Profile for Nikki Cook > Reviews

Content by Nikki Cook

Nikki Cook

Page: 1 | 2
The Wedding Day (A Contemporary Romance)
The Wedding Day (A Contemporary Romance)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 27 Jun 2012
Downloaded it free, glad I didn't have to pay! Boring. Jilted at the altar by a man who has been unfaithful. Decides to 'find' herself, opens a wedding planning business with her sister, proceeds to question every male relationship she has ever had/is having. By the end of it, I just wanted to give her a good shake and tell her to snap out of it. Very predictable ending, and very disappointing.

Kane and Abel 30th Anniversary Edition
Kane and Abel 30th Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars In My Top 10 Of All Time, 26 Jun 2012
Have read this three times now, once when I was a teenager, once in my mid twenties, and last week in my 40's. It is a beautifully crafted story about two very different families who cross paths. It has action, adventure, romance - all wrapped up in a hefty fable. Perfect holiday reading.

The Walk
The Walk

4.0 out of 5 stars Right Up My Street, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Walk (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this one - one of my favourite genres. It raced along, and I read it in one sitting.

Camberwell Beauty
Camberwell Beauty
by Jenny Eclair

2.0 out of 5 stars Shocking Ending To A Sad Tale, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Camberwell Beauty (Paperback)
Picked this up as I like Jenny. Started off well and there were a few snort out loud moments at the language and situations. Overall though, I found it quite grim reading and although unexpected, the ending really upset me (but I am a sensitive sort).

Here Come the Girls
Here Come the Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Think About It, BUY IT!, 26 Jun 2012
One of the best books I have read in a LONG time, and I read lots. Picked this up in a charity shop, but on the back of this and An Autumn Crush, I have purchased the rest from Amazon. It is very refreshing to read a book about girls and relationships and for it not to revolve around very graphic sexual descriptions all the time. Give me more please Milly Johnson - I will buy everything you publish! Keep up the good work, you are now on my 'Must buy everything this author publishes' list.

An Autumn Crush
An Autumn Crush
by Milly Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: An Autumn Crush (Paperback)
Recently discovered Milly Johnson, and am very impressed. Great characters and situations, good humour and very well written. On the back of this and Here Come the Girls, I have purchased all the books she has written and am very much looking forward to reading them on holiday this year. Looking forward to all you publish, Milly Johnson!

Chelsea Wives
Chelsea Wives

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad I Didn't Pay More!, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Chelsea Wives (Kindle Edition)
Paid 99p for this, and is reasonably priced for an uninspiring read. Characters are very two dimensional, not particularly likeable and am glad it only took me a day to read it.

Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (Toad Witch Series Book 1)
Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (Toad Witch Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 26 Jun 2012
Not normally my cup of tea but took a punt as it was free for Kindle. Very glad I did as very likeable characters (particularly enjoyed Gus). Raced along and read it in one sitting. Did feel sorry for the toad at the end though, as even his character grew on me! Would like to see the sequel available in UK - as far as I can see, it is only available on amazon.com.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2012 11:09 AM BST

Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Series Book 1)
Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Look, 2 Jun 2012
A great find - lots of different things going on that hold the attention, good start to the series and does lend itself to buying a few more to see how it all pans out. Very good book for a holiday read. Give it a go!

The Lighter Side of Large
The Lighter Side of Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly Entertaining, 2 Jun 2012
Enjoyed it, easy to read and quite funny. Not too serious and would be good for a quick holiday read.

Page: 1 | 2