Profile for Daisy Hill > Reviews

Content by Daisy Hill

Daisy Hill "Day" (France)

Page: 1 | 2
Sigikid Kapt'n Kitta Umbrella
Sigikid Kapt'n Kitta Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, really good quality and great colours / design, 11 Jan. 2014
Surprisingly sturdy for a child's umbrella! REALLY good quality. Strong. One button and it just pops straight up.
Great colours, lovely design. Perfect for a little boy of ages 5-9...not too babyish so should last him years and actually quite big so better for a child from 5 years and up.
My son was REALLY pleased with it. It's cool...good colours..will last I am sure for many reasons...

One Hundred Illustrated Stories (Usborne Illustrated Stories Collection)
One Hundred Illustrated Stories (Usborne Illustrated Stories Collection)
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but beautiful, 20 Sept. 2013
Smaller than I thought it'd be...(and heavy) but easily big enough to read to two children at a time.
Not as many pictures as in the larger thinner versions by Usborne (more words per page with maybe two or three little illustrations on each) but I know my five year old won't mind as all his favourite stories are here...
quality printing and good hardback fabrication. Satisfying to look at.
Can't wait to read it to my sons of five and three and will make a start on it now before they get back from school!
Great selection of stories.

I Want My Hat Back
I Want My Hat Back
by Jon Klassen

5.0 out of 5 stars dry, deadpan, absolutely hilarious, 26 July 2012
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
This is the funniest children's book I personally have ever read and I've got literally hundreds of this genre.
The illustrations could almost be verbal they are so evocative and the text which is deadpan and dry is absolutely hilarious. Adults and children will love it for very different reasons. The pictures are incredibly funny and very very clever in the way they portray the story.
Brilliant. Buy it and laugh.

My Little Pocket Things That Go Library (My Little Pocket Library)
My Little Pocket Things That Go Library (My Little Pocket Library)
by Roger Priddy
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pictures but a little fragile for babies and small, 19 Dec. 2011
Very small little books, smaller than other mini libraries...may be tricky for very little chunky hands yet fragile in binding so could be destroyed.
Good point? EXCELLENT photographs. Very realistic images. Children will love them.

Premier Collection Plush Soft Toy Barn Owl. 20cm.
Premier Collection Plush Soft Toy Barn Owl. 20cm.
Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for thechildren, 19 Dec. 2011
It feels a bit synthetic because it is REALLY soft but then it is like real feathers I suppose!
I bought it as it is Fairtrade. That's worth any feeling...
My three year old will love it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for potty training, 17 Nov. 2011
They still have images months on and helped my child become potty trained ("Don't get Wilson wet")!
Very good purchase.

Gruffalo Melamine Feasting Set - Plate, Cup and Bowl in a Gift Box
Gruffalo Melamine Feasting Set - Plate, Cup and Bowl in a Gift Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and fun: STRONG!, 17 Nov. 2011
The plate / dish has retained its picture after many dishwashes and has been thrown forcefully often off the highchair. Not a single crack.
My 15 month old and 3 year old love these plates/dishes and the cup is a great size for either child.

Child's long sleeve waterproof nylon painting apron - red 4-5yrs
Child's long sleeve waterproof nylon painting apron - red 4-5yrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Nov. 2011
I ordered two sizes, 4 years and 2 years.
My 15 month old child is huge but fits well in the 2 year suit because you can adapt the sleeves to their size with velcro. Brilliant for hair cutting too.
They love wearing them and I don't care about any paint getting on them as they are wipe clean before you even wash them.
Very good buy. Exactly what I was looking for.
Only one velcro fastening in the back. Easy to put on a moving child.

Last Train from Liguria
Last Train from Liguria

3.0 out of 5 stars Author excels at setting but seems to "lose the plot" a little, 4 Sept. 2011
I can't make up my mind about this book but I will say that I was totally drawn in by the author's use of metaphors, similes...I felt I was in Italy and Sicily at times so vivid her descriptions of towns, views and sounds. I like the way in which mundane actions are described: "the dry shower of letters"(?) falling into a letter box for example which allow me to feel as if I am taking part in the scene.
Plot wise there are any stories being acted out which have very little thread to draw them together. I wish only that somehow the author had made them a little more unified and aboveall have let us known what happened to some of them! You can imagine to a certain extent the outcome of course but it is frustrating as you are so involved in their lives and then they literally disappear. Some main characters are very well characterised yet others a simple suggestion that you never really believe in anyway so you are not amazed when they vanish which in itself is a disappointment. I wish the author had re-read this book maybe a year after first writing it as then perhaps she would have seen the need to fill in more plot gaps later with fresh vision. She is so talented setting wise that I really believe with more substantial and consistent plot she'd be onto only five star reviews. I do agree with some other reviewers that she seemed to get bored at the end as if she was saying "hang on, I've just got to get this book out of the way then we can go out". A bit mean I know but that's how it felt...there were two many different stories going on, two many different ambiances. You begin with crime fiction, encounter glorious romanticism (but with its own lackings as another reviewer let slip) and then end with a rushed war period. It's a little exhausting. Even so, I am going to try "Tatty' another novel by this very author which on amazon has received mostly five star reviews because I love the style employed by Dwyer Hickey.

Me Talk Pretty One Day
Me Talk Pretty One Day
by David Sedaris

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Me Talk Pretty One Day (Paperback)
The title of my review says it all. It lifted me out of a depression...he's SUCH a sharp laugh...has great wit. I laughed aloud.

Page: 1 | 2