Profile for Mr. B. Mclaughlin > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. Mclaughlin

Mr. B. Mclaughlin "McLaughlin" (UK)

BenQ MS502 DLP Projector
BenQ MS502 DLP Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars Did a lot of research, 10 Dec 2013
For the price, this projector is incredible. I have used a lot of projectors, many far more expensive than this. And this thing is awesome. Takes a very short time to wake up and get going, super clear picture, bright, easy user interface. Doesn't have horizontal keystone but you don't often need that. Vertical keystone is enough in 90% of environments. It's soooo quiet. My xbox is far noisier. We mounted it in the living room and works in bright daylight. Very impressed. Glad we took the leap.

Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Food you have actually heard of!, 28 Sep 2012
This book gives brilliant basic rules for normal food. I confidently cook a roast dinner now all thanks to this book. And I am not at all a good cook. Its like if you had listened to your Mum and learned how to cook from her, this is all the essential stuff she would teach you to make. It also assumes you know nothing about cooking. Which I don't. I have found this book invaluable. It has filled in the gaps for me when it comes to cooking and given me real confidence. Worth every single penny. And I am not a big Jamie Oliver fan. I wish he would talk properly.

Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air
Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air
by David J.C. MacKay

5.0 out of 5 stars The most understandable book on the scale of our problem, 9 Dec 2008
This has to be one of the most well written books I have read in ages. Professor MacKay brings all forms of energy down to the rule of thumb, making the scale of the problem understandable.
I plan on buying this for everyone I know. The key message that I got from this book is that "every little helps, a little", which is to say that doing things like turning off a mobile phone charger will not fix global warming, we have to make big changes.
He also provides clearly detailed solutions.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2013 1:42 AM BST

Baby-led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
Baby-led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
by Gill Rapley

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, and a quick read for busy parents, 3 Dec 2008
I read this when my 2nd child was 6 months and about to start food. With my first child I followed all the puree rules, and consequently he is a terrible eater at 3 years old. Baby led weaning is a much better approach in my opinion. Plus its really really easy. Takes all the pressure off. Weaning is actually fun this time round. Read this if you are about to wean your baby on to food. It makes a very sensible case!