Profile for Mr. Adrian Bushby > Reviews

BIKE BICYCLE EXTRA COMFORT SOFT GEL SEAT SADDLE CUSHION COVER - BLACK
BIKE BICYCLE EXTRA COMFORT SOFT GEL SEAT SADDLE CUSHION COVER - BLACK
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Jun. 2015
Considering how painful my seat could be, this cover sorted it right out. Very good for the price.

Like a Tramp, Like A Pilgrim: On Foot, Across Europe to Rome
Like a Tramp, Like A Pilgrim: On Foot, Across Europe to Rome
by Harry Bucknall

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did, 24 Jun. 2015
I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did, I thought it would be just the usual "one man on a walk" type affair. Turns out I read the whole thing in short order and was much happier for it. It flows wonderfully, regularly leaves a smile on your face and makes you seriously think about taking the same journey yourself (not bad considering my militant atheism).
I recommend this book wholeheartedly for an uplifting read.

Royal & Awesome Ka Boom Men's Trousers Multi-Coloured Multicolour Size:36/34
Royal & Awesome Ka Boom Men's Trousers Multi-Coloured Multicolour Size:36/34

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed a pair of trousers that were brightly coloured ..., 24 Jun. 2015
I needed a pair of trousers that were brightly coloured for a party and these really fit the bill. Decent quality too.

etm Chair Mat for Hard Floors - 75x120cm (2.5'x4') | Multiple Size Options | 100% Pure Polycarbonate, No-Recycling Material - Transparent, High Impact Strength
Offered by Home and Office

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mat to do the task I wanted, 24 Jun. 2015
It would appear I bought a different mat to some of the other reviewers. It came flat packed as it would be impossible to fold it without snapping it in half. It has no odour at all and is not what I would class as slippery (clearly if you are placing it down on a laminate surface, hard plastic would be). The mat has no colour to it, though intricate patterns on tiles would be difficult to see.
A good mat to do the task I wanted.

Plastic 390L Mocha Garden Storage / Cushion Box / Shed with sit on lid
Plastic 390L Mocha Garden Storage / Cushion Box / Shed with sit on lid
Offered by Garden Store Direct Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not worth the price., 4 Mar. 2015
The box arrived in good time, however it was broken in three places most crucially on one of the lid hinges. There was no damage to the box it came in and I doubt they packed it in such a state. What this highlights is the overall strength of the cheap plastic, it breaks with little effort. This is NOT a secure box, I'll say that again, it is NOT a secure box. It may have an area for a padlock, but a kick will break it open. To be fair, it may deter the opportunist thief if he has to grab something on the run, but this is a box that needs to be brought in if you don't want anything stolen.
I understand it is not meant to be a safe, but what's the point of advertising something as lockable when all it takes to open it is a good pull at the hinges. Oh, and those hinges don't fit. The parts simply will not fit it to where they are supposed to, despite much force and clearing out the hole with a sharp blade.
Quite simply the worst item I have bought of Amazon.

13x18 (7x5") Inkjet Satin Photo Cards Pearl Premium 260g x100sheets
13x18 (7x5") Inkjet Satin Photo Cards Pearl Premium 260g x100sheets
Offered by Photo Paper Direct Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars No dramas with the deliverey, but the paper itself ..., 25 Jan. 2015
No dramas with the deliverey, but the paper itself was not up to the desired mark. To start with, it was to large to be used in my photo printer (though all other brands work) and if I tried to use it on high quality settings, it did not accept the ink.
Cheap, but absolutley bleeding awful.

Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid like the (constant) plague., 2 Oct. 2013
If you read some of the reviews of this game, it appears some masochists actually enjoy it. Some say it has things like good graphics and maps etc., maybe so but you can't polish a turd so you roll it in glitter.
One of the few problems of the old Total war game was what I called the "crap slider". As you moved the difficulty level, your troops didn't face a more tactically astute enemy, they just became more crap at their core function. This I presume was the programmer's idea of "challenging" game play. Fair enough, however this time for Rome 2, in order to make the game more challenging they made the whole game total crap.
At no time did I feel that bad choices were a cause for things going wrong, or that setbacks were there to test me. It simply shafted me at every turn by, in effect, cheating. I understand the concept of having to trade off building military power with agriculture and civil advances, but the game has turned this idea in to a joke. Every year for a century, the consistent rebellions produced better men then I could from most of my towns. Which is not surprising as their forest training grounds could churn out silver level men en mass every year. I so wished I could move my armies in to a field and watch them gain great experience from sitting in the trees. It's far better then building training grounds. For example rebels could breed and train battle-savvy war elephants in a wood in one year, every year, for decades. Funny old thing, I couldn't.
But not to worry, despite the poor battle dynamics which lead to all conflicts ending in less than ten minutes, I built up my men in to gold standard troops. I began to take the fight to the enemy (difficult when the same rebels form up every year in the same spot). The men fought and captured towns. Don't worry about the generals, they die every few turns and are replace by more non-descript clone generals in true C&C style, but the men gain experience.
Then it happens. The game is programmed to notice if you're not constantly losing and starting to enjoy playing. So to make it "challenging" it adds disease. Not just laying some of your men low or even half the army. It kills everything. Completely. So desperately, you hire mercenaries and train more men, but they are gone in 3-4 turns. The disease strikes for (on average) thirty years. Thirty years of watching everyone die. All the troops you built up - gone. Then your yearly, disease free rebels walk in to Rome and everywhere else with four units and take the lot. (and yes, I had put in hygiene buildings).
I think the game designers at this point thought we would be rubbing our hands at all the fun, mouthing how we will have our revenge and relishing the thought of effectively starting all over again. Well, cheers for that but I'm really not interested. I'm on my third thirty year disease spell at the moment and I'm thinking that the only virus like thing on my computer is the game itself.
I really do enjoy being beaten by a game if it's clever or I made a mistake, this is nothing of the sort and it just winds me up. To quote the film Gladiator "There was once a dream that was Rome, this is NOT it".

H2O Audio Surge Waterproof Sport Headphones, Blue
H2O Audio Surge Waterproof Sport Headphones, Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, 5 May 2011
One word, like the one star I gave them. Rubbish. When they arrive, you then find that there is a warning on them to ensure you try to break them in before use. This is because they are supplied with a built in fault. Simply put, they are selling an item that has a 50/50 chance of working.
I tried everything it says on the instructions and im afraid I was not lucky enough to get a working pair. They have vacuum that is sealed inside in order to keep the water out, fair enough. However, as warned after you have bought them, this maybe screwed up by all sorts of things, leading to the wrong pressure inside. Nothing you can do about that it's sealed in. Great.
Even better, to ensure you cant just return them to the seller, they are sold in a sealed plastic box that you have to cut open. Winner all round.
If you have a pair that works, lucky you. If your thinking of buying a pair, dont. You may not be as lucky.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2011 6:36 PM BST

F.A.Q.: Frequently Asked Questions About Figure Painting Techniques
F.A.Q.: Frequently Asked Questions About Figure Painting Techniques
by Andrea Miniatures Team

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont get your hopes up, 8 Feb. 2007
I bought this book after having got the FAQ book by Mig. its on the same format by the same firm.
But...its not by him. The lessons from Mig were simple and easy to do. its not the same with this book. There are much better books about such as "realistic military figures" which go into alot more detail.
The section about painting cam is weak to say the least. There is to much importance on little simbles, like you should know already. Its nicely laid out, but not that much use in my eyes.
you never know, you may see it better.

Through Hell for Hitler: A Dramatic First-hand Account of Fighting on the Eastern Front with the Wehrmacht
by Henry Metelmann

2.0 out of 5 stars weak reading, 13 April 2006
I found this book awful, after reading other soldiers memoirs this was grim.

i doubt everything in the book was what he saw. its seems that everything he writes should come straight out of russain propaganda leaflets. Every german officer he met was cruel and coweredly, while every soviet was brave honest and true. The whole book is a soviet stereotype! his admiration for political officers says it all.

Anyway, how someone can run and leave injured mates when NOT even in the presence of the enemy shows the calibre of the writer if he is telling the truth.

There are books of telling accounts of war on the eastern front, this isnt one of them. The fact that out of all of those books only one has been made into a tv documentory i.e. this one, shows how anti-german it is. Not impartial and not a good read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2009 12:45 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2