Profile for Lyndsay > Reviews

Content by Lyndsay

Lyndsay

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
365 Tiny Paper Airplanes 2013 (Page a Day Fun & Games Calendr)
365 Tiny Paper Airplanes 2013 (Page a Day Fun & Games Calendr)
by Ken Blackburn
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Novel, 2 Jun 2014
Got this as a present for the other half and he absolutely loved it - however the novelty wore off after a few months and the planes stopped being made.

Jelly Belly Scented Case for iPhone 5 - Strawberry Cheesecake
Jelly Belly Scented Case for iPhone 5 - Strawberry Cheesecake
Offered by TotallyGadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 2 Jun 2014
I bought this last September and the smell was gorgeous. Roll forward 8 months and I can still smell the scent on the case. - granted I have to put it right under my nose - But I can still smell it and it's still as nice as the day I opened it.

Kit A - 10 Spiral Ring Snuggies for ring bands 1-2mm wide ONLY. Reduce by 1-2 UK and 3-4 UK sizes.
Offered by Crafty Bijoux

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 2 Jun 2014
Brilliant product for me to wear a lot of my rings after they became loose due to weight loss.

Would not advise using them as a long term solution for rings worn regularly but will be great for a night out etc.

Berghaus Freeflow 20 Women's Backpack - Blue/Blue, 20 lt
Berghaus Freeflow 20 Women's Backpack - Blue/Blue, 20 lt

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but small, 2 Jun 2014
This is a sturdy bag with plenty of pockets and is well made. My only gripe is that it is on the small side and wouldn't be much good for walking in winter if you needed waterproofs, lunch, spare socks etc.

Great bag for a small summer day trip though.

Reason I feel it is smaller is due to the way the back is made - as it's designed to hold off the back the back of the bag is curved which then takes up space in the bag.

Good quality though - would buy again but probably a bigger size

Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap
Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a cheap item, 2 Jun 2014
I ordered this as I wanted to see how my heart rate picked up during exercise. And it does just that.

Please be aware this really is a no frills heart rate monitor. It will track your heart rate and time from when started but does not save the information so unless you are able to take note whilst using it then this will do but if you want to refer back to your maximum and average heart rate then this is not the monitor to go for.

You can enter your date of birth and set the monitor for max & min heart rate based on your age and if set up correctly it will beep when below or above these rates - you can also set manual rates should you have info from docs or personal trainer for instance.

Instructions are a bit lax but have a good read through and eventually it can be figured out.

Like I said for a cheap monitor it's fantastic but it is basic.

Amazon Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Touch, does not fit Kindle Paperwhite, or Keyboard)

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 23 April 2012
I have received my lighted cover today and I must be honest when I say I was quite dissapointed!

To be fair the item is exactly as described and the product has been produced to a very high standard however I honestly feel £49.99 is very expensive for what it is. There are many cheaper alternatives that have been produced to the same high quality, although you may need to purchase the light seperate from the cover.

The light works well and it's good that you don't need seperate batteries and as it only works when you pull out to use this will save on power. The light is bright enough to read with but not to bright to be overpowering and highlights the screen very well.

The case itself is not particularly heavy, neither is the kindle touch, however the 2 together seem to be quite weighted and whilst not uncomfortable, prolonged use could hurt wrists - I have a kindle as I can't hold normal books due to RSI & Carpal tunnel in my wrists.

The front cover of the case although flexible is still quite stiff and would offer some protection to the screen on your kindle. I have an issue with the case in that eventually it will not stay closed - if using the kindle for prolonged periods with the cover folded back to allow 1 handed reading the crease will reverse thus causing the cover to stay partially open and as there is not a button or velcro tab to keep it closed this could be a problem.

Finally, in the descriptions it advises to remove your kindle from the case to pull back 1 corner which will then pop the kindle out - All I can say is easier said than done, I've struggled to do this and it was some difficulty that you eventually release the kindle -Although this could just be me :-)

Anyways, summary is a high quality but overprived item.

Forged in Fire (The Forged Series Book 1)
Forged in Fire (The Forged Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast past page turner!, 21 April 2012
Absolutely loved this book and read in a day (not that I'll share that little fact with my boss ;-p)

Although everything in the story happens within a 24hour period it doesn't feel rushed or unreal. Trish really gives an indepth view of the characters and sets each scene so you can picture it yourself.

I love romance suspense books and although this book is more suspense than romance I was certainly not put off as there was enough growing between the 2 main characters to keep me hooked. There is action on every page and I really struglled to put it down, even for a second, as I really couldn't wait to find out what was happening.

The book has a mix of alpha males who would make any woman go weak at the knees and it was really nice to see that the main hero had a flaw - Most men would not admit to being psycic and his mates would certainly not believe him but because he has and they do it makes the book take a different edge and a bit more refreshing than the usual alpha hero. The main female character had enough guts to take care of herself with enough sense to allow herself to be protected when necessary which meant you didn't want to slap some sense into her (unlike some other female characters you would).

The book sort of finishes on a cliff hanger and if you're like me you'll be desperate for the second installment but this is still a good book to read even if you have to wait - if book 2 has been released by the time you read this - order it at the same time :-)

Covet (V.E.T Vampire Romance Series Book 1)
Covet (V.E.T Vampire Romance Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A sexy read, 13 Jan 2012
I've just finished reading this and I'm glad I did. I'm a fan of erotic literature & paranormal romance but don't tend to read books that cover both genre's.

