Profile for Mr. Alaa Owaineh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MaxiNutrition Promax Bars - Chocolate, Box of 12
MaxiNutrition Promax Bars - Chocolate, Box of 12

2.0 out of 5 stars but not the best out there, 3 Dec. 2015
Cheap, but not the best out there. I think in the future I'd invest more and get a better tasting bar.

Chrome Muslim Shataff Bidet Douche Shower Toilet Spray Chromed Brass Kit Head
Chrome Muslim Shataff Bidet Douche Shower Toilet Spray Chromed Brass Kit Head
Offered by e-plumbshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Dec. 2015
Very good quality, and very easy to install.

Multipower Sportsfood 50g 50 Percent Protein Bar Chocolate Cream - Box of 24
Multipower Sportsfood 50g 50 Percent Protein Bar Chocolate Cream - Box of 24
Offered by Blue Herbs

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, and not as good value as they seem, 3 Dec. 2015
These are OK, and at least they don't have the chewy texture that a lot of protein bars have. But they don't hold their own if compared to the best protein bars that I've tried. And believe me, I have tried many, including my own home-made ones (it's a bit of an obsession).

You see, I love snickers bars and the like, but I want to eat healthy, so that's why I invested in protein bars as an alternative.

Anyway, back to reviewing the product. First of all, they smell bad. I don't know if this is just the batch I have - but these really smell sort of musty and there is a somewhat faint, but definitely noticeable stink that comes out of the packet when you open them. They are have not gone bad, and the smell is not that strong when you eat them, but it is not very appealing.

Taste wise, I would say they are maybe 2.5 stars out of five. They taste OK, and they texture is good. They are not too sweet. But they really don't taste of anything and they don't feel like much of a treat.

The packaging (again, this could just be the one I got) only had Spanish and German ingredients, and not English.

They are also not great value, when you really examine them, as the bars weight 50 gr, so if you account for that, they are the same price range as they vastly superior Grenade Carb Killa, Supreme, and Myprotein own brand chocs when on offer. Maybe only slightly cheaper. I think next time I'll pay a little more and get one of these (I recently discovered Carb Killa Caramel Chaos, and, ridiculous macho branding notwithstanding, it is the best candy bar I have ever tasted - not just protein bar - any chocolate bar!, but Supreme's Rocky Road Brownie is not too shabby either).

AeroBed Sleepsound Double Airbed
AeroBed Sleepsound Double Airbed

2.0 out of 5 stars They are very comfortable when they do work, 16 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Aerobed Sleepeasy Airbed (Sports)
We are on our third Aerobed and have basically given up on them. They are very comfortable when they do work, but they all had developed tears or punctures within a few months. We make sure to clean the floor underneath and have experimented with putting a fleece blanket on the floor under the airbed, but the punctures develop really quickly. Patching the wholes up with the repair kit just does not work, since the air continues to leak out slowly and the bed gets flat by the morning unless you top it up in the middle of the night.

On-Guard Mastiff Combo-8022 Combo Chain Lock - Black, 8.0 x 0.8 cm
On-Guard Mastiff Combo-8022 Combo Chain Lock - Black, 8.0 x 0.8 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, if only it were a tiny bit longer, 16 Oct. 2015
Nearly perfect, if only it were a tiny bit longer!
I use it as a secondary lock (small D-lock on the back wheel and frame) and also as the main lock if I am just nipping off to the shops. It's a bit heavy, but solid-looking and the locking mechanism works very well, so far (had it for about 18 months, or more even).

The Golem and the Djinni
The Golem and the Djinni

3.0 out of 5 stars and the trans-temporal thriller aspect is not bad. but then deteriorates into your standard star-crossed lovers ..., 16 Oct. 2015
Starts off well, and the trans-temporal thriller aspect is not bad. but then deteriorates into your standard star-crossed lovers sentimental clap-trap. Lots of good ideas, and kudos for the way it talks about the Arab community in New York's little Syria, but shame that it does not do enough with it.

Braun Ladies Quartz 3 Hand Movement Stainless Steel Watch with Mesh Bracelet
Braun Ladies Quartz 3 Hand Movement Stainless Steel Watch with Mesh Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and comfortable, 16 Oct. 2015
Beautiful and comfortable watch, and looks as new even though my wife has been wearing it for over a year.

HWJN (Arabic 2nd Edition)
HWJN (Arabic 2nd Edition)
by Ibraheem Abbas

1.0 out of 5 stars ... it was the first novel to be a massive best seller in Saudi Arabia, 16 Oct. 2015
I bought this because it was the first novel to be a massive best seller in Saudi Arabia, and because the author has a really cool sci-fi themed website. Sadly the novel is childish, obvious and full of moralising. It is also boring and completely devoid of humour.

Hario 500 ml V60 Drip Decanter Pourover Coffee Brewer Server for 2 - 3 Cups, Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, and great value, 16 Oct. 2015
Great, and great value. I had a beloved Chemex before this, but when it got cracked (as it inevitably will if you live with other people), I couldn't get myself to spend 40 odd pounds for another Chemex and got this instead. My only complaint is that it allows the coffee to drain slightly too quickly for my taste, but otherwise a really great way to make coffee.

Swiss ILAG Ultimate Non-Stick Ceramic Coating Hard Enamel Aluminium Frying Pans(24cm & 28cm)
Offered by cavendish trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value. Amazing non-stick surface., 16 Oct. 2015
These pans are amazingly non-stick. I've tested them to the limit, and not even burnt caramel sticks to them. They are much better than well-known brands that I have used in the past. Also, they thick aluminium is really good at evenly distributing heat.

There are also pretty good value for money.

The ones I got were not packaged that well, and had some external scratches, and the handles are a bit wobbly. But the seller offered me a partial refund for those issues, which was great of them. No complaints there. They still look good and the non-stick surface still works incredibly well after months of use, even though I lazily stick them in the dishwasher.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3