Profile for Book Bunny > Reviews

Content by Book Bunny

Book Bunny (Eastleigh, Hampshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Small sizing, 22 Sept. 2013
Tiny size. Didn't fit my 8 year old, although I bought the 9-10 size. She fits clothes in 8-9 size normally.

Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ John Thaw
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Be very careful of showing this to children, 22 Sept. 2013
Thought this would give my 8 year old a feel for the period of WW2, as she has been very absorbed by this topic at school (focusing on the home front, evacuation etc). Thought it would be ok based on a quick perusal of other reviews, and the "universal" rating. However, the storyline includes the physical abuse of the little boy in the film, by his mother, which my children found very upsetting. In particular, there is a scene where the little boy is discovered locked in a cupboard, apparently injured, very poorly, and holding the body of his dead baby sister. If I had known this I would never have let them see it, so I wanted to let other parents know to be careful.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 2:53 PM GMT

Girls Fancy Dress Costume Juliet Medium Red Medieval Middle Ages
Girls Fancy Dress Costume Juliet Medium Red Medieval Middle Ages
Offered by Mega Fancy Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dressing up outfit, 25 April 2013
My 8 year old loved this. Used it to dress up for book day. Looked great. I can see it is not going to last forever, but then she's worn it quite a bit since we got it!

Collins Mental Maths: Ages 7-8 (Collins Practice)
Collins Mental Maths: Ages 7-8 (Collins Practice)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good practice, 13 Dec. 2012
My year 3 daughter does this book quite happily. It is a series of little "test papers" that allow the child to practise a range of questions. The questions are fairly easy really, but this gives her confidence, and I think that it will help her develop over the year.

Lorus Girl's Watch R2323EX9
Lorus Girl's Watch R2323EX9

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my purpose, but I couldn't follow the instructions!, 13 Dec. 2012
Got this watch because my daughter's school refused to help her out, by letting her know when it was time for her flute lesson. At age 7 she wasn't able to watch the clock precisely, and kept missing the first 10 minutes of a 30 min lesson. I bought this watch because it was the cheapest kids watch with an alarm. It works well, and has quite a subtle alarm that doesn't disturb the class too much. I haven't given 5 stars because I had to get my husband to set it (the instructions were a bit obscure, but he was able to work it out whereas I couldn't!) also whenever my 4 year old grabs it she changes the settings, so now I keep it out of her reach.

The Olivia Collection Backlight White Dial Purple Nurses Fob Watch TOC51
The Olivia Collection Backlight White Dial Purple Nurses Fob Watch TOC51

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good so far!, 13 Dec. 2012
This watch looks nice and seems to work well so far (only had it a few weeks, so can't comment on its durability). Clasp seems strong so far. Happy with this.

Sound Phonics Phase Two (Book 2 of 10): Early Years/Key Stage 1
Sound Phonics Phase Two (Book 2 of 10): Early Years/Key Stage 1
by Carol Matchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Reception Year, 13 Dec. 2012
I found this book great for supporting my child's learning of phonics in Year R. It covers the beginning of the Letters and Sounds programme that they do. The unique value of this series is the way it helps children to start blending the sounds, to sound out and read words. It also does the reverse process of segmenting for spelling. I bought a couple of different books to support her phonics, but this series is the only one that I am going to continue with. Highly recommended.

Philip Mercier Silver Tone Nurses Watch With White dial
Philip Mercier Silver Tone Nurses Watch With White dial

1.0 out of 5 stars CLASP BROKE WITHIN TWO WEEKS, 11 April 2010
Like the previous reviewer, I found that the clasp was extremely poor quality. I had thought that it wouldn't matter, as I was planning to leave it permanently pinned to my id badge, but even though I never used the clasp, it still broke less than two weeks after I had received it and I lost the watch. The watch looks great - quite modern in comparison to many others, but what's the point if you can't use it!

Alex Toys Rub A Dub Laundry Day (2 Years And Above)
Alex Toys Rub A Dub Laundry Day (2 Years And Above)

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs very hot water to work!, 31 Jan. 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this for my little ones (2 and 5). They were excited at first, but the spots on the clothes didn't seem to wash off as promised. I found out while washing the clothing bits that they need very hot water to work properly - much hotter than you could safely have around a young child. This product therefore does not work for the target users - it is essentially useless.

Happy Birthday, Maisy
Happy Birthday, Maisy
by Lucy Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth buying, 4 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Happy Birthday, Maisy (Hardcover)
I originally bought this book for my oldest when she was 3 as she loved anything to do with birthdays. She absolutely adored the book, and still looks at it occasionally today (aged 5). My 20 month old youngest is obsessed with it and will sit for ages pulling the tabs, lifting the flaps, opening the birthday cards and blowing out the candles. There is quite a bit of variety in the activities, which may explain it's popularity. The pull tabs are a bit trashed now, but the girls don't seem to mind. One of the most successful books I've bought!

Page: 1 | 2