The book starts off slow and I came very close to giving up reading after the first 20 pages or so. They seemed to drag and be pretty much unneccesary. I couldn't imagine what the characters looked like or understand the reasoning behind the story. HOWEVER once I'd passed those pages and we get the scene where Lilah & Javier are in the same scene, the book takes on a whole new passage and becomes very interesting.

The intimate scenes within the book are fantastic, as another reviewer mentioned there is nothing vulgar or crude and you get a real sense of truth in the scenes. The way felecity has written the sex scenes is hard to describe but you really feel the emotions of the characters and can imagine yourself as either 1 of them or even acting out the same scenario with your partner. In writing these intimate scenes the way Felicity has it brings her book to life.

As with all short stories everything happens very quickly but the story doesn't seem rushed and it plays out in what feels like the right time frame even though it all happens in under 24 hours.The book covers a couple of great sex scenes, an action scene and some falling in love scenes.

I mentioned that I couldn't figure out what the characters looked like but as the story develops you read little descriptions of Lilah & Javier (usually whilst in the throws of passion)& get a bit of an insight into their pasts. You also get to read a bit about some of the other characters and I believe the other 3 stories in this series will see us reading about Callum, Antoine & Snow - I'm sure these will all have great stories to tell.

I did like this book and I'm glad I kept up with it. My 4* rating is due to the poor start at the beginning but believe me when I say if you persevere then you're in for a real sexy treat that is more than likely gonna get you a hot under the collar.

x

Eternity (Guardian Trilogy Book 2)
Eternity (Guardian Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 2nd :-), 3 Jan 2012
I don't think I've put any spoilers in, but just be careful in case you don't agree.

I've been enjoying the fallen trilogy quite a lot and book 2 Eternity certainly improved on the first. I was so glad the things I put in my first review proved right for the 2nd book which has impressed me with Laury's writing skills. I won't say exactly what book 2 offers but if you read my review of Fallen you'll know what I mean ;-)

Well, what I love about this book - We get Maggie's history and of course with Maggie's history comes a lot Eran's history and you can't help but fall in love with him even more, the things he has endured for Maggie is heart breaking and you can truly understand why he is the way he is and you know even some of the strongest of people would have walked away before now (I really am a sad romantic - lol). Anyways their relationship is as strong as ever, if not even stronger, there's a worrying part near the end making you think it's all over but luckily that doesn't happen and we go on to book 3!

Rufus, Ezra & Felix are back and as I thought they have a BIG secret which is revealed and if you are like me, you would have seen it coming! Greshom is still with us YEY and helps play a good part. We get introduced to a couple more characters Ms Beedenwig who again has a secret but that is revealed quite early on in the book and we get to learn some more of Maggie's history. Campion is another great character and I think he has a lot more to offer but tragedy strikes - However as I said about Greshom in book one, I think Campion will be back to tell another tale.

Again, I have to reiterate what I put in my first review, the story is well written and is a great sequel to Fallen, more twists and turns and much much more to learn about the characters and the history and what is to come. I think Laury has made a great middle to a good series and I have already picked up book 3 which I suspect I'll be sorry to finish! These stories have a lot to offer, action, intrigue, love, hero's, soul mates and so much more. I think you'd enjoy taking a chance with these.

xx

Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1)
Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 1 Jan 2012

I downloaded this book from my recomendations and I'm glad I did. I'm very much a reader that enjoys romantic suspense books and this certainly ticks the boxes.

I've marked it as 4 stars as I do think some improvements could be made. Mainly the story takes a long time to get going. I seemed to be halfway through the book before anything actually happened which was a shame as I was ready for putting the book down and giving up but I perservered and read on as the latter half of the book really makes up for everything.

Maggie really is a loveable character and you know that as you read on to the 2nd & 3rd book there's going to be so much to learn about Maggie, her lives, her friends, her relationships and just how special a person she is.

In Fallen we're introduced to Ezra, Rufus & felix who are Maggie's housemates and you are left with a distinct feeling that they know more than they let on but that is yet to be proved otherwise, who knows what will come in books 2 & 3. I think these characters have much more to offer and I love how Laury has created these different characters who are on the edge of the story but still very important to it.

We then have the "fallen ones" - How bizzarre these are and suddenly appear out of nowhere in what seems like a very large grouping, I'll not mention to much as I'm sure there is much more to come from these characters but you vcan't help but fall in love a little with Greshom who's a "good baddy" You even think there might be some romance in the air but the ending of the book throws a bucket on the fire with that little bit of my imagination but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Greshom (at least I hope not)

Anyways, my favourite part of any story is Eran - the love of Maggie's life, her hero, soul mate and everything in between. I love a good love story and there is so much to discover of the love between Maggie & Eran it's this that keeps me hooked and I can't wait to find out all about their history and see what is to come in the future for these 2.

This story is well written, very descriptive in parts maybe a little to much. The characters are well written with many hidden chapters to them that leave you curious and bursting with excitement to read the next installment. The relationships between characters are fantastic and you can truly understand how each person feels.

A good start to the trilogy and I am looking forward to getting on with book 2.

xx