Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really good looking product which comes with a micro-usb cable and ..., 30 July 2014
This is a really good looking product which comes with a micro-usb cable and a carry case.

I bought this on offer at £10.00. With hindsight, the 3000mAh battery is a little small for my needs, but I'm sure it will come in useful for charging on the go.

For their part, Anker customer service couldn't have been more helpful, sending me a mail after I received my order and when I brought up the capacity issues, offering me a refund/exchange to a larger item.

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down..., 30 July 2014
Looking at other reviews, feedback was very mixed. For my part, I loved this book. I could not put it down, reading great chunks of it at a time.

It’s a whodunit, mixed with a love story with some laugh out loud moments thrown in (think Writer’s Mom conversations and “poor Bobbie”).

If I compare it to some of the other recent “overhyped” books that I’ve read – The Luminaries / The Goldfinch - this was my favourite of the three. My feeling was that they flagged in the final 10-20%, whereas this still felt fresh, although perhaps, ended with one or two plot twists too many.

Overall though, it was a brilliant read.

The Luminaries
The Luminaries

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of 3 halves..., 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Luminaries (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the first 40% or so of the book although I did find it difficult to follow the narrative and chain of events at times. More than once a point seemed to have been made that I had obviously missed and had to go back to double-check.

The second part of the book reverted to a more conventional narrative and I have to admit I enjoyed that part even more.

The final 20% of the book was a little too much for me and I would have preferred a slightly quicker, neater ending.

All in all though, I loved this book and at it's root it's a classic "murder mystery" (albeit it's more a dead man who may or may not have been murdered, a missing man who may or may not have been murdered and an accident involving a 'lady of the night' who may or may not have been involved in either murder).

Guernica
Guernica

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Guernica (Kindle Edition)
If you love Captain Corelli's Mandolin, you'll love this. Maybe not quite on the same epic scale, but it's a very, very good book.

I can't wait for more from Dave Boling.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 2:35 AM GMT

Flesh Worn Stone (The Game - Book One)
Flesh Worn Stone (The Game - Book One)

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting story, 20 Feb 2014
I got this as a free Kindle story.

Think Hunger Games for adults. I've added the sequel to my wishlist which is a good recommendation.

We Need To Talk About Kevin
We Need To Talk About Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbingly, a new favourite, 20 Feb 2014
Very dark, very disturbing I know this isn’t a book I’ll forget about in a few weeks.

Long ‘chapters’, each one ending in a new revelation.

This is instantly on my list of favourites – it’s not something I could ever admit to “enjoying”, but it was something I couldn’t put down.

You should read this book.