Profile for Rosie G > Reviews

Content by Rosie G

Rosie G

Page: 1 | 2
Havaianas Mens' Top Camuflada Flip Flops Multicolour 9/10 UK (EU 45/46)
Havaianas Mens' Top Camuflada Flip Flops Multicolour 9/10 UK (EU 45/46)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought these for my husband - they were way too ..., 27 Aug. 2014
Bought these for my husband - they were way too big and the graphics on the sole seem to make them a bit slippy to wear. I kept them in case I find someone with big feet who needs some flip flops but I would not order these online again as sizing seems to be a bit of an issue.

Fossil JF84998040 19.5 centimetres Stainless Steel Bracelet
Fossil JF84998040 19.5 centimetres Stainless Steel Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice bracelet - have worn it all summer and the ..., 27 Aug. 2014
Very nice bracelet - have worn it all summer and the leather has stood up well to 24 hours of wear over last few months. Will probably get a couple for Christmas presents.

BATMAN (Red Strap) Slicone Slap 3D Childrens Watch
BATMAN (Red Strap) Slicone Slap 3D Childrens Watch
Offered by Blueprint Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and had it sent direct to him - he loved it. Quick delivery and he was totally delighted ..., 27 Aug. 2014
Bought this for my nephew and had it sent direct to him - he loved it. Quick delivery and he was totally delighted with it. Recommend.

Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, 11 Jun. 2014
I have read lots of thrillers and every now and again one comes along which stands out. This one does for me - lots of unexpected twists and turns in the plot and was a real page turner. Get this one for your holiday reading.

Father Ted - Complete Box Set [DVD]
Father Ted - Complete Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dermot Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 1 Feb. 2014
Had seen most of these, but there were a few pearls that I missed. Very funny and a great dvd to have to dip into of a weekday evening. After all, there is nothing worthwhile watching on the telly. Recommend.

The Virgin Blue
The Virgin Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Virgin Blue (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan of Tracy Chevalier, I have bought all her other novels but somehow missed this book so I was delighted to find a 'new' book by her on Amazon. I think it was one of her earlier ones. The style is reminiscent of Kate Mosse in some ways but that is not a criticism. The plot moves between different historical times and the story is pieced together through the experiences of two women. The book is well written and the characters convincing. I read this in one go and thoroughly enjoyed it. Recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2014 2:33 AM BST

Time Killer (Max Larkin Detective Series Book 1)
Time Killer (Max Larkin Detective Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not finish this, 13 Jan. 2014
I bought this because it got such good reviews. I cannot agree with them unfortunately. I found the characters to be superficial, lacking depth and the dialogue between Max and Jesse stilted and facile. I especially disliked the description of the different characters thought processes interspersed within the narrative. For example, " He is a bit uneasy about this guy" (because he is a serial killer who has just murdered a whole family perhaps!). The story was potentially interesting but the series of events were related like a shopping list. I gave up with this half way through because it was too irritating and this overcame the vague interest I had in seeing who did the deeds and if he/she got caught. I wish I had not bought two of this writers books at the same time. Maybe if I am desperate some time in the future I will try the next one.

Crocs Capri IV, Women's Flip flops, Black/Black, 3 UK
Crocs Capri IV, Women's Flip flops, Black/Black, 3 UK
Offered by Spellsports

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked nice but...., 28 Jun. 2013
I wore these for about one hour and was very pleased with the look and the fit. Was not so pleased when the thong came away from the sole and I nearly killed myself when I tripped and went flying. Maybe I was unlucky as I read the reviews before I bought them and they were really positive. Thought the price was too good to be true! Have gone back to Havianas flip flops.

Banana Flame Double Breasted Floral Playsuit, Size M/L, Green
Banana Flame Double Breasted Floral Playsuit, Size M/L, Green

1.0 out of 5 stars No way is the sizing correct, 19 Jun. 2013
I ordered this in size M/L which I thought would be fine considering I am size 12. I would say that this garment is more like a size 6/8. It is truly tiny. Also having paid £3.50 postage have now had to pay another £2.60 to return it. Not impressed at all.

Nameless
Nameless

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather predictable, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Nameless (Kindle Edition)
The characters were predictable and rather shallow. It read a bit like a Sunday night ITV drama. The plot had one or two interesting possibilities but they were not pursued. The ending was sudden and although it tied up all the ends of the story, was just totally stretching the bounds of possibility. I think the author just got fed up with this and wanted to get it over with. I know that is how I felt by the end of the book.

Page: 1 | 2