Profile for Robbie > Reviews

Popular Loom Bands Kit for Gift
Offered by Coralgraph Inc Ltd
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap tat, 10 July 2014
Ordered http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GX496UW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (at least what is pictured for that product) and I got this instead (again, what is pictured)

This is cheapest of the cheap tat. I know it is cheap and you get what you pay for but it doesn't even belong in a pound shop's bargain bin. Makes me sad that there are asian factories churning out this rubbish that after 5 minutes breaks and ends up in landful.

Aidata WristMate Massage Beads Wrist Rest Support for Computer Users - For use with Computer Mouse
Offered by Retailaneous
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it - avoid cheap imitations., 10 July 2014
My original is an IMAK ergoBeads product from USA. I also have an Allsop branded version from USA. They have lasted years but are beginning to wear. They are hadt to find and/or expensive in UK. I got a couple of inexpensive ones on ebay which were absolute cheap, faulty tat. So I went for this inbetween version.

It is as good as my originals (not if there is breach of copyright, I think IMAK was the original) and well worth the 10 or so. The lycra is cool on the wrist, has a very pleasing stretchiness, the beads feel great under the wrist and adapt to the pressure of your wrist. Quality is sxcellent. It also makes a great stress reliever to squeeze or flop from one hand to the other! I simply can't work without one as my wrist on a hard desk is vey uncomfortable.

Ateam Bracelet Craft Loom Bandz Board & Hook For All Loom Bands
Ateam Bracelet Craft Loom Bandz Board & Hook For All Loom Bands
Offered by MakingDay
Price: 3.26

3.0 out of 5 stars What you get depends on seller!, 10 July 2014
Product rating is a bit pointless since various sellers have jumped on this product description to peddle whatever version they have good or bad. "Loom Board Colours may vary" - it's more than the colours that vary! One thing is clear, at prices from 3-5 you are not getting a genuine rainbow loom and it does not claim to be!

The first one I ordered was from China Outlet and it was very close to the pictured product, i.e. looks very much like an official rainbow loom with the exception of the red arrow. It came bubble wrapped with a decent hook, again a clone of the official one. It seems sturdy quality. Unfortunately it was dropped on the first day and a couple of hooks broke - I'm sure that would have happened regardless of the brand.

The second I ordered was from DayzHappy - this came in a box with a packet of bands, a very basic hook and a very cheap and nasty loom that looks like it willlast 5 minutes.

So I guess it is hit and miss what you get. Amazon should really tighten up on these type of listings.

Invero  MINI HDMI To HDMI 24K Gold Plated Cable ideal for Panasonic HC-V500M - 1.8M
Invero MINI HDMI To HDMI 24K Gold Plated Cable ideal for Panasonic HC-V500M - 1.8M
Offered by Invero
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 7 Feb 2014
The cable seems sturdy, the connectors fit fine and it work well with my GoPro Hero2 and my Canon EOS 650D connecting to a TV. The latter sells a hideously overpriced branded cable that seems pointless. So overall good value for money.

Moto G Flip Cover - Vivid Red
Moto G Flip Cover - Vivid Red
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 16 Jan 2014
The red isn't quite as vivid as the photos suggest which is fine by me. I suppose this is in part due to the fine cross grain texture of the material (just visible in the photos). This texture makes it more grippy than the smooth back of the stock cover and gives it a pleasing soft, almost rubbery, feel. I have a feeling the case could discolour but time will tell.

Fitting was easy and adds little bulk due the the fact it replaces the stock back and the front cover is thin. Despite being thin the cover is quite rigid and sits flush with the screen.

The cover will completely fold back on itself. I was concerned that the cover would impede picture taking but when held in landscape with the cover dangling below I had no issues.

A lot pricier than cheap tat covers but I think you get good sleek fit and quality for the money.

Park Tool CM5.2 Cyclone Chain Scrubber - Blue
Park Tool CM5.2 Cyclone Chain Scrubber - Blue
Offered by Rosy's Shop
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy, 2 Jan 2014
The review by JB of London sums it up nicely so not a great deal to add.

The handle works really well to hold the device in place while turning the pedal with the other hand. A surprising amount of "iron filings" ended up on the magnet. I used some halfords own brand citrus cleaner and cleaning afterwards was a simple matter of rinsing the tool and leaving the parts on an old newspaper to dry off.

In summary, quick, easy and very effective.

