Profile for Dr. M. S. Jones > Reviews

Dr. M. S. Jones

Amco Swing-A-Way Easy Release Grease Separator
Amco Swing-A-Way Easy Release Grease Separator

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best, 23 Dec. 2012
I tried a few of the other separators but pouring off the fat was not great. Kept mixing with the juices. This is easily the best design and cant recommend it more highly.

The Reformation: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
The Reformation: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Peter Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, 4 Oct. 2010
I have read a few of this series and this is the one I have enjoyed most so far. An easy, entertaining and informative read. Excellent.

A New History of Early Christianity
A New History of Early Christianity
by Charles Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thorough readable account, 1 Nov. 2009
I had tried to read the Penguin version with a similar title by Chadwick but it was written in 1966 by an academic whose style I found inaccessible. So I tried this. It is so much easier to read.

What I wanted was a historians treatment of the subject. One that was logical and thorough that could lead me to further study if I chose. Charles Freeman writes well and it ticked all the boxes for me. Very enlightening and engaging. There are good diagrams, a glossary and guide to further reading. It may not be to the liking of Christians (perhaps hence the previous review) but it seemed measured and rational to this ex Christian.

Highly recommended.