Profile for Yummy Mummy > Reviews

HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer
Offered by Printerland

5.0 out of 5 stars saved my sanity, 23 May 2014
So for the last two years I have been living with an Epson. This printer has been pushing me to the limit since I got it and has now pushed me to the point of wanting to take it down the local clay pigeon shooting range and using it for target practice. So I've replaced it!

I'm a military wife with a part time job, running my own business, a house to keep and a toddler. I do not have time to faff about. I need things to be simple and efficient. I have found the HP printer to be both.

From opening the box to being able to print took me half an hour. This includes, getting it out the box, plugging in the power cable, setting up the printer itself AND installing the software and linking the printer to my laptop. I am not all that good with technology so for it to be this easy - a monkey could do it!

Next, this particular model has photocopy function, scan, print and fax. I haven't set up the fax myself as I will not currently need it.

I need this printer to print off price brochures. I am a beauty therapist working from home. I don't have the cash to pay professional printers to produce stationary for me. I do it all myself. This printer is fast at printing. Has duplex printing (automatic double sided printing) so I can print my brochures, leave and do other things and all I have to do when I come back is staple them together. Job done. The quality of the print is good enough that I feel the finished product looks professional. If the quality was lacking it would look unprofessional and reflect badly on myself.

Size wise it is bigger than my previous printer but for an easy life this is not a problem. The one thing I will say is the paper tray at the bottom does not fold in. The picture of the product is how the printer stays with the tray protruding.

I am not yet able to comment on ink consumption so will try and update once I have some feedback on that.

Otherwise this printer has saved my sanity. I can now get back to business without having to swear at the Epson. Easy to set up, wireless and fast and a four in one.

50 Online Marketing Ideas for Hair Stylists & Salons:  Actionable and Up-To-Date Ideas for Your Blog Topics, Cross-Promotions and Social Media Strategy.
50 Online Marketing Ideas for Hair Stylists & Salons: Actionable and Up-To-Date Ideas for Your Blog Topics, Cross-Promotions and Social Media Strategy.

1.0 out of 5 stars do t rate this book, 11 Jan 2014
This book is mostly about blogging. Using twitter and Facebook and blog sites to get people interacting with your salon. It did not have any ideas I haven't already managed to come up with myself. It is also not very long. Not worth the money.

Me To You Precious 4 in 1 Junior Panel Bed Set (Duvet + Pillow + Covers)
Me To You Precious 4 in 1 Junior Panel Bed Set (Duvet + Pillow + Covers)
Offered by Price-Right-Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Dec 2013
My daughter has been using this set for nearly a year now. In that time the covers have been washed many times and still look lovely. The duvet and pillow have also been washed after she was ill and was sick. They washed fine. I would advise not too hot a wash. A 40 will do the trick. A quick shake to redistribute the hollow fibre and alls good again! I have only dried them on the line in the garden and on the airer, not in the tumble drier yet. To be honest they don't take long to dry so unless it's urgent there's no need. I actually bought two sets so we have a spare pillow and duvet if she's ever ill-it was a good call! excellent value. Very pleased. And my daughter loves her bed!

Little Monster Wipe Clean Bib - One Size Velcro Fastening - Design May Vary
Little Monster Wipe Clean Bib - One Size Velcro Fastening - Design May Vary

1.0 out of 5 stars go to tesco instead, 12 July 2012
I bought this as my 6 month old daughter is weaning and up til now we have only had fabric bibs - every food we have given her has stained! So a wipe clean bib is essential. This arrived and it absolutely stank - the smell was like petrol. It was so strong. The label said machine washable on a 40 degree wash so i washed it. There was no way i was putting it any where near my little girl as it was. It came out the wash, ripeed seam down one side and looking like she had used it every day for the last 5 years. Its gone striaght in the bin. What a waste of money. My husband and i went to tesco and saw some wipe clean bibs similar to this one but with sleeves, looks like a hair dressers thingy that they make you wear, velcros up at the back of the neck and because it has sleeves stops her clothes getting messy. It was less than 3 quid and although not machine washable, is of course wipe clean. I didnt need to wash it as it didnt smell like a petrol station so this wasn't an issue. Just wipe after each use and its ready for the next meal. Wish i hadn;t bothred with this bib.

L'Oréal Paris Lumi Magique Foundation, Rose Pearl 30 ml Number K1
L'Oréal Paris Lumi Magique Foundation, Rose Pearl 30 ml Number K1
Offered by KrazyGirlCosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 16 Jun 2012
I have to say, i have never really raved about a foundation before. You put in on your face, it looks nice... its a foundation! But this foundation? I just love it. I own about 6 foundations, i've bought one, tried it, not liked it, kept it in my make up bag but not used it again. This one, is now the the only foundation i use. It really does illuminate your skin, you don't need a lot of it, i apply with a damp make-up sponge. It blends nicely and lasts all day. And when i say all day, i mean all day. I have always needed to take a powder foundation with me whenever i go anywhere to "top-up" throughout the day. Since using this foundation, i have never needed to do this. I have never bought the same foundation twice as i like to chop and change. I won't be changing this one though. Its a keeper. The only thing i will say is be wary with how much you use. Though i have had no problems with this one i have also used L'oreal infallible foundation too and at first i hated it, it was oily and gave my skin a shine. I discovered after trying it a few times (i always try them a few times before i give up on them), that you don't need alot of it. I haven't had this issue with the lumi magique. Maybe due to being a different foundation, maybe due to learning from my mistakes! So be aware!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than bumbo, 20 May 2012
My husband and i bought this for our daughter who is 4 months old. We wanted her to spend less time lying down (and therefore on her head), and she hates being held like a baby now as she wants to be sitting up seeing everything! She cannot sit up unaided yet so this seat is perfect. It is suitable from 3 months old. We looked at the Bumbo seat originally but went with this one. The bumbo was cheaper but doesn't come with the tray whereas this one does so this actually cost less. The bumbo doesn't adjust whereas this one does. The green rubber insert comes out to form a larger seat as your child grows - it reccommends around 12 months of age for the insert to be taken out so you have a seat for your child for a lot longer than the bumbo would last for. Our daughter is also teething as has teething toys she likes to chew on but her dexterity isnt brilliant. I was having to hold her toys whilst she gnawed! In this seat she is able to hold her handheld toys herself much better as she doesn't have to also worry about her balance. We will also be taking this away with us when we visit family to feed her in as her highchair would be too chunky. This seat is fab. I must admit i humoured my hubby when we bought it as i wasn't convinced she needed it. Now? I'm sold!One of the best things we have bought her!

