Profile for Charlotte > Reviews

Offered by Claris
Price: 29.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Jakar Electrical Pencil Sharpener, 21 Aug 2012
This review is from: Jakar Electric Pencil Sharpener
As a teacher, I thought that I should invest in an electrical pencil sharpener to make life easier. On the whole, I am pleased with the Jakar pencil sharpener as it has equipped my classroom with pots of perfectly sharpened pencils although there are things which could be improved on:

-if you let the machine guide you, it sharpens pencils to a point which is too sharp for my liking. You can, of course, pull out the pencil of your own accord to achieve a less sharp point;
-it is difficult and dangerous for your fingers to recover a lost pencil lead in the motor (on several occasions, I thought that the working life of the sharpener was over as I just could not sort out the jam despite all manner of pokings and shakings);
-it weighs quite a bit which means careful handling is required when cleaning it/trying to recover a jammed pencil lead;
-the shavings receptacle could do with being bigger.

I hoped to allow my pupils to use the sharpener but my worry that they will jam a lead in it and render the machine unusable has meant that I only allow myself to use it. Even when I use it, I dread the next lead jam!

Collins Children's World Map (Collins Primary Atlases)
Collins Children's World Map (Collins Primary Atlases)
by Collins Maps
Edition: Map
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Collins Children's World Map Review, 21 Aug 2012
A good quality, large map, ideal for display in a classroom. I like how each continent is a different colour and that interesting key facts are given about each continent. Captial cities and oceans are well labelled. The stickers are an interesting addition although I personally will not be adding them to the map as they would obscure certain countries and labels.

Smile Faces Mix-Coloured Stickers
Smile Faces Mix-Coloured Stickers
Offered by School Stickers
Price: 2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiley Face Stickers Review, 21 Aug 2012
234 good quality stickers in a cute design and a range of colours which my pupils will no doubt appreciate. They are the size of a one penny piece which makes them more suited for use in pupils' books to acknowledge good work rather than to be worn as sticker badges.