Profile for revren.d > Reviews

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, 21 Mar 2013
I so enjoyed this book. It was more than I dared to hope for from the reviews. Having pilgrimaged myself on three or four occasions I identified with every moment. If my friends enjoy it too, great - especially as it will help them to understand my own experiences - and might encourage them to make their own journeys. I suppose the biggest message from this is that no matter what our circumstances, we must grab life by the throat. We're a long time dead!

Holy Sweat!
Holy Sweat!
by Tim Hansel

4.0 out of 5 stars Holy Sweat, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Holy Sweat! (Paperback)
An interesting read. Amusing in parts and quite a few useful quotes. I'll be passing it on for others to enjoy.

Esprit WCAS K21520 Women's Jumper Seaport Large
Esprit WCAS K21520 Women's Jumper Seaport Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Esprit Seaport Jumper (Teal), 21 Mar 2013
I really do love it - the design, colour, fine knit and its soft feel. It ticks all the boxes for me!

Care Plus Pop Up Dome Mosquito Net - Single
Care Plus Pop Up Dome Mosquito Net - Single
Offered by MDC Direct
Price: 27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop up mosquito net, 17 Nov 2012
I didn't need to put the item to the test as I was supplied with a mosquito net while in India. This was really a "fall-back" provision. However,I was impressed by its light weight but haven't had it out of its bag, which will be the real test - ie whether it can be packed back into it easily!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2013 11:57 AM GMT

Cooking Weeds: Vegetarian Recipes (None)
Cooking Weeds: Vegetarian Recipes (None)
by Vivien Weise
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking Weeds, 5 May 2012
Handy size and nice clear print. I would have preferred it if the illustrations had been in colour, though, to make identification even easier. Now to use the recipes!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Poster - "I'm fine, really!", 29 Nov 2011
This is such a fun poster. I couldn't resist getting my own copy after having seen it on display in a Baptist Church. My copy is now gracing my hall so I walk past it several times a day - it never fails to cheer me up!

Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
by Rick Warren
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word, 3 Jun 2011
I really ordered this book on the back of Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Church" because I like his down to earth, easy to read style of writing. His work is accessible and easy to assimilate. I haven't had more than a cursory look at this book as yet, but I feel it will be immensely helpful when I plan a Bible study course later this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2012 6:18 PM BST

Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Price: 32.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards 48715 Slow Cooker 6.5L, 1 Mar 2010
I am really pleased with this product. It looks good but, because I hold regular "fork" lunches and suppers for church-related functions, it was for its large capacity that I chose this model. My only slight criticism is that, even on the lowest setting, the food seems to cook faster than is the case with another brand of slow cooker that I have - just a case of making allowances for that.