Profile for Kim Busby > Reviews

Content by Kim Busby

Kim Busby "Kim" (Belfast, N Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Shiva Rea - Daily Energy [DVD]
Shiva Rea - Daily Energy [DVD]
Price: 11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect DVD for those already familiar with yoga, 28 Jan 2013
This DVD is amazing. It's the first I've ever purchased from Shiva Rea, and I will be purchasing more!

I started my yoga journey with Ashtanga about three years ago but have since moved on to Vinyasa. This workout is for the more seasoned yogi and would not suit complete beginners. It mixes meditations with tougher practices, incorporating arm balances, back bends and core work.

Unlike other yoga workouts I've done, I have never ever got bored during it or wanted it to end. Even a thirty minute practice is too short and I prefer to do a good hour to get a decent work out.

Highly recommended. Shiva's instructions are very clear and concise and her voice is very soothing.

Time Management For Manic Mums: Get Control of Your Life in 7 Weeks
Time Management For Manic Mums: Get Control of Your Life in 7 Weeks
by Allison Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary - a must read for anyone, not just mums!, 12 Jan 2012
I would wholeheartedly recommend this book. I have four children, and run my own company and thought I was always pretty good at time management. However, Alison's practices have revolutionised my life. I have implemented nearly every single one of her systems, and my husband cannot believe how efficient our life runs as a result. It is written very tongue in cheek, with a lot of witty humour. I would imagine this is to try to instil a little lightheartedness into what can be an emotionally hard job for mums, who have young kids. Being a mother, I find, is more emotionally draining than physically draining. This book would not only suit mothers, but any person male or female, young or old. Let's face it, who couldn't use a little more efficiency in their lives?!

A Contented House with Twins
A Contented House with Twins
by Alice Beer
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a friend with twins - reports of five star results!, 13 Mar 2011
My best friend recently had twins, and I bought her this book as a present. She had read all the reviews on this website, and was a little horrified by the downright slanderous views of some of the authors. However, encouraged by me, and with the realisation that most of the reviews were probably written by Gina haters, who never had ANY intention of actually trying her routines, she gave it a bash. Becoming a mother for the first time is daunting enough. But first time mothers of twins, have double the anxiety, and this book really helps relieve some of that fear. The routines help you to understand your babies natural sleep patterns, and are full of helpful tips and hints to get them to sleep through the night at an early age, and have co-inciding nap times, so you get some rest yourself. There are mothers out there who would love their kids to sleep though the night, and settle themselves to sleep, but who are just not prepared to do what it takes to cause it to happen. If you are one of these mothers, do NOT buy this book. However, if you are, then this book is perfect to for you. Every mother is different, just like every baby is different. Each of us must to what it takes to raise our children, in the way that works best for us. Give these routines a whirl. Adapt the parts that suit you, and leave the parts that don't. I promise, that no matter how little or how much you decide to follow the advice, you will find parts that suit your style of parenting. This is not a be all and end all baby manual. It is a wealth of advice, from a maternity nurse who has looked after hundreds and hundreds of babies in her career. I promise that if you read it with an open mind, you will find much of it makes sense.

Top Tips for Fussy Eaters
Top Tips for Fussy Eaters
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gina's Top Tips = No more fussy eater, 13 Mar 2011
My middle son Kai has always been a fussy eater, and being a fan of Gina's methods, I bought this book. The tips are excellent, and make sense. The case studies cover a wide array of problems, and are informative and useful. Within a couple of weeks, Kai had added more than half a dozen new foods to his repertoire, and meal times were less of a battle. More than anything I suppose, I became more relaxed after reading it. I took Gina's advice to relax and not worry, and even this attitude, seemed to make a difference. Highly recommended.

Sparkles
Sparkles
by Louise Bagshawe
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Nov 2008
This review is from: Sparkles (Paperback)
This was the first LB I ever read, and I was completely hooked from the beginning. I used to love reading Jilly Cooper and Jackie Collins, and found this book to be reminiscent of these authors. Having since read practically all her titles, I still think that this was one was the best for me, although this could've been due to the fact that it was my first Louise love! The plot is clever, the characters believeable and likeable, and I love her attention to detail in describing the characters clothes and jewels. It really brought them alive for me. This book is total escapism and I always feel better about myself, and positive and energised after reading LB. A definite must if you're looking for a great read.

Pilates - Beginning Mat Workout [DVD]
Pilates - Beginning Mat Workout [DVD]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous. A must for any pilates beginner., 22 Jun 2008
This DVD is a must for any pilates beginner. I work at an advanced pilates level and recently bought this for my mum. It is clear, concise and easy to follow, without spending unnecessary time explaining moves, which can become tedious whenever you become familiar with the moves. She has now moved onto the Intermediate work out, which is also brilliant.

Pilates: Intermediate [DVD]
Pilates: Intermediate [DVD]
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 Jun 2008
This review is from: Pilates: Intermediate [DVD] (DVD)
I have become a huge fan of Ana Caban's workouts as they are quick, easy to follow and challenging all at the same time. This is no exception, and is a great intermediate work out. It is not for beginners as it does not explain the basics of pilates. For this I would recommend her Beginners Mat Workout which I recently bought for my mum, and can vouch is also amazing.

Pilates Abs Workout [DVD] [NTSC]
Pilates Abs Workout [DVD] [NTSC]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic advanced workout, 21 May 2008
I have been practicing pilates for quite a while now, and was becoming bored by not feeling challenged enough. However, this workout is amazing! It is really very challenging and quite intense in the middle, with one demonstator working at intermediate level and Ana herself, working at advanced. To top it off, my abs are incredibly defined and stronger as a result of doing this workout about three times a week, in addition to my usual pilates workouts. Highly recommended. I'm off to buy more of her stuff now!

Animal Babies: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Ella & Tom Lift the Flap Book)
Animal Babies: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Ella & Tom Lift the Flap Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for babies and toddlers, 11 Mar 2008
My ten month old absolutely LOVES this book. He gets so excited lifting the flaps, which as a perfect size for his baby fingers, that he nearly rips them off!

Another great book by Gina.

Splash! Splash!: A Touchy Feely Board Book (Ella & Tom Touchy Feely Book)
Splash! Splash!: A Touchy Feely Board Book (Ella & Tom Touchy Feely Book)
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Gina, 11 Mar 2008
I have all of Gina's books in this Ella and Tom series, and they were much loved by my now two year old, and are being discovered by my ten month old! She has not let us down with this recent addition. Fabulous.

Page: 1 | 2