Profile for Mx Kaerast > Reviews

Content by Mx Kaerast

Mx Kaerast

Black Kung Fu Wushu Shoes Feiyue/Top One (43)
Black Kung Fu Wushu Shoes Feiyue/Top One (43)
Offered by Martial Arts 2U

4.0 out of 5 stars wearing these all day everyday, 27 Mar 2014
I have quite wide feet and these are as expected a little tighter than ideal, but still perfectly fine for wearing everyday. The grip could be better on wet surfaces, but then I suppose they're not designed with that in mind.

I've been wearing these everyday since purchasing them now. They're not the thinnest of soles, but they are about right for my liking and hopefully they'll last longer than the cheap canvas pumps they've replaced.

Anker® T300 Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard for iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tab and other Tablets - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 27 Mar 2014
Works OK as a travel keyboard for a tablet, but if you're a fast typer you'll find this misses key presses. It also doesn't always connect straight away, and the lack of an escape key is annoying if you use vim. What's even more annoying however is the company's constant emails after purchase asking you to review the product.

I will continue to use this when I travel as its marginally better than an onscreen keyboard, but it will be one of the first things I leave out if my bag is full. Particularly as its the only thing I have which uses aa batteries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 2:15 AM BST

Web Operations: Keeping the Data On Time
Web Operations: Keeping the Data On Time
by John Allspaw

4.0 out of 5 stars Introduces lots of important ideas, 6 Mar 2012
This book introduces a lot of very important ideas for a modern web operations team. Not all of them will apply, and the book assumes you have full control over your software (no restrictive CMS systems), but there is still a lot to learn in here for new sysadmins and developers alike.

I would highly recommend this book as something to flick through whilst waiting for software to install. I wouldn't recommend it as something to sit down and read cover to cover, you definitely need to read the bits important to you and give it time for the ideas to sink in.