Profile for Elizabeth > Reviews

Nonviolent Communication: a Language of Life
Nonviolent Communication: a Language of Life
by Marshall B. Rosenberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, 13 Feb. 2012
I really learned a lot from this book. I was not raised in a verbally non violent way and after reading this excellent book I realised that I did not raise my own children in a verbaly non violent way either. This book would be ideal for first time parents as it would give them lots of knowledge on how to communicate well, not only with family members but with friends, work colleagues and with those we wish to develop a relationship with. The book honours the integrity of the person and enables "growth" within relationships. I cannot find a fault with this book, it is easy to read and respects the understanding of the reader.

Raising Children Compassionately; Parenting the Non-violent Communication Way
Raising Children Compassionately; Parenting the Non-violent Communication Way
by Marshall B. Rosenberg

3.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly small book, 13 Feb. 2012
I found this book interesting on the subject of raising children. I am 60 years of age, a mother of 3 adult children and grandmother to four. It is the kind of book I wish I had read when my children were small as it gives a different angle to parenting, a more compassionate and understanding viewpoint and a deeper knowledge of parenting from the childs point of view. My only criticism is that it is very short, more a booklet than a book.