Profile for Ellen Jones > Reviews

Content by Ellen Jones

Ellen Jones

5star sales ltd 8GB MP4 PLAYER 5TH GEN WITH FM RADIO AND CAMERA (NOT AN APPLE IPOD) mp4 player dispatched by amazon random colour shipped ONE OF black,silver,blue,green,red,purple comes boxed
Offered by MoveAir

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 2 Dec 2012
I bought one of these last month. I can't give it full marks for reasons I'll explain, and I'm sure the company will understand. (The company being "Gadget Bay" at the time of buying... I'm a little confused about the change of name, I don't know if it's a different company all of a sudden or they just changed the name of it...)

Pros-
Small and light
Looks good
Radio options and own music options easy to find (which was what I wanted it for)
Sound quality fairly good
It was a lovely little thing I was quite happy with once I worked out how to use it and was looking forward to having it on me for pretty much everything.

Cons-
The manual... It was a laugh at first until I quickly realised it was completely unreadable, but the company do say it is a known issue and they are working on it, so that's ok. (In case it will help others until that issue is sorted, a few of the issues I had were working out charging the battery and how to turn down the volume. With the former, you need to turn the MP4 on (move the button on the top to the left) while charging, or it will do nothing forever. Charging took me 1-2 hours once I did this. With the latter, it seemed that you can only change the volume, which is by circling your finger anti-clockwise or clockwise round the circle button, while in an individual song and not while using the radio for some reason. Once changed, the volume stays at that level whether you change song or use the radio after that point).
Unfortunately the day after I got it, my MP4 suddenly stopped working. Obviously I can only comment on my individual one doing this and not on the quality of the product generally.

Further to the product, I give 5/5 stars for the company's customer service. Every email was prompt, polite and helpful. The MP4 was sent within a couple of days of ordering and once I started having issues they were happy to offer a refund and/or replace. They even supplied a pre-paid self addressed envelope to me to cover the returns cost. I was quickly refunded full price. I can't fault anything to do with the company itself and it was a pleasure conversing with them.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2013 1:22 AM GMT