Profile for Shaun Allen > Reviews

Shaun Allen

Lastnight: The 5th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller
Lastnight: The 5th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 16 Jan 2014
This is the fifth book in the Jack Nightingale series and would recommend all of them. I loved this book. So much so that I read it in three days. I don't want to say to much about the plot and spoil it for anyone that reads it. Stephen Leather has a great way to have you hooked right from the start and wanting to see what happens next. The story is basically about Jack Nightingale investigating the horrific murders of five Goth's and this leads to a lot of twists and turns involving the deaths of some of Jacks nearest and dearest. This book will keep you guessing all the way to the last few pages and when you do finally find out how "it" was done it will leave you open mouthed. This story is dark, tense and humorous in places and I would recommend this book to anyone that is into Murder mystery, horror and locked room books.

Still Bleeding (A Jack Nightingale short story)
Still Bleeding (A Jack Nightingale short story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 Dec 2013
A great lunch time read that keeps you gripped right from the start and with a good twist. Well worth 77p of anyone's money.

True Colours: The 10th Spider Shepherd Thriller
True Colours: The 10th Spider Shepherd Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars fast paced great read, 20 July 2013
This is yet another great read from the pen(Apple Mac)of Stephen Leather. Dan Shepherd is now into his 10th story and in my mind at his best. This is a fast paced easy to read and follow book. The only problem you will find is putting it down. This like all the other Spider Shepherd stories is responsible for me getting some very late nights and very tired days at work. This is a great read and I would recommend it to anyone. I just hope there is more of Mr Shepherd to come.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 11:06 PM BST

NIGHTSHADE (The 4th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)
NIGHTSHADE (The 4th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Real page turner, 21 April 2013
This is a real page turner and will not disappoint. Once again Stephen Leather manages to mix the real with the occult in such a believable way. This book will have you gripped within the first page. I have read the entire jack Nightingale series and loved them all, but this one I feel is the best so far. Terrifying, spooky, tense and funny in places. I could not recommend this book more and can't wait for the 5th in the series.

Inspector Zhang Goes To Harrogate (a short story)
Inspector Zhang Goes To Harrogate (a short story)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great lunch hour read., 25 Aug 2012
Yet another great short story in the Inspector Zhang series. Inspector Zhang is at a writer's convention in Harrogate with his wife, when one of the guest authors commits suicide, or dose he? This is a gripping funny short story and is well worth a read.

Inspector Zhang And The Perfect Alibi (a short story)
Inspector Zhang And The Perfect Alibi (a short story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lunch time read., 10 Mar 2012
This is a great short story that can be read easily in your lunch hour. Inspector Zhang is called in to investigate the murder of Mrs. Chau an air stewardess for Singapore airlines. On the face of it it seems to be an easy case to solve as finger prints and even a bite mark all point to a prime suspect. The only problem is that the prime suspect has the perfect alibi. The alibi being that he was being detained by the police at the time of the murder. This is well worth the measly £0.77.

NIGHTMARE (The 3rd Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)
NIGHTMARE (The 3rd Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great read, 10 Jan 2012
Let me fist admit that I am a big fan for Stephen Leathers work and have had the pleasure of reading most of the books he has written.
So far I have not found a bad one amongst them. I thank Stephen for revitalising my interest in reading. This book is the third book in the
Jack Nightingale series and in my opinion the best so far, which is hard to say as I thought the other two where great reads to. This book
ties up a lot of loose ends from the previous books. I only hope that there is more to come from Jack Nightingale in the future. I have
been waiting for this book for what seems ages and having the opportunity to read it before it has been published was a complete honour.
I would recommend this book to anyone and have done so. As it is a fast paced read with a story that flows and giving what the subject is about it
is a very believable and thought provoking read.

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Premium Black Top Flip PU Leather Case Includes Screen Protector, Touch Screen Stylus And Polishing Cloth
Offered by Roma Accessories Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 30 Dec 2011
When i got this case i was quite pleased with it. It looks nice and being leather gave it a quality feel. However
within a day the plastic were the volume button is broke. now after two weeks of having it bits of plastic are comming off all over the thing. It's a pitty that it is let down so badly by a cheap phone holder within the case. Also there is no way of charging the phone with the case closed.

Cursed: A Jack Nightingale Short Story
Cursed: A Jack Nightingale Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars A good taste of things to come, 20 Dec 2011
I will make this review short and sweet, a bit like this story. This is a great lunch hour read,
(well 1 hour 10 min and a dressing down from the boss for being late back)
but I was not going stop until I had finished it.
Well he's done it again, another intriguing and fast paced read from Stephen Leather.
Police sergeant Simon Roach is part of a team of police officers sent in to deal with
clearing out Dale Farm. Whilst clearing out one of the caravans he is given a
lethal gypsy curse and the only person that has any chance of lifting it is Jack Nightingale.
I'm not going to say any more because I risk spoiling the story and I don't want to risk that for anyone.
This is a great read and for free you can't go wrong. Well worth downloading.
I just can't wait for the next in the series of Jack Nightingale books.