Profile for debs > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Host
The Host
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars If there is one Stephanie Meyer Book you should read it is this one, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Host (Paperback)
I was hooked from the first page, and was also delighted at how big this book is. I really love a good long read. I wasn't sure what i was expecting. I read Stephanie's other books, but was told it was nothing like. I will be reading this book again soon before the film is released (yeah they are making into a movie!!!) and I can't freakin wait! In my opinion, this is better than the Twilight series, purely because the charactors are more intense and Stephanie's writing is more developed, and maybe aimed at sightly older teens, (perhaps the same teens that read the Twilight saga. I am in my mid twenties and I have to say this is one of my favourite books :)

Spider Series I [DVD]
Spider Series I [DVD]
Dvd ~ Graham Ralph
Offered by cherry-tree

5.0 out of 5 stars I watched it as a kid and now my son loves it too, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
My sister and I used to have this on VHS and we quickly wore out that video! I have now bought it for my son who is now 3, it is on at least once a week. The songs are so lovely and funny. He used to be a bit creeped out by spiders, now I am trying not to stop him trying to befriend them (I still don't like spiders) so at least I can get my son to catch them for me now haha.... Back to the programme though, it is hard not to love this spider and the relationship it has with the little boy in it. You might find yourself singing the songs out of the blue.

Dylan Moran: The Live Collection [DVD]
Dylan Moran: The Live Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dylan Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars bought for a Dylan fan, 24 Jan. 2012
I bought this for a friend for Christmas, she loved it :) Awesome that it has more than a normal DVD, great value!

0.4
0.4
by Mike Lancaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: 0.4 (Paperback)
This book is soooo clever... This is the first "science fiction" style book I have read and it was just fantastic. Just the right about of excitement, and shock factor without being far too creeped out...I read it far too fast though.... The style of writing is superb. The author has so much imagination, and I loved the charactors. I usually read books by female authors, but I'm so glad I read this, brill, just brill!!

Enclave
Enclave
by Ann Aguirre

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Enclave (Hardcover)
I bought a few books together and I really wished I had read it sooner, I absolutely loved it! Everyting had me gripped. The other reviewers have pretty much everything covered, so why are you still deciding? Buy the book and read it, you will not be disapointed!

Moonglass
Moonglass
by Jessi Kirby

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Moonglass (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. It really is a beautiful read. It was a long time ago that I read this book as I haven't figured out how to review from my phone....but anyway, I remember thinking that I wanted to know more about the charactors and being a bit disapointed at not learning more about them. Maybe it is because I'm not a teen.... I would recommend to any young teen as it is quite short but a lovely story... If I had a 13 year old daughter I'm sure she's love it :)

Awaken
Awaken
by Katie Kacvinsky

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Awaken (Hardcover)
I am 27 and I read a lot of young adult books...I loved this book and I would recommend to any teenager (especially one who uses a computer to socialize a lot). I thought the charactors were well written and developed, my only criticisim is that it was too short (for me)! I am looking forward to the author's next offering.... :)

Junked (A Paranormal Adventure/Romance)
Junked (A Paranormal Adventure/Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to read this but I don't have a kindle, 24 Jan. 2012
I have read the first page and I want to read more, please can you print this so that I can buy and read it please?!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2012 10:56 AM BST

Clarity (Clarity Novel)
Clarity (Clarity Novel)
by Kim Harrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!!, 18 April 2011
Awesome book, read it over 2 days, just could not put it down. Main character is funny and likable. I was recommended this because I liked the Twilight series and I enjoy teen type books with vampires, stuff like that. I also read The immortals series by Alyson Noel* and loved this. Clarity, or Claire is bullied at school but is clever and witty and works with her family doing psychic reading for tourists. Her mother can read minds, her brother can see/hear the dead and Clarity can see feelings, past images from touching objects that other people have touched. She uses this gift to try and solve a murder mystery which is very enjoyable to read. There is also the element of romance in there too.

If you enjoyed Twilight and other books aimed at teens with Vampires and the like this will come as a refreshing change of a new author and subject!

Other than the brilliant story line, the book itself is pretty impressive. Really nice hardback, gorgeous sleeve and really nice to hold. I know it sounds silly but it was so lovely. Would make a really great gift for someone you know enjoys reading. My mum reads the Twilight series (sorry I keep mentioning but most people have read and enjoyed these) my mum is currently enjoying Clarity so it's not just for Teens.

I can't wait for the next ones to come out, hurry up Kim!!

Buy and Enjoy the book!!

Sister Act/Sister Act 2 - Back In The Habit [VHS]
Sister Act/Sister Act 2 - Back In The Habit [VHS]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Whoopi Goldberg, 12 May 2003
I bought this because I have always wanted to own it. It is a brilliant set to watch and you will laugh and laugh, Whoopi is the best at these kind of films with humour and control over the charactor she plays. The highest respect to her.

Page: 1 | 2