Profile for M. Blackburne > Reviews

Content by M. Blackburne

M. Blackburne "Mattty" (Liverpool, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 13 April 2015
Great value for the money and my 6 year old daughter loves it. Lost a point as the brake is useless. I took it to the local bike shop who tried a better cable however it just doesn't grip on the plastic wheel. Not a real problem as the child can just hop off. The tyres are quite hard to inflate also unless you have a flex hose on your pump. Still glad I bought it.

The Dispatcher
The Dispatcher

5.0 out of 5 stars fast paced with an emotional punch, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Dispatcher (Kindle Edition)
I bought this on the daily deal but would recommend anyone to pay the full price.
It's a real page turner and anyone with a daughter reading it will join the protagonist on his journey.

Lsxx
Lsxx

5.0 out of 5 stars About time!, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lsxx (Audio CD)
I think the one advantage of turning 40 this year has been all the re-issues and anniversary tours. Last Splash is a great album. Two cd's off alt and new tracks plus the actual album for £12!! Bargain.

Diary of an On-call Girl: True Stories from the Front Line
Diary of an On-call Girl: True Stories from the Front Line
by E.E. Bloggs

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 13 Mar. 2010
Just finished this book. It totally rings true. no idea if anyone not "in the job" would enjoy it as much. I'll see when I pass it on. Buy it!

A Larum
A Larum

5.0 out of 5 stars Folk without the cringe factor, 17 Nov. 2009
This review is from: A Larum (Audio CD)
I'm not into Folk. There, I said it. I find it irritating and twee and it makes me violent. I do however enjoy roots style music and music with heart and soul.
This album by Mr Flynn is truly exceptional. Each song is well constructed and played with gusto and feeling. You can tell they enjoyed making it.
The lyrics are not about a lost albion or other twaddle and are amazingly well written. It still makes me chuckle thinking about what happens to the voices in your head after death...indeed.
Anyway, who am I to say what's worth listening to. Buy it and listen to it yourself. You will not be disapointed.

Disastro
Disastro
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Why reinvent the wheel?, 30 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Disastro (Audio CD)
I listened to this gem of a CD after reading the review in Q magazine. They were right in the fact that it's nothing very new. Think Fatboy Slim DJing at Groove Armada and The Go Team's wedding.
It is however extremely good at what it is. It is the feel good party CD of 2008 and I can't recommend it enough. Enjoy...

We Care
We Care
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

5.0 out of 5 stars We miss WHALE, 8 May 2008
This review is from: We Care (Audio CD)
This CD is now 13 years old. Very scary thought! After all that time it's still my favourite CD (and I have A LOT of CD'S!)
Buy it. You will not be disapointed.