Profile for S. Jones > Reviews

Content by S. Jones

S. Jones "SDJ" (W.Mids)

Pestbye Solar Powered Cat Repeller (Batteries Included) - Ultrasonic Strobe Scarer
Offered by Primrose
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me!, 28 Mar 2014
Well I read the reviews and really hoped I had found the solution to cats messing in our garden, but it wasn't to be! I have had this working for 7 days now and has no affect. The first time a cat came in the garden it stood within a meter of the device and stared at it. Giving it the benefit of the doubt as it does say it may take 7 days to take affect (don't know why that would be) or that particular cat may be deaf I carried on observing! Finally gave up any hope this morning when a cat came in the garden and just sat there, so out came the Nerf gun which isn't the permanent deterrent I am after!

JVC High-Quality Portable Lightweight On-Ear Audio Headphones with 3-way Foldable Design - White
Offered by Picsio
Price: 18.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't complain for the price, 25 Mar 2013
Really good sound quality, just the right amount of cord but I am constantly fiddling with them for comfort so only use them occasionally.

Cycling Bicycles Plastic Drink Bottle Holder Cage White
Cycling Bicycles Plastic Drink Bottle Holder Cage White
Offered by Great Mart-Dispatched From HongKong
Price: 1.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but does the job perfectly, 25 Mar 2013
Just wanted a cheap simple cage for the odd occasion I use my mountain bike and this does the job perfect.

Wahl Pocket Pro Hair Trimmer Battery Black Rubberised 8066-717
Wahl Pocket Pro Hair Trimmer Battery Black Rubberised 8066-717
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 25 Mar 2013
I had the previous model to this which was slightly bigger but didn't look after it and the blades rusted. This is even better as it is smaller and easy to grip and perfect for travelling. For such a small price (only paid 5.50 back in Feb 2013) it is really powerful and is perfect for trimming your sideburns and your neck hair between visits to the barbers. Comes with many accessories including comb attachments, which I'm not sure I will use but the oil to stop it rusting, brush, comb make this is great bit of kit.
Update: No longer 5 stars as it completely stopped working 3 months after purchase.

De'Longhi ICM60 14-Cup Filter Coffee Machine, Black
De'Longhi ICM60 14-Cup Filter Coffee Machine, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the cuppa, 4 Feb 2009
This is a very good coffee machine. The parts are easy to remove and clean, it keeps the coffee hot not just warm when left on the plate and makes a great cuppa. The one thing I will say as with most coffee makers it does take some time to brew. Filled up to the 5 cup mark normally takes about 10 minutes. 5 cup line fills 2 large mugs. Had this for 2 months now and very pleased and a bargain for under 30.