Profile for James > Reviews

Stem iZON Remote Room Monitor for iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad
Stem iZON Remote Room Monitor for iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad
Offered by ThingyClub

2.0 out of 5 stars Great device but key functionality missing, 6 Nov. 2012
I have been following this item since it was first reported on a tech blog a couple of years ago. The end product looks better than I expected and setup was extremely easy.

The camera stutters a bit on fast movement (eg my wife walking into the room whilst I was configuring was quite blocky) but the motion and sound alerts were spot on. The ability to view video of the time period during which the alert was generated was brilliant.

All the above is great, but....... the biggest problem for me, and the reason I returned the device......it has no night vision capabilities. For a device sold on the basis of monitoring a baby remotely (along with other uses) being unable to see in the dark (my son sleeps without the light on like most babies) is a deal breaker unfortunately.

From email conversations with the friendly folks at iZon it sounds as though I am not the only person to mention this missing function so hopefully the next version will include this capability. If/when this improved version is released I will be first in the queue....