Timex Ironman 42 Lap Dual Tech T5K403 SU Men's Analog and Digital Quartz Watch with Resin Strap
Offered by Ciaowatch
Price: 75.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid quality watch, 23 Dec 2013
This is a chunky heavy watch in case you are used to the lighter weight plastic ironman watches. It took me a while to get used to that. Display isn't white like the picture, more grey. Buckle isn't rounded off as much as my lighter timexes so it hurt my wrist for a while until but I have got used to it. Orange band is rugged and strong and looked great when new but it is beginning to get grubby. I have a black coat that seems to be rubbing off on the band too. Ingiglo isn't great on this watch.

DIGIFLEX Mini A Female USB To Micro B Male USB Charger Converter Adaptor
DIGIFLEX Mini A Female USB To Micro B Male USB Charger Converter Adaptor
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesn't work., 10 Dec 2013
I went for this brand because it had better ratings than some others out there. I tried it on my moto g phone - on first insertion it caused my phone to restart. Subsequently the best I got was intermittent mass storage connection notifications as it wiggled loosely in the socket. Then I tried it with my Huawei G300 and a different USB cable - similarly loose in the socket. At most the phone reports "battery charged" when it clearly hasn't. Hardly worth the effort of returning it at this price.

King of Shaves SuperGel Superfresh Citrus Shaving Gel 150ml
King of Shaves SuperGel Superfresh Citrus Shaving Gel 150ml
Offered by Kiara Hair and Beauty
Price: 3.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Lemon Curd, 23 Oct 2013
Has the appearance and consistency of Lemon Curd and, I would hazard a guess, is just as effective.

It's gel, Jim, but not as we know it. Loose and pathetic. Just slips off your face and lands in a suspicious looking blob in the sink leaving my razor hacking at a non-lubed face.

Galvanising. Eh? I suppose it was the only word they could think of that was a play on the word "zing" So I was expecting zingy and tangy but it smells as insipid as a lemon scented airline "moist towelette"

On the plus side, what little remained on my face after my attempted shave did seem to be gentle and kind to my skin.

Out of curiosity I might just try Lemon Curd for shaving tomorrow. Who knows, i might be on to something.

Garmin Oregon 600 Handheld GPS
Garmin Oregon 600 Handheld GPS
Offered by Smart Training
Price: 242.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My best garmin to date, 25 July 2013
This isn't comprehensive but I wanted to say how the 600 delivers what my Oregon 450 failed.

When I bought the 450 a few years ago I thought this was going to be my perfect device but it let me down in a number of ways.

The 450 screen looked brilliant indoors. The first time I took it out on an overcast day I could have cried. I could hardly see the screen. In direct sunlight, at certain angles, it looked as clear as paper but at other angles it was dim. I could live with this hiking but it was unusable cycling since you can't really adjust your viewing angle on the fly. The 600 screen is way superior in all respects.

The 450 was touch screen but it was not very sensitive. To scroll lists or the map I would often resort to using my fingernail rather than my finger pad. The 600 is super sensitive (sensitivity is adjustable). No repeated attempts to jab a menu option, pan the map etc. The downside is that I need to be strict about locking the display when not using it.

Most of the time I use my GPS with the map displayed. On the 450 flipping to other functions then back to the map was laborious, involving backing out of the map screen, digging down through other menus, then back up again, then back into the map screen. Now with the 600 you tap the bars at the bottom right of the map screen to access context functions including toggling maps. You can add a dashboard with configurable fields at the top of the display that easily retracts. Access to track controls are simple. The physical buttons can be mapped to functions or combinations of functions (a kind of macro) which is extremely powerful.

On the 450, when presented with a list of maps, each item was large and required a lot of scrolling. Each item was logically a toggle but in fact you had to select the item then enable/disable it. The 600 gives you a list where you can toggle each item with one touch.

On the 450 I often wanted several custom (kmz) maps of the same area but was unable to toggle between them - it was all or none. In the 600 you can toggle individual custom maps.

Finally the optional battery pack for the 600 - this is nothing more than 2 x 2000 mAh NiMH batteries strapped together - the "strap" depresses the button in the battery case enabling USB recharging. Surely you can take a couple of similarly rated batteries at a fraction of the cost and fashion a strap with a bit of tape or plastic to do the same?

Oh, I don't do enough geocaching to comment on its abilities there. I'm sure others will comment.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 11:02 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5