ARRAY(0xac23f514)

Profile for Richard Wilkes > Reviews

Content by Richard Wilkes

Richard Wilkes (England, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Doctor Who: Nuclear Time
Doctor Who: Nuclear Time
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Was fun to read but al backwards, 5 July 2013
You have to read the book to understand my review title.
was a great read but a bit short. would of loved it to have been a bit longer but still a good read for fans of the 11th Doctor.

The Ancient Order of Moridura
The Ancient Order of Moridura
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Abit slow but still a good read., 5 July 2013
I was recommend this book by the daughter of the author and at first, it was rather slow to get into. But after the first 5 chapters the story really picks up speed and was well worth sticking at it to find out its conclusion.
Would recommend to anyone interested in History and Sci-fi mixed together.

The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Five
The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Five

5.0 out of 5 stars a amazing journey that confused me and made me laugh out loud., 5 July 2013
I started to read the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy as I really enjoyed listen to the radio series but I have to admit.
The radio has nowt on the book.
It twists and turns all the time but I still felt as if I could truly follow it and It literally made me laugh out loud, (a lot of people gave me a funny look on the train that day).
would recommend to anyone who has a funny sense of humour.

Hunter's Moon (Cretaceous Station)
Hunter's Moon (Cretaceous Station)
Price: 3.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth MY time, 5 July 2013
I have to say that when I started to read this book I was open-minded but after the first 2 chapters. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.
As the review title says. it was not worth MY time but others may enjoy it and understand it ALOT better than I.

Billy Connolly
Billy Connolly
Price: 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic view into the world of one of the Greatest Comedians., 5 July 2013
This review is from: Billy Connolly (Kindle Edition)
I choice to read this book as I am a Huge fan of Bill Connolly and I have to say that Pamela, (Billy wife in case you didn't know) truly has painted a picture of Billy's life growing up in Scotland and his adventures further afield.
A Fantastic read for anyone who like Billy.

The Hobbit
The Hobbit
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than i thought, 5 July 2013
This review is from: The Hobbit (Kindle Edition)
I decided to read the hobbit after I finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I have to say. I found this a lot better to read that the L.O.T.R. books.
A lot of fun to read and well worth it for any L.O.T.R. Fan.

Cold Days: A Dresden Files Novel (The Dresden Files)
Cold Days: A Dresden Files Novel (The Dresden Files)
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry back on form!!!, 5 July 2013
A Fantastic read. Harry Dresden back on form! and thrown straight into the thick of it once again.
Well worth it after the somewhat disappointing read from Ghost Story.

Ghost Story: A Dresden Files Novel (The Dresden Files)
Ghost Story: A Dresden Files Novel (The Dresden Files)
Price: 4.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great, 5 July 2013
I have been reading the Harry Dresden novels from the first novel and I had to say that although the story did have me interested. it was rather dull and not as exciting as Jim Butchers previous works.
Still a descent read and you kinda have to read it to understand Cold days.

Doctor Who: The Forgotten
Doctor Who: The Forgotten
Price: 2.37

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 5 July 2013
This was the first Graphic Novel I have download to my kindle and I loved reading it.
well worth it for any whovians out there.
A really good, well written story that had me turning the pages in anticipation for what may happen next.

Stark's Command
Stark's Command
Price: 5.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Stark's Command (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant book, Jack Campbell is one of my favourite writers, after reading Starks war, i had to get this and the last book in the trilogy, all were excellent reads and now its got me into reading his Lost Fleet Epic. Really worth alook for anyone.

Page: 1 | 2