Profile for S Taylor > Reviews

S Taylor

Gravity [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ George Clooney

5.0 out of 5 stars How to hold your breath for 90 minutes...... watch Gravity, 8 Mar. 2014
Just watched this on my projector and 7ft screen. Obviously this film has split opinion but personally my wife and I loved it. Agreed the story was simple but then for me it was more about the human spirit. Stunning visuals and soundtrack. George always puts in a good performance and Sandra Bullock holds up the film well. I know diddly squat about physics so have no idea how accurate it was but don't really care, it was 90 minutes of solid entertainment. Recommended, by my wife and I......

TechSol 4 Pack of Black Universal Speaker Wall Mount brackets
TechSol 4 Pack of Black Universal Speaker Wall Mount brackets
Offered by SJS Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job!, 20 Sept. 2012
I looked at the B&Q/Homebase versions of these and they wanted £15 for only 2 brackets. So these looked to be a bargain.

Turns out they were, all the screws are supplied, the only thing I had to do was get some nut/bolt set up going to actually attach my plastic cased speakers as I could not use the supplied screws.

I only have light speakers on my set up, however if yours are quite heavy then you may need something else.

Had them up in no time so now I can enjoy proper surround sound instead of putting the speakers on 2 bookcases, a radiator and a Mexican piñata (don't ask), the neighbours love them. Well, probably not......

Sounds of Star Wars
Sounds of Star Wars
by J. W. Rinzler

5.0 out of 5 stars Utini!, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Sounds of Star Wars (Hardcover)
Great fun, got mine for a little over 10 quid but even if you have to pay slightly higher it's still worth the purchase.

As another reviewer said they were a bit concerned about the big plastic thing on the side and so was I initially but to be honest that's the best bit!

On top of that it is nicely printed and is quite a large and heavy book so has a quality feel to it.

Recommended for all those of you that just love those famous Star Wars sounds and lines of dialogue.

Star Wars Year by Year a Visual Chronicle
Star Wars Year by Year a Visual Chronicle
by Ryder Windham

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive. Most impressive., 24 Aug. 2010
Only got this last night so have only had a flick through it but can honestly say it is a fantastic book. Very large, comes in a rigid slipcase along with 2 prints.

Basically follows the creation of the entire Star Wars universe over a 30 plus year time line from before the first film came out right up to and past the more recent Clone Wars releases. Jam packed with loads of images interspersed with details of world events that were taking place during the same period of time.

Recommend for all Star Wars fans without a doubt.

Superb.

Who Goes There?: The Novella That Formed the Basis of the Thing
Who Goes There?: The Novella That Formed the Basis of the Thing
by John W. Jr. Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks a lot!, 3 July 2010
Having been a fan of Carpenter's film I was pleased to see that the original source novel was avaliable to buy.

However, after reading some of the reviews, I was more than a little disappointed to read the review left by D. R. Cantrell. How selfish to actually give away the ending of the book? Thanks, thanks a lot.