Profile for Alex UK > Reviews

Content by Alex UK

Alex UK

Lenovo Thinkcentre EDGE 72 3493DEG Desktop Intel  3100 MHz 1000 GB H61 , HD Graphics 4000 9 in 1 Card Reader
Lenovo Thinkcentre EDGE 72 3493DEG Desktop Intel 3100 MHz 1000 GB H61 , HD Graphics 4000 9 in 1 Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-Techie Review, 19 Oct 2013
I've had this machine 3 weeks now and I've just upgraded to 8.1 Pro without any problems. The upgade took about ninety minutes to download, install and setup, but this was on day one of the OS launch. The Lenovo was bought as a replacement for a reliable old intel 4 PC I'd bought in 2006 so I had a lot of expectations from the new machine. My choice was strongly influenced by a review I had from a well informed techie friend who's a professional in the business and who also setup the machine for me. He said it was a bargain!
I'm well pleased with the performance and so are the rest of the family. We don't game. It sits at home simply as a tool for studying, skyping, emailing, browsing, purchasing, media and I-player. Obviously, I'm impressed by the speed of the machine and processing. I had Office 2013 installed and the cloud facility works well with the Lenovo. Just like the old PC the new Lenovo will be used as a workhorse.
Interestingly, at the back of the machine is a parallel port which I thought was strange, but this is billed as a machine for small businesses so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised to see it there. All in all, a very quiet bit of kit and, for a tower, it's quite attractive (if not retro these days!)
It has a total of 6USB sockets - 4 at the rear and 2 at the front. With all of my hardware I needed to buy a 4 port hub (15) I haven't had to use the Lenovo support centre monitor yet! So,......... so far so good, although it hasn't really been put though it's paces yet.
Hope this short review helps.

Le guide officiel camping caravaning
Le guide officiel camping caravaning
by Martine Duparc

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Bible, 19 Oct 2013
Be aware this is written in French.
It's well laid out with clear icons so don't worry if you can't understand all the text. Font is quite small, but to be expected - it's got so much in it. After the satnav this handbook is the explorer's must have for those of us wandering off piste in search of the real France. Really handy when you're caught out and need to find somewhere quick to drop anchor for the night.