Profile for Steve352 > Reviews

Content by Steve352

Steve352

A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies
A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies

3.0 out of 5 stars It failed to grab me like Bill Bryson's 'A Short History of Almost Everything', 7 July 2014
A Little Bit ... disappointing to be honest. I lost interest in it and have not finished it. It failed to grab me like Bill Bryson's 'A Short History of Almost Everything', and lacked that un-put-downable page-turning quality which Bill's book has in bucket loads.

THE COMPLETE PLAYS OF SHAKESPEARE (Illustrated and Commented Edition) All of William Shakespeare's Unabridged Plays AND Yale Critical Analysis) THE COMPLETE ... (The Complete Works of Shakespeare Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars One thing I would like to see is a short-cut back to the list ..., 7 July 2014
This collection is a major undertaking to read in it's entirety, though you can 'skip' to plays you are more interested in rather than plough through the whole thing. The academic essays add insight to the works, and the circumstances around which they were written, and their authorship where there is doubt. There are some errors in transcription unfortunately, with some typos and speech attributed to the wrong characters in places, but given the enormity of the task, and the cheap price, this is understandable, and quite obvious in most cases.One thing I would like to see is a short-cut back to the list of characters for each play, as this is easier done with a hard-copy than on the e-reader. There are so many characters to remember that frequent referral back to the character list is required - at least in my case! This is an ideal use of an e-reader as it is very unlikely one would ever amass these volumes as hard-copy, or have the shelf space to house them, and at this price it is a 'no-brainer' to buy it.

Christmas Tree - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Christmas Tree - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

3.0 out of 5 stars Print image was not brilliant, but hey, 7 July 2014
Does what it says on the tin! Print image was not brilliant, but hey, it's a gift voucher, and saved a trip to the shops!

Juwel 280 Powerhead Filter Pump
Juwel 280 Powerhead Filter Pump
Offered by Warehouse-Aquatics

1.0 out of 5 stars This was advertised as a direct replacement for the Juwel ..., 7 July 2014
This was advertised as a direct replacement for the Juwel Rekord 60 aquarium, but on trying to fit it it was immediately evident that it did not fit the pump-holding bracket on the separator wall. This pump has a different footprint shape, and the impeller housing is located on the front of the pump body, rather than underneath as in the original unit. I have returned it to the supplier who has promised to send the correct unit to replace it, but to date this has still not arrived. This unit is NOT a direct replacement for the Juwel Rekord 60. If ordering this item for the Rekord 60 ensure you get a new separator wall with it which will carry this unit correctly.

Olympus LI-50B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Olympus LI-50B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Offered by SmartSalesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality original equipment., 28 Feb. 2014
I needed a second battery as the original needs recharging after about 300 shots due to small size, and the Olympus SZ 30 MR charges the battery whilst on the camera, so shooting time was being compromised. I went for Olympus despite higher costs compared to other makes as I had read about issues with poorly made cheap Ion batteries which can ignite under charge. I am pleased with the quality of this Olympus battery, it charges quickly, retains charge as well as the original unit and I have peace of mind that it is genuine equipment. It does what it says on the tin, simple as that.

Ex-Pro Travel Pro Charger for Olympus Camera
Ex-Pro Travel Pro Charger for Olympus Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, does the job and is compact., 28 Feb. 2014
My Olympus SZ 30MR digital camera has 'on camera' battery charging, which was inconvenient due to taking the camera out of use to charge the battery. As the battery is small this was taking the camera out of use too often, so a spare battery and this charger has solved the issue. The unit comes with UK , Europe and USA power adapters and a 12v car charging lead, so it's ideal for travel use, as well as at home. It switches itself off when the battery is charged, so no overcharging fears. The charger plugs straight into the wall socket without trailing cables, so is neat and takes up less space in the camera bag. The price was a fraction of an Olympus unit, so value for money is good. Perhaps Olympus should supply this with it's cameras at point of sale!

Ex-Pro® Digital Multimeter, Voltmeter, Ammeter, Ohm, Resistance, Meter, AC, DC
Ex-Pro® Digital Multimeter, Voltmeter, Ammeter, Ohm, Resistance, Meter, AC, DC
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, a few minor niggles., 28 Feb. 2014
I bought this meter after borrowing a similar items from a colleague to test my leisure battery on a caravan, and finding his very useful I decided to get one. The price was good, and as I only wanted it for simple 12v battery testing I saw no point in getting anything dearer. It does the job I want it to do, the main body seems quite sturdy, the screen is a good size and is easy to use. Delivery was quick. There are a couple of niggles with it, the rear stand is very frail and I fear breaking it so use it handheld only. The back light only stays on for a few seconds so you need to take readings quickly if in dark conditions, and there are fiddly terminal covers for the probes which I will probably lose. However, for the cost these are acceptable minor points, and in terms of value for money I am happy with the meter.

Turtle Wax FG7103 Headlight Restorer Kit
Turtle Wax FG7103 Headlight Restorer Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not perfect results, 28 Feb. 2014
I spent about 3 hours using this kit and it did improve my lights greatly, but not 100% clear as the videos showed. I suspect power tools would be needed to achieve perfect results.The final wipes which come with the kit to provide uv protection and seal the surface made a noticeable difference at the finish, but only 1 of each are supplied with the kit, so ensure you do both lights fully and use these together at the end of the process. I feel I need to have another go with this kit, but there is no information about where to get extra wipes from, so I can't repeat the treatment. For the price it is an OK product, it should get my car through the MOT, but I am a bit disappointed given the time I spent trying to do a thorough job.