Profile for JackieO > Reviews

Content by JackieO

JackieO (Chester-le-Street, County Durham)

Page: 1 | 2
Fire Maple Heat Exchanger Kettle Camping Tea Pot Coffee Pot 1.5l
Fire Maple Heat Exchanger Kettle Camping Tea Pot Coffee Pot 1.5l
Offered by Travel Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars This instantly became my new favourite camping gadget, 24 Jun. 2016
Used at a guide camp on cold Spring Mornings in deepest Weardale where it had snowed only days previously. Quickest early morning cuppa at a guide camp I have ever known in 30+ years as a leader. In comparison to a standard 1 litre kettle on the other little camping stove set off at the same time it was twice as fast with more water in it. This instantly became my new favourite camping gadget.

Prescription: Murder!   Volume 1: Authentic Cases From The Files of Alan Hynd
Prescription: Murder! Volume 1: Authentic Cases From The Files of Alan Hynd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light read though, 2 Jun. 2016
some of the stories are a bit "samey". Good light read though. Can't see anyone getting away with similar now.

Alibi High (A Moose River Mystery Book 3)
Alibi High (A Moose River Mystery Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Still enjoyed the parent/teenage comedy effects and the working it out ..., 13 Jan. 2016
A little predictable, worked out whodunnit before the reveal. Still enjoyed the parent/teenage comedy effects and the working it out process though

The Grey Lady Ghost Of The Cambridge Military Hospital: Book 1 Grey and Scarlet
The Grey Lady Ghost Of The Cambridge Military Hospital: Book 1 Grey and Scarlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to working at CMH in the 80s ..., 11 Oct. 2015
Took me back to working at CMH in the 80s and 90s. The legend of the Grey Lady is known to those of us who have worked there which piqued the interest. An interesting mix of old and new QA roles. Quite creepy in parts. Also wondering if the refurbishment to apartments really will happen at some point soon as it is distressing to see the state of the venerable old building in recent years.

Pro11 wellbeing Foot Arch Angel Supports with Soft Comfort for sore Arches and Feet

4.0 out of 5 stars I have fairly small feet (size 2) so these are ..., 8 Oct. 2015
I have fairly small feet (size 2) so these are sometimes affecting the fir of my shoes BUT they make such a difference to the pain in my feet arches they are still worth it.

Sole Control Red Line 3/4 length Orthotic Insoles with firm Arch Support and Heel Cup (XS 2-4.5)
Offered by Sole Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2015
so comfortable! Like having new feet.

The Qm Handbook
The Qm Handbook
by Ruth Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Handbook for managing catering at Guiding events EVER, 9 July 2015
This review is from: The Qm Handbook (Paperback)
I bought this book soon after it was published and it has been a useful source of information, help and advice to me and many other leaders ever since. Very useful tables of quantities of basic foods needed for various numbers. Lots of great diagrams and pictures of kitchen set ups, stoves, ovens, wood fires and a whole host of gadgets and useful bits of kit. It could do with an update and Guiding REALLY should think about brining our something like it again.

The Awful Speller's Dictionary
The Awful Speller's Dictionary
by Joseph Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember this book from my 1960s childhood. It ..., 10 Aug. 2014
I remember this book from my 1960s childhood. It belonged to my mum who was definitely an awful speller; there are a lot of family jokes emanating from her misspellings. The fact that it is arranged how you think the word is spelt is totally practical for checking that you have got it right or not.

The Piano Teacher (Serpent's Tail Classics)
The Piano Teacher (Serpent's Tail Classics)

2.0 out of 5 stars HOW dull, 28 Nov. 2013
Not what I was expecting from a prize winning novel. Quite a diosappointment. I only managed a couple of chapters before givind up in despair.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars way too small, 28 Nov. 2013
My guides love a good pinata at parties. This was for a sleepover event with a monsters theme and seemed ideal. We felt it was far too small for an event for 20 people and the pull string element was just a very safely boring way of getting into it, the fact that this was a pull string pinata was not noticed on the advert and was a surprise when it arrived. we did not even know sucha thing existed.

Page: 1 | 2