvd or blu-ray will bring it to the attention of a much wider part of the opera curious public.

Technically, this blue-way is excellent. The filming and editing is faultless and the sound reproduction is one of the best I have heard with the voices well in front while the orchestra stays plush as well as vibrant and precise. All performers are excellent. A special mention should be given to Ramon Vargas who, although not the best actor on the block, displays a genuinely beautiful organ hardly stressed by the stratospheric notes of his entrance aria. Nadja Michael was a perfect choice for this part. Her acting was really involving and you could not fail to get completely drawn in the story with each of her interventions. Her dramatic soprano adds a dark(er) side to the heroine. Maybe she sacrifices some of the diction to the beauty and roundness of the sound but she does it very well. Her Cherubini's Medea is supposed to come out soon on DVD and that too should be an exciting issue.

I think that the updating of the story does not distract as much as others have mentioned from the original. The costumes are superb and it makes for a great afternoon opera viewing. Completely recommended!!!

Prokofiev: Trois Oranges [DVD] [2006]
Prokofiev: Trois Oranges [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jose van Dam
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant performance, 6 Mar 2010
A great perfomance of this fairly off-the-beaten-track opera... The magic is present in every scene and the performers are all of very high standards. Costumes and sets are stunning and never get in the way of the story telling. You are easily taken into this magic world and you geneuinly care about what is happening next... The end of the opera only comes too soon...
It is a shame that the second scene of the first act has been cut. However, t$his is a perfect example of a modern staging that is clever, sparkling and serves the music and the story for the full enjoyement of the viewer.
Entirely recommended.

The Copenhagen Ring: Det Kongelige Teater (Schonwandt) [DVD] [2008]
The Copenhagen Ring: Det Kongelige Teater (Schonwandt) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Various Artists

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing achievement - You will love this Ring..., 2 Nov 2009
I think that the Danish team has surpassed itself to produce this coherent, exciting and genuinely entertaining Ring..

The acting is excellent and the cameras shots and angles add to the feeling of actually participating to the story. It is clear that no efforts and no funds were spared in producing one of the best, if not the very best Ring on DVDs. I have them all and I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with the sets, the acting nor, most importantly, with the singing on this set !! It is a wonder that they managed to cast such good singers which all look their parts so well. Hagen in particular looks positively frightening!!

The production is full of new ideas (to me anyway) and they are presented in such a natural way that it seems Wagner always intended things to happen that way. What I appreciate most is the lack of unnecessary intellectualism in the production. Everything seems natural and really wants to tell a story, without feeling the need for obscure symbolism. OK, it is a feminist Ring but that works really well in my opinion, plus it is not a particularly revolutionary view of the world :J

I won't enter into details of the scenes etc in order not to spoil the effects or the impact of the images which are at times breathtaking during the four operas.

The orchestral sound is superbly recorded throughout. The voices, at times, become a little weak and somewhat metallic in quality, like in the first scene of Siegfried on some of the floors in Loge's house or during the scenes in the Hall of the Gibichung. It seems that the microphones were not ideally placed during these scenes. Besides this little drawback, the performances are of extremely high calibre.

You will not regret this Ring and will want to play it again soon after watching it. I know I do often...

Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Profile 2 Blu-ray Disc Player with BD Live
Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Profile 2 Blu-ray Disc Player with BD Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 1 Nov 2008
I have just received it and it is already up and running. Very easy installation. The picture is excellent (even on my HD ready tv) and the sound is perfect (through a 7;1 Sony Amp)...

I was only disappointed that it is not region free. I saw on other sites that it would play all regions but this is not the case. I wonder if anyone would know what I can do about that??
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2009 10:16 PM GMT

Creative ZEN 32GB MP3 Player
Creative ZEN 32GB MP3 Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - I love it, 20 Jun 2008
I think this little machine is perfect. I bought the leather case from i-nique for safety of mind.

There is a huge amount of space for music, pictures and videos. I like to watch opera and I have not yet found the best way to transfer DVD's to preserve the maximum quality but I have been transferring, and watching lots of TV series and both sound and picture are excellent for that purpose.

The interface is pretty and easy to use and I really can't fault this player. Everyday, I still find new ways or doing things and, once you have understood and accepted that the vids must be in a given format, it does more or less everything you want. Especially at this price, I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967]
Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Angela Cartwright

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by previous reviewers, 24 July 2006
Ok the quality of the transfer might not be ideal but it did not disturb me one bit. In fact I did not notice much difference between the previous series and this one. Off course, I was taken away once more in the wacky world of LIS and I loved it.
No way I would be without this third series and if you have any nostalgia left in you and if you enjoyed the first two series, please do not hesitate and buy it now. You will not regret it.

By the time the third series was filmed, the producers and the whole team had given up completely any idea of realism and the whole thing is pure madness... A joy!!!