Profile for X. Phan > Reviews

Grave of the Fireflies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tsutomu Tatsumi
Price: 12.75

5.0 out of 5 stars So far the best and disturbingly beautiful...., 12 Jan 2007
This review is from: Grave of the Fireflies [DVD] (DVD)
After watching this I thought this was the best anime from Glibli Studio have ever created. Left me strucked and out of speech. The animation is beautifully done. I never thought this would made me cry.. so far the best and the greatest war films I have ever watched.

Other Glibi Studio films made me want to watch it over and over again due to the fantasies and fun to watch. But Grave and the Fireflies...just cnt face to watch it again...

Drawing and Painting Fantasy Beasts: Bring to Life the Creatures and Monsters of Other Realms
by Kev Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm, 10 Jan 2007
So far not the best book, but i've seen better. IThis book contains beast such as OWls, trees, trolls but erm..... I dnt think this book is worth it.

The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Guides)
The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Guides)
by Stella Cottrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Jan 2007
As a art student I hardly write, organised as much. I am one of those student who have presentational skills, researching and yeah You know the rest.

University has now include lots of writing and researching skills and developing ideas which is way I've actually purchased this book. This book has helped me organised, reseach skills and made me a confident person by developing these skills. (Sounds silly that a book has actually changed the way I learn) BUT it is true!

Drawing & Painting Fantasy Worlds
Drawing & Painting Fantasy Worlds
by Cowan Finlay
Price: 12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 29 Dec 2006
If you own Finlay Cowan First book ' Drawing and Painting FANTASY FIGURES from imagination to the page' if you think its good, then this book is super duper good!

When i look at others work.. im always questioning my self how can I get it to look like this? how can I get it to look like that? trust me this book will take u from which medium to use and how to digital paint your work. Go a head give Finlay Cowan book a go =) This book shows awful alot of Medival images like, troLLZ, creatures, perspective drawings... WAY MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK X

Concept Design 2
Concept Design 2
by Neville Page
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars wicked, 28 Oct 2006
This review is from: Concept Design 2 (Paperback)
I would give this Book a five star But hmm... this book is great, which covers most of talented artist like Feng zhu and Khang Le and many more. If you enjoy concepts design, creatures design and so forth, this book can be for you. As it covers alot of artist concepts showing from Pencil drawing to finish.

The layout and everything in the book is beautiful and clearly layed out showing different sections of artists.

But ne ways not a great book but so far it's Okay =) Hope this information helps.

Spirited Away [DVD]
Spirited Away [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daveigh Chase
Price: 10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This film made me crY!, 21 Oct 2006
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
I would give it 10 stars! but sadly only five! .... Don't be fooled by the DVD cover! at first when i picked this DVD up i thought to my self... hm this animation will waste my time if i do get to watch it. Since i am a very conciderate person, i gave this animation a shot...... But guess what....what I was wrong.. very wrong. animation is a beauty and trully

amazing ;)

Together by the action and musics will take your breath away. Hayao Miyazaki's give you a taste of his talent. You best sit down and watch ;)

The Animator's Survival Kit: A Working Manual of Methods, Principles and Formulas for Computer, Stop-motion, Games and Classical Animators (Applied Arts)
by Richard E. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Official Guide!, 17 Oct 2006
I remmber back in college where I had to take this book out and borrow it to study them at home. But then I managed to take it with me when i finished college lOl... That's because this book is sooooooo great, it covers the most importances of animation. It demonstrate the in between drawings, the movements of a character, describing the weight of an objects and how to exagerate your character. But by saying this, there is much more to this. Buy this book. This is the only book you need!

The Eye (Collector's Edition) [DVD]
The Eye (Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Angelica Lee
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars do watch this..., 15 Oct 2006
be afriad.. be very afriad.. Dare you to watch this Movie alone... in the dark.. and turn off the lights. lol haha ;) x

Wacom Volito 2 Tablet & Pen USB Windows only
Wacom Volito 2 Tablet & Pen USB Windows only

5.0 out of 5 stars A true beauty!, 4 Oct 2006
I love this! This tablet board is very compatiable and easy to carry around if you are planning to take them with you. Can be easily fitted in to your bag! hehe. The design is very nice again, i totally agree to the review above it does look like a black nano Ipod which makes it look very unique.

Obviously the tablet is an A6 size, so it IS SMALL!

I have not experience any difficulty or any faulty on the pen what so ever.... =)

Some of you may want to work on a bigger tablets, but i don't see the point in buying a bigger one when A6 IS GOOD! why waste money on bigger and expensive tablets, when this is THE ONE?! =)

Out
Out
by Natsuo Kirino
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT! LOVE THIS BOOK TO BITS AND PIECES!, 22 Sep 2006
This review is from: Out (Paperback)
Believe it or not! I purchased two of these books just in case one goes missing! lol.

This book is good, at first i was very attracted to the cover, sadly the blurb kind of gave away the story.

Help your self and read the in depth story by Natsuo Kirino, leaving you feel un easy. A very good book! *Thumbs Up*

Page: 1 | 2