Profile for D. Richards > Reviews

Content by D. Richards

D. Richards (South Wales, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
AmazonBasics A100 USB-Powered Computer Speakers - Black
AmazonBasics A100 USB-Powered Computer Speakers - Black
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and great quality sound, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been very impressed with these speakers.

I got them to use with my laptop in a classroom that holds 34 children. The current speakers in the room have been broken for months, so I decided to give these a go and I'm very glad I did. They are easy to use - simply plug them in to a usb port on the laptop / pc, plug the green pin in to the headphone jack and your all set up!

The quality of the speakers is very good too - they look good in balck, the front grill is plastic (so not easy to break) and the speakers themselves have a good deal of weight, so they are not easy to knock over on the desk., The volume dial is easy to access and the power display light is clear at the front too.

In terms of sound quality - overall I'm happy. While not great on bass and treble (there's no dial to effect these) they are certainly loud. They have managed to get louder than a class of chatty children, and without too much sound distorion too. the only distorion occured when tuned up to the absolute maximum, buta slight (and I do mean slight) adjustment down in sound made go away.

Overall SUPERB quality for the price!

Babies Firsts 74x28x4cm Quilted Microfibre Foam Moses Basket or Pram Mattress Rounded Both Ends
Price: 13.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mattress, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The mattress was given to my brother who has a newborn, and both her and my sister in law are very pleased with it

The mattress fitted the moses basket perfectly, and is a great improvement of the "standard" one that came with the basket
The mattress is well padded, but with good air circulation to prevent sweating, which has resulted my my niece sleeping for more soundly than on the previous mattress.

Overall a great quality product!

Ergobaby Sleep Well Swaddler (Pack of 2)
Ergobaby Sleep Well Swaddler (Pack of 2)
Price: 27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality swaddlers, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The swaddlers were given to my brother who has a newborn, and both her and my sister in law are very pleased with them.

They keep the baby snug and warm, and are easy to use too - helped by a very handy instruction booklet which tells you how to wrap the baby most effectively.

The quality of the cotton is very good too - and reduces sweating and discomfort for both baby and parent.

Overall a great quality product!

From Here to Eternity (Penguin Modern Classics)
From Here to Eternity (Penguin Modern Classics)
by James Jones
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome book, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first book I have read by James Jones and I am very very impressed.

The plot itself revolves around three soldiers based in the US Army base in Hawaii, and various plotting, scheming and general misdemenours they get up to living in the brracks. The Story starts off in 1939 and culminates in the attack on pearl harbour.

Its a very, very long book to read, but the characterisations, descriptions and general prose of the book make it a very rewarding experience. If you love world war two literature, this book is a must read. If you simply appreciate a very well crafted and very well written book, then this book will certainly not let you down.

Overall this is an excellent book, and I can say that I will definatley be reading more of James Jones in future.

Rio Quick Waxer
Rio Quick Waxer
Price: 26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rio Quick Waxer (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as a gift for my friend and she is very happy with the set.

She's found the set easy to use and is pleased with the results. The set loses a star though as it took around 10 min to warm the set up and the small pot made waxing legs a very long frawn out proccess. However, for small areas, this works like a charm.

She's happy with the set, I'm happy!

Nicky Clarke Desired Heated Rollers
Nicky Clarke Desired Heated Rollers
Price: 59.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but too few rollers, 22 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these for my friend for her birthday, and initially she was very pleased with them - they rollers her hair well and they were hassle free and easy to use.

However, as others have pointed out, there seems to be to few rollers to allow her to curl her hair effectively, and buying extra rollers is both difficult and pricey - especially given the intial price of this set. As a result, these are good quality items, but may only suit those who are willing to buy the extra rollers at an extra cost

Pampers New Baby Sensitive 1 (Newborn) - (Pack of 39)
Pampers New Baby Sensitive 1 (Newborn) - (Pack of 39)
Price: 5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars The best there is, 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These nappies fit perfectly on a new born baby weighing between 7 lbs and allow the baby plenty of movement while at the same time keeping the nappy secure to avaoid any leakage / falling down.

The nappies did not give off a smell when the baby had wet or dirtied in them, and are bio-degradable too. All in all I'm very impressed with the quality of the nappies in this pack, and with 39 nappies in a pack, it offers good value for money too!

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Price: 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dry cat food, 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've recently changed my cat food from Iams and I'm happy with the results.

My cat is just over 2 years old and made the transition over from Iams very well - I followed the packaging's recomendation to mix "old brand" with "new" over 3 days and this worked well. So far my cat has eaten all the food given to her and has not turned her nose up at it once, as some cats tend to do while changing brands.

I Have been feeding her this food for about a week and a half and my cat is also a lot more "excietable" in anticipation of her food, so I'm assuming that she likes the chicken taste too.

All in all I'm very happy will be buying more in future.

PG tips Peppermint Pyramid Tea Bags 22 g (Pack of 4, Total 80 Tea Bags)
PG tips Peppermint Pyramid Tea Bags 22 g (Pack of 4, Total 80 Tea Bags)
Price: 4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars A refereshing change, 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this tea to be a very pleasant change from "normal" tea - refreshing, light and with a good aftertatste too.
The PG tips version of peppermint tea is not as overpowering as some of the other brands of peppermint tea, and for fans of a stong peppermint taste, this may cause some disappointment. However, as someone who is not a regualr drinker of green teas this was a pleasant change without being too overpowering. As with regualr PG tips, the tea is served in pyramid teabags which allow the leaves more space to brew giving a better taste.

I will be buying these again, its a very nice change from "normal" PG tips

Disney Cars Inflatable Chair
Disney Cars Inflatable Chair
Price: 12.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, tough and fun, 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 3 year old nephew who is a hige fan of Disney's Cars, and he loved it. As well as having that "winning look" for young fans of cars it is also a very good inflatable chair.

I remember having inflatable chairs from Argos in University, only to be left disappointed as they gradually lost inflation,or got punctured on the smallest of things. However this chair is far superior - the plastic coting of the chair is much tougher, and is a lot "smoother" making it more comfy to sit on. No longer are your legs or trousers sticking to the chair as you get up from it. Also it was very easy to inflate; I used a foot pump and it was fully inflated within 5min. Also, after 2 weeks, there has been no loss of inflation, which again shows how good this chair is.

They key point of a chair is if it is comfy - and I can say that even I as an adlut found sitting in this chair comfortable. As for my nephew, well he finds the hight to be superb - its easy to get on and off, and he also finds it comfy; no longer sitting on the sofa and using this all the time!

All in all a superb product for both young children, ands big children too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14