Profile for Shortiee31 > Reviews

Girl in a Birdcage
Girl in a Birdcage
Price: 1.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not for me!, 14 Aug 2012
It seems other readers thoroughly enjoyed reading the book but sadly I sort of felt like the whole book was bit of an anti-climax.

Happy Hour: a chick-lit novel
Happy Hour: a chick-lit novel
Price: 1.83

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read, 22 July 2012
I just finished reading Happy Hour and I have to say I enjoyed reading it. It was well written and had a few surprises thrown in... For most part of it it was predictable but I would recommend it! Took about half a day to finish the whole thing but it's great for some light reading.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not for me, 10 July 2012
Loved the movies but I found it very hard to get into when reading this... I actually tried to get into this book 3 times before finally managing to finish reading it. I feel like the whole story almost drags on and is a bit crazy from start to finish but I can understand why others would enjoy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2012 10:29 PM BST

Sparks Fly
Sparks Fly
Price: 1.53

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read!, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Sparks Fly (Kindle Edition)
The story itself is very light-hearted and easy - Perfect for when you got a few hours you need to fill. The errors were off-putting and the whole thing feels like it was quite rushed.

Ryan's Return
Ryan's Return
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book!, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
This was one of the first books I had downloaded for free on my Kindle and once I had finished reading it I was surprised that this was the case! Ryan's Return is so well written and you found out a lot about each of the characters and their situation which made you feel for every single one of them. It is a beautiful story and I there were a few twists which caught me by surprise and at one point had me close to tears!

I found some of the bits slightly far fetched but on the whole I would recommend this to anyone thinking about reading this!

Falling Star
Falling Star
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite different!, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Falling Star (Kindle Edition)
While the storyline is quite predictable it is very well written that I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I expected too! You find out a lot about each character and their way of thinking which makes you feel like a fly on the wall watching and hearing everything.

I also liked the fact it was based around a woman in her late 30's, as opposed to a someone in their early 20's, as it makes a pleasant change!

Double Dare
Double Dare
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Over in a flash!, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
Double Dare is a very short story but was very fun to read. I would have given it 3* but the errors in the book were annoying - It doesn't take long to proofread, especially a book this short! I did feel that the story could have been extended a bit more by allowing us to find out more about the characters etc. but overall it is good quick read.

The Millionaire's Nanny
The Millionaire's Nanny

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but enjoyable, 9 July 2012
The story line is very predictable and I knew what was going to happen within the first few pages of the book but I carried on nevertheless, as I always finish whatever I start reading. As I got into it though I did find myself enjoying it a bit more than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. Like the other reviewers have said, this book is perfect for a lazy afternoon!

A Proper Charlie: For anyone as long as they aren't ginger.
A Proper Charlie: For anyone as long as they aren't ginger.
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting turn, 9 July 2012
I am probably the only one here but I actually didn't fall in love with the main character, Charlie. I didn't really feel anything for any of the characters though if I am honest, which is what makes a good book for me. The story however is good and I found it more interesting towards the end when the pace picked up a bit.

Always a Bridesmaid
Always a Bridesmaid

1.0 out of 5 stars What's the point?, 9 July 2012
I don't see the point of having two short stories in a book which is already very short as it is. It seems the author had two ideas but just couldn't be bothered to execute it properly? I am glad I downloaded this when it was free as I would have been thoroughly disappointed to have paid even a penny for it. I only read the first story (Always a Bridesmaid) but it lacked depth and was over in a flash so didn't bother with the second.

Page: 1 | 2