Profile for Mr. B. J. Hunt > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. J. Hunt

Mr. B. J. Hunt (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Casio Gents Solar Radio Watch Edifice EQW-M710DB-1A1ER
Casio Gents Solar Radio Watch Edifice EQW-M710DB-1A1ER
Offered by WatchO
Price: 175.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch!, 28 Dec 2011
I find it hard to understand why anyone has had difficulty in setting this watch up. On opening the packaging tin, the watch was in power saving mode. This was obvious as the second hand wasn't moving (it does this every night to conserve energy), but as soon as daylight hit it, it began operating normally. Following the instructions to set LON (london) as the time zone was simplicity itself. Realising that it was unlikely to pick up a time signal until that night (as it will automatically set itself up to make six attempts to receive a signal overnight), I did it manually instead. None of this was difficult if you just take the time to read and follow the instructions to the letter. The watch told me that it has received a signal by pointing to the Y (yes-signal received) on the dial edge to indicate it had sucessfully set itself, as it has done so every night since.
This is a fantastic looking watch and does get attention, but admitting that it's a Casio when asked does tend to not impress so much! (say it's an Edifice instead!)
Don't try to adjust the strap yourself. The strap arrives a very generous size and will probably need links removing. Normally the link pins are easy to tap out using a safety type pin yourself but these wouldn't budge. I had to take it to a jeweller to alter, the strap is lovely looking and great quality.
At this price, this is a great buy, and much cheaper than on the high street, overall very impressed.

AA Essentials Car Magnet/Magnetic GB Euro Great Britain Badge Plate PUB10101
AA Essentials Car Magnet/Magnetic GB Euro Great Britain Badge Plate PUB10101
Offered by Price Zone
Price: 1.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job..., 17 Aug 2010
...For European driving, and although I did not need it for my recent drive to Paris as I didn't get stopped by the police, it's nice to know that it's cheaper than an on the spot fine!

AA Car Essentials Warning Triangle

Dvd ~ Rik Mayall
Price: 11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Belly laughs all round!, 3 July 2010
Brilliant!
Not seen these since the 80's and I still laugh at them, as did my teenage boys.
Shame that Alexi Sayle has to come in every so often to do his monologue and interrupt the hilarity. Would have been excellent without him - and I thought that when I first saw them too!

Mini USB Mains Charger For Garmin Nuvi 200w 205 215 215t 205w 205WT 250w 255w 200wt 200WT 255wt 255T 265T 265WT 275t 765t 775t 860 865t 770 760t Widescreen Models Mains Home Travel Charger (See Product Description Below For Compatibility Details)
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, but..., 31 July 2009
Does what it says on the tin, but I expected the led light to go out when the sat-nav was fully charged, which it didn't so I had no idea when it was done. The Garmin doesn't tell you either! if the charging circuit is able to recognise a fully charged battery and turn off to protect the battery, why doesn't it turn off the LED too?

Giro Indicator helmet (Colour: black/pewter)
Giro Indicator helmet (Colour: black/pewter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 July 2009
Comfortable, lightweight, fitted immediatly, easy to adjust and excellent quality, what more could you ask for?

Garmin Nuvi 255  Satellite Navigation System with Full EU Mapping
Garmin Nuvi 255 Satellite Navigation System with Full EU Mapping

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sat nav, 31 July 2009
I recently bought and used this item for a trip to the northern part of Scotland, and for finding locations once there whilst touring, and it didn't put a foot wrong. It even took me to the front door of the nearest hospital A+E dept when we needed it! I completed 1272 miles in a week all whilst using this product and I don't know what we'd have done without it. Not tried it abroad yet but trust it will do the same job as in this country. Brilliant item.

Hancock [DVD] [2008]
Hancock [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Dec 2008
This review is from: Hancock [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I watched this film on Christmas day and found it hugely enjoyable. If you enjoy Will Smith playing his usual cuttingly witty but laid back character he tends to put into most of his movies, you will love this. Funnier than either MIB film, more jaw dropping special effects than anything I have seen in any film recently and more entertaining than any of his other recent offerings. Brilliant! Bring on Hancock2!.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3