Profile for Mr. Warwick Taylor > Reviews

Content by Mr. Warwick Taylor

Mr. Warwick Taylor "Wazzer" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Antiference Sky Magic Eye for LCD and Flat Screen TV - Black
Antiference Sky Magic Eye for LCD and Flat Screen TV - Black
Offered by NowView

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 8 Oct. 2014
Does the job and the picture quality is better than my old magic eye. The fact it dangles away from the TV means the connection does not take the pressure which was the problem with our older cheaper version of the same thing. Comes with a sticky peel-back pad for the IR receiver.

NETGEAR XAVB5401-100UKS Powerline 500 Nano PassThru 1 Port Adapter Kit
NETGEAR XAVB5401-100UKS Powerline 500 Nano PassThru 1 Port Adapter Kit
Offered by NETWORK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play but low speed, 18 Sept. 2014
Plugged these in and they worked out of the box. Simplicity itself. Pressed the security buttons to establish a secure connection and it continues to work reliably - great! However, I only managed about 4 Mbps speed, which is fine for a bit of web surfing but a couple of orders of magnitude away from the theoretical maximum of 500 Mbps. Tried it at a friends house, and achieved around 6 Mbps. Maybe this is just what you get with Powerline (this is my only experience), but I was expecting something close to what you might get on a WiFi network, so I am left disappointed with the performance.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2014 12:16 PM GMT

SD10 Universal Over-Ear NeckBand Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black - Ideal for iPhone, iPad, iPod and other Smartphones like HTC, Samsung, Nokia & Sony Ericsson
Offered by Modern-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and battery life, 18 Aug. 2013
I can't fault these headphones technically. The batteries last forever, the Bluetooth range is several rooms away and they sound great. I have had to mark them down a star for comfort as they start to hurt behind the ear after about an hour of use.

Hygrometer Humidity Thermometer Temp/Temperature Meter
Hygrometer Humidity Thermometer Temp/Temperature Meter
Offered by Trend Mall

4.0 out of 5 stars Look! No Batteries., 18 Aug. 2013
Arguably this is an old fashioned style product, after all, nearly all thermometers these days are digital. I purchased three of these and they all showed the same reading to within two degrees, and RH within 5%. So, not deadly accurate then. But they are very clear, were very cheap and don't take batteries. Overall, pretty happy.

BTW: The dial is about the size of the palm of your hand and it feels very light.

Gbos Nokia Lumia 520 Hot Pink Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus Pen - Hot Pink
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 18 Aug. 2013
This was one of the cheapest cases on Amazon at the time, but I would not be surprised if it was in the top half for quality. The clasp is magnetic and it provides excellent protection for the Lumia 520. The Pen and screen protector are average. One word of caution, the case tends to close, which is generally a good thing as it protects the screen, but it does mean you need to hold it out of the way, when using it. I suspect that cases that fold up from the bottom don't get in the way of the screen in the same way. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality and the product is better than I expected.

Deluxe DB ROTH Accessory STARTER KIT For The Samsung NX1000, NX210, NX20 Digital Camera
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 18 Aug. 2013
I wanted a small desktop tripod and a camera case, so I purchased this kit in stead of the two individual items for around the same price. I must confess, I have not used all the cleaning stuff the large tripod has been great for family photos, when we have get family get togethers. The Camera case is well padded with plenty of pockets, and the miniature tripod is as advertised, but a bit fiddly to use. Overall, a great amateur kit that I would recommend to friends.

TeckNet® USB 3.0 4 Ports PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Expansion Card With 5V 4-Pin Power Connector for Desktops, 24 Month UK Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 18 Aug. 2013
Arrived promptly and has added some more USB ports to my Windows 7 PC. What more is there to say?

H5072 Black Paialey Designer Luxury Gift Idea For Graduation Silk Tie Cufflinks Hanky Set 3PT By Y&G
Offered by Men's Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality tie, 15 Mar. 2012
Tie is as described, but the photo is slightly misleading in that the tie is brighter than you might expect due to the shiny silver diamonds. He hankie is more of a small rag, but it does the job in the top pocket. I purchased the tie for a funeral thinking I might further use out of it. I wore it for the funeral and it was fine, but had I known how bright it was I would have probably have chosen another tie. Cuff-links are fine.

Technoline WS 7018-IT Weather Station
Technoline WS 7018-IT Weather Station

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs to specifications, 15 Jun. 2011
It does everthing it claims to do including setting the time over the airwaves (I live in Sussex). It came with one remote unit, which works through two exteria walls at about 5-10m (it probably works at longer range but I have not tested it). My only gripe with it is that on the desktop stand it is facing forward and not pitched slightly upwards, so on my short table it can be difficult to read without picking it up. A very small gripe, otherwise it would be five stars.

Hooray for Fish! (Book & DVD)
Hooray for Fish! (Book & DVD)
by Lucy Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 3 to 13 months, 6 Mar. 2010
With colourful images and easy to recognise fish this has been our daughters favourite book during her first year. It is still her faverite book and if you have the version with the DVD, then it provides about 5 minutes of transfixed pleasure.

Page: 1 | 2