Profile for JackieO > Reviews

Content by JackieO

JackieO (Chester-le-Street, County Durham)

The Awful Speller's Dictionary
The Awful Speller's Dictionary
by Joseph Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember this book from my 1960s childhood. It ..., 10 Aug. 2014
I remember this book from my 1960s childhood. It belonged to my mum who was definitely an awful speller; there are a lot of family jokes emanating from her misspellings. The fact that it is arranged how you think the word is spelt is totally practical for checking that you have got it right or not.

The Piano Teacher (Serpent's Tail Classics)
The Piano Teacher (Serpent's Tail Classics)

2.0 out of 5 stars HOW dull, 28 Nov. 2013
Not what I was expecting from a prize winning novel. Quite a diosappointment. I only managed a couple of chapters before givind up in despair.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars way too small, 28 Nov. 2013
My guides love a good pinata at parties. This was for a sleepover event with a monsters theme and seemed ideal. We felt it was far too small for an event for 20 people and the pull string element was just a very safely boring way of getting into it, the fact that this was a pull string pinata was not noticed on the advert and was a surprise when it arrived. we did not even know sucha thing existed.

Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld series)
Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent saga, 28 Nov. 2013
Terry Pratchett continues to hit the spot with his discworld stories. Long awaited but no disappointment. The societyof ankh Morpork decelops almost in parallel to our roundworld. So much fun yet to come!

61 Sex Stories A Beautiful Erotica Collection
61 Sex Stories A Beautiful Erotica Collection

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 Nov. 2013
badly written poor grammar and spelling and just plain BORING!
Ten more words is more thsn I can give this trash

Place to Live and a Place to Die
Place to Live and a Place to Die
by Laszlo Deutsch

4.0 out of 5 stars Familes at war during Yom Kippur, 3 Dec. 2009
The tale of several families during the events of the Yom Kippur war. How do we react and respond to a threat to our nation? What do we do and feel when loved ones die suddenly or you just do not know where they are and if they will ever return.
Very easy to read. A little dated now but still an interesting insight into a recent period I knew little about.