Profile for Jamie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Rockport Men's Courduroy Moc Slipper Grey Slipper I31633 10 UK
Rockport Men's Courduroy Moc Slipper Grey Slipper I31633 10 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, comfy (but squeaky) slippers, 29 Jan 2013
Liked these slippers but had to return them as they squeaked when working on wooden floors and our house is all solid flooring downstairs. Would have kept them if we had more carpets as they were very comfy.

Vintage Snakes & Ladders
Vintage Snakes & Ladders
Offered by Startup Media
Price: 8.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Vintage Snakes & Ladders (Toy)
Nicely designed board game. Square are too small if there are more than two players but not too much of a problem.

LeapFrog Advanced Digital Baby Monitor
LeapFrog Advanced Digital Baby Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 8 Oct 2010
We bought this monitor about one year ago after our previous monitor which was a hand-me-down broke down. The first thing we noticed was that this monitor picked up far less noise than the other monitor. However as I was keen not to be an over-anxious parent I decided that this was fine and didn't need to hear every breath from the munchkin. The melodies that the parent unit plays are actually quite pleasant and we can tolerate them almost as long as our boy can. The parent unit looks nice and has a soft night light. It all turned bad last week, however, when the parent unit decided it couldn't link with the baby unit. Despite the nice looks and sounds we're off to buy a new one already for baby number two which is on the way!

Black Silicone Case & Screen Protector for New Apple iPod Touch 3rd & 2nd Generation 3G 2G - 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by Importer520(TM)
Price: 6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars great ipod cover, 17 May 2010
Great cover that comes off really easily. I couldn't get the plastic screen cover on without it bubbling, but maybe that was because I didn't spend enough time trying! Would recommend this product.

Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture Perfect Camera, 18 April 2009
I bought this camera as I wanted to upgrade from my compact and to ensure I could take good quality pictures of my new born son. The quality of picture it produces - both on the computer and when developed is outstanding. The (only!) 6 megapixels produce photos of intricate detail and there is absolutely no loss of clarity. This camera is more than just a great introduction to digital slr cameras. It is a great dslr and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Sony BDPS350 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p Full HD
Sony BDPS350 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p Full HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blu-ray player, 18 April 2009
Set up and connected this Blu-ray DVD player to my TV no problem and was watching excellent picture and sound quality DVD moments later. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this player - for the price its being offered at at present it represents great value for money and a brilliant introduction to the world of Blu-ray!

Dogville [DVD] [2004]
Dogville [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 5.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely interesting, but a bit unpleasant, 30 May 2008
This review is from: Dogville [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This was a really good, inventive film that offers a different experience from the usual. Based in a basic set and with limited props the film moves at a pace which allows it to slowly gather menace. There are some unpleasant scenes which seem to be more shocking due to the basic style of the film, but I wouldn't suggest that this is any reason not to watch it. A fascinating film that will make more of an impression on you than the majority of special effect laden blockbusters will ever do!

SanDisk ImageMate 12in1 USB 2.0.
SanDisk ImageMate 12in1 USB 2.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and quick, 29 May 2008
I'm not the most technically minded person, but with the ImageMate it was just a case of plugging it in and downloading (or uploading - I forget which it is) the photos. Worked first time and the card slots are clearly marked for which kind of card they are for. Dont even need to load up any CDs before using it. Would definately recommend the ImageMate to anyone looking for a good quality card reader. No complaints whatsoever.

The Third Man [DVD]
The Third Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Orson Welles

5.0 out of 5 stars What film making's all about!, 28 Jan 2008
This review is from: The Third Man [DVD] (DVD)
Thought it was about time that I watch a classic film instead of the run of the mill modern films that are normally on my rental list and I wasn't disappointed. The film generated a level of suspense and maintained my interest without the usual tricks that modern film makers can rely upon. Instead the plot, acting and script were all extremely strong. I'm no film buff, but this was a good first experience of film making old style and I'll certainly be adding more classics to my list.

Brokeback Mountain [DVD] [2005]
Brokeback Mountain [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a film worthy of the hype., 28 Jan 2008
I found this a moving and powerful film set against some amazing scenery. I was put off by the amount of hype surrounding the film but eventually decided to watch it. I did struggle to understand a lot of the dialogue at the start of the film through the actors seeming to mutter a lot of it, but we soon tuned into it. Heath Ledger was very impressive in it and deserving of the praise he has received since his death. Well worth a watch.

Page: 1 | 2