Kit for Kids Kidtex Foam Moses Basket Mattress
Kit for Kids Kidtex Foam Moses Basket Mattress

5.0 out of 5 stars a happy baby girl and a happy mummy!, 25 April 2012
I bought this for my daughter when she was 2 months old. The mattress that came with her moses basket has a plastic cover front and back. It is not removable. When i picked my daughter up in the morning her back was wet where she had been sweating as her skin couldn't breathe. I bought this mattress in the hope that it would let her skin breathe so she would be more comfortable. It did not dissappoint. Now when i pick her up in the mornings she is bone dry. Not an ounce of sweat so it is clearly doing the job.

Although the cover is not removable it is water reppellant. Day two of having it my daughter threw up an entire bottles worth of milk (7oz) in her moses basket. Though she had been thouroughly burped, there was obviously some she wasnt parting with until the most awkward opportunity! It went on her blanket, sheet, fitted sheets, moses basket liner - both of them! And of course on the mattress. Water repellant it is, it did not soak through to my relief! I sprayed a cloth (rather than the mattress) with a disinfectant spray and wiped over the mattress. I then left it to air for the day in a room with the window ajar just to let it breath. Later that afternoon i went back, it was dry, didnt smell and was ready to be made up again for that night. I was originally disappointed that the cover didn't come off but when challenged by a real baby disaster it did not let me down! Money well spent and peace of mind that my little girl is more comfortable at night.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 April 2012
I had my daughter 2 1/2 months ago and really want to take her swimming. Unfortunately i have been left with some stretch marks that i would rather be kept out of sight and normal swimsuits dont allow this! This is perfect, keeps everything covered but is comfy and a nice fit too. I don't actually like wearing swimsuits as i always feel a bit "smotherd" by them so have always gone for 2 pieces in the past. Ths is actually very comfortable to wear. Though one day i will be back in a bikini!!

PILLOW PLEASURE (TM) BIG C U MATERNITY SUPPORT PILLOW WITH COTTON CASE
PILLOW PLEASURE (TM) BIG C U MATERNITY SUPPORT PILLOW WITH COTTON CASE
Offered by Pillow Pleasure

5.0 out of 5 stars I am never getting out of bed again!, 20 Nov 2011
I am 30 weeks pregnant and a few weeks ago my sleeping got worse than normal, ( i didnt sleep very well before i got pregnant anyway). I decided to give in and just buy a maternity pillow. I looked around at a few but when i saw this one that was it! I did wonder if it would give me much support as it is hollow spiral fibre - i know with hollow fibre pillows you have them for a weeks and they go as flat as a pancake like you've had them years. This pillow though, did not disappoint. The first couple of nights hurt my neck a little but the third night, when i had found the right place to have it around my shoulders i slept so well. It is huge so my husband has had to move into the spare room but that was going to be the plan anyway as i got bigger. I have also been suffering with pelvic dysfunction - the ligaments in my lower back and the muscles down my front by my pubic bone have been killing me especially. My mobility has been affected and movement hurts. Although when i turn over in bed it still hurts, i have found since using this pillow that discomfort has actually eased during the day when walking, working etc. I guess as my pelvis is alligned better during the night it gives the muscles a break and some support. I think it is excellent value and i will be using it as a nursing pillow after our daughter is born too. THis pillow is also brilliant as it means because it runs down both sides of your body when you turn over you dont have to move the pillow with you and adjust it, you just turn over and the pillow is already on the other side! This makes it easier to get back to sleep. I love this pillow, i love the support it gives. I am not looking forward to when i have to give up sleeping with it!

SkipDr Disc Repair and Cleaning System (Xbox 360)
SkipDr Disc Repair and Cleaning System (Xbox 360)
Offered by AVIDES

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 15 Nov 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my husband as he got laser burn on CoD MW3 the day of buying it. As you can imagine after spending 45 quid on a new game and it being "unreadable" on the xbox the air went a little blue! SkipDr was used and though it took a few attempts it did load up on the xbox - this had to be done though by getting another copy of the game, installing it on the xbox hard drive. THis meant that a pristine copy of the game was on the hard drive and so when the damaged disc was then put in, it read the disc but loaded the game from the hard drive so there was no problems in play. Would save you another 45 quid on another disc as long as you can borrow a mates copy to install. Installation took about half hour.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2011 6:20 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2