Profile for T. Frojd > Reviews

Content by T. Frojd

T. Frojd "SuperTim" (Jersey, Channel Islands)

Superman: The Ultimate Guide to the Man of Steel
Superman: The Ultimate Guide to the Man of Steel
by Jeph Loeb

4.0 out of 5 stars Superman: The Ultimate guide for 2002, 10 April 2013
I have been looking for a a good guide book that depicts the man of steel and his friends and enemies through the ages and how they have evolved over the decades. This book does not do that. Instead it concentrates on the current, for 2001-2002, events of Superman and his friends and enemies, delving only briefly in to the near past (for example the death of Superman). This was a bit of a let down, but still it always good to see Superman in action. But by far the best section of this book was the index of Superman titles from 1938 onwards. Now the index doesn't mention every single comic book that Superman appears in, it mainly concentrates on any important events, for example the first apearance of Lex Luthor, Brainiac, etc. I would like to see a book that has all the comic books that Superman has appeared in since he first leaped over a tall building. Other similar books for the other heroes and villains would also be a good idea and they could all have references to each other. I know most of the info is probably out on the net. but there is something special about having these reference books in the bookcase. I guess not much different from my parents who had 24 bands of an Encyclopedia in their bookcase when I was little. they still do, even if the info in the books are now outdated they are nice to read from time to time as the info in them doesn't change like it does online.
In summary: More reference books depicting our heroes and villains from DC. I'd buy them.

Disney 17 Inch Deluxe Plush Figure Mickey Mouse [Toy]
Disney 17 Inch Deluxe Plush Figure Mickey Mouse [Toy]
Offered by VOLTASUPPLY

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Dog!, 21 Feb 2013
This Mickey Mouse soft toy arrived from the States earlier than stated which was great as it arrived two days after my son's birthday.
When i opened the package and handed Mickey to my 1 year old son, his face lit up and he hugged Mickey so hard and cuddled up. I've never seen him do this with any toy before and it was really nice to see. He cuddles up with Mickey as soon as I hand it to him. I can recommend this toy as a present to any child that watches Mickey Mouse's Club house.

Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock
Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars It is small, but is it bigger on the inside?, 21 Feb 2013
I was in need of an alarm clock as my smart phone kept getting notifications through the night despite my having amended the settings to have quiet time between 22.00 - 7.00 (I used my phone as an alarm clock). The Tardis took almost a week to arrive which is totally acceptable and it was well packaged. I eagerly unpacked it and inserted the 4 AAA batteries that I had already purchased a few days earlier. It was pretty easy to set the time, date and alarm. I placed the Tardis on my bed side table and set the alarm for my early morning wakening (5.10). When it rang out on the correct time I hit the lantern on top of the roof of the Tardis and the alarm stopped. Or so I thought. 5 minutes later it started to make the famous Tardis noises again. Now my wife was trying to sleep and wasn't impressed with this disturbance. I was trying to figure out how to make the snooze function stop and after it ringing out another 4 times I managed to figure out that I had to hold the lantern on the roof down for a longer period of time to stop the snooze function. Doing so also gave off a loud 'beep' sound. Not ideal for shutting off an alarm. If it had a proper 'off' switch and perhaps a volume control I would be very pleased with this. It might take me a few days to get used to it but it should be a good little alarm clock once I'm used to it.
I also want to mention the projection function. I have had projection alarm clocks before and been utterly disappointed with them as they project a very blurry image. This one however is really clear and I can see the projection on our very high ceiling (it is about 4.5 metres high) without my glasses. Now the blurry image I mentioned earlier was seen with my glasses on, so that speaks volumes for the Tardis' projection. Really happy with this.
To sum things up: Projection is really good. Shutting off the alarm is a bit of a pain but it can be lived with. Not sure how long the 6 volts of battery will last or if there will be any warning when they are about to die.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 11:28 PM GMT

Accuratus Netac U207 1GB USB Floppy Bootable Flash Drive with Non-Corruptable Flash Memory

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and worked as promised, 19 July 2011
i ordered this item on Thursday 14/7 late in the evening. I expected it to take 5 days as it stated. However arriving home on Monday 18/7 the package containing this USB memory stick was waiting for me. I was happy and managed to fix my friends laptop using it within 5 minutes of opening the package.
Brilliant! Thank you for good service! Will use again when the need arises.

Canon 38 Colour Ink Cartridge (CL-38)
Canon 38 Colour Ink Cartridge (CL-38)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ink Cartridge, 7 April 2009
The ink cartridge was delievered fast and was easy to install. I will use this seller again in the future.