Profile for Rose > Reviews

Fruits Basket Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Akitaro Daichi
Price: 28.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Cute, 20 Jan 2012
This anime is about a girl called Tohru whose mum recently died and is living in a tent. The 'Popular boy,' Yuki finds this out and offers her a bed in his house. All's fine until she finds out that his family is cursed, in that they change into an animal of the zodiac when hugged by someone of the opposite gender and all the adventures that follow.

This is a very cute anime about an innocent girl who simply wants the best for everyone. At 26 episodes it's a nice length to enjoy the series. If it went on abit longer I would've given it 5 stars. However, the anime stopped abit short of the manga and how it was intended to be finished.

Nonetheless, it's a purchase I'd recommend to all shoujo fans as it has some really touching moments.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2012 7:14 AM BST

Fullmetal Alchemist: Season 1 - Box Set [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Fullmetal Alchemist: Season 1 - Box Set [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Tru Ohkawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but get Brotherhood instead!, 28 Dec 2011
I understand if you may think that my rating and my title conflict with one another but let me explain my reasoning.

This anime is based on the manga version. Due to the progression of the anime, it overtook the manga and they were forced to develop their own ending. This is like if J.K Rowling fell behind on Harry Potter and Warner Brothers decided to take the helm instead.

After some time, the manga was finished and the true story came to an end. Studio Bones (The animation studio) announced that they'd make another Fullmetal Alchemist series but it would stay true to the real story. This was called 'Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood'. These aren't two seasons to the same story, it's generally the same story for the first half but the second half turns in the complete opposite direction. Same skeletal plot but two completely different endings.

However, the reason I gave this 5 stars is because it was such a brilliant anime series, truly among the legends, but I would recommend spending your money on 'Brotherhood' instead as it is the true story. If you have already watched this version, then there is a movie based after this called 'Conqueror of Shamballa'. If you have money to spend though and are intrigued to watch this, then by all means do! You won't be disappointed.

Bleach Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Bleach Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Noriyuki Abe
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best anime out there, 8 Oct 2011
Last month, I had never watched an episode of Bleach but a friend pleaded with me to watch it, so I did.

One month later and I've seen 205 episodes of Bleach and I think it's safe to say 'Wow'

The plot is truly one of a kind and each season is as strong as the last. By episode three, it was safe to say that I was hooked. The dub is brilliant as well, which is the one I personally watch. The characters are absolutely brilliant and so three-dimensional. In all fairness, I even adore the 'villains' (well... all but two).

A great thing about this anime is that it's still running. Currently, there's no empty void so seeing the final credits and the director has no intention of finishing his 'money cow' anytime soon. This is an anime you MUST see and what a bargain!

You'll be thanking me and other positive reviewers when you start shouting 'KENNY!' when you see a certain character.

Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD]
Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tensai Okamura

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning and emotional, 15 Jun 2011
If you had asked me to review this 6 hours ago when the final credits came rolling, I'd have said 4 stars. However, this would be because the series left me numb. Now I believe that 4 stars wouldn't be giving this collection justice.

The general jist of the plot is that 4 wolves are searching for 'Paradise' as they sense that the end of the world is near. Throughout their adventure, they bond with eachother and the beautiful thing is, they also bond with us. These characters have skeletons in their closets but they all have twice as many redeeming qualities. There is also alot of action through the series and had me on the edge of my seat at times.

As I said earlier. I would've given this series 4 stars a few hours ago. But this i because I was numb from the ending. However, when that state had worn off, I stared out into the distance, lost in my thoughts, staring into the clear blue sky when I begun to contemplate the series as a whole. And I had arrived at the conclusion, that 5 stars was the least I could do to pay homage to this great anime.

Plus, any plot that makes one numb is worth considering for anyone who wants to own a piece of memorable anime.

Death Note Complete [DVD]
Death Note Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tetsuro Araki
Price: 34.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly jaw-dropping, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Death Note Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I just finished the series yesterday in a span of 3 days. Literally, when he final credits came rolling, my jaw was still on the ground from the previous episode. It was amazing! The plot is credible (as credible as it can get for a supernatural genre). The characters were perfectly developed and bonds were made quickly between character and viewer.

The plot in a sentence, is about a high school lad who earns the ability to kill WHOEVER he wishes. What will he do with that power? Well you gotta see that for yourself. As the plot thickens, so do the schemes. The characters are so intelligent that you have to smile at their capability of 'planning ahead'.

If you're a manga/anime fan, this is a must-see! You know what, even if you're not, you came on this page for a reason so buy it already! I even got my anti-anime brothers hooked on it and I'm watching it from scratch again with them today :)

M.M.O.R.P.G.
M.M.O.R.P.G.
by Charlie Foxtrott
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 4 April 2011
This review is from: M.M.O.R.P.G. (Paperback)
I bought this book after looking at the positive reviews. I was dead excited about reading a humorous outlook on MMORPGs. I wasn't expecting the world known by companies of blizzard and bioware but I was still itching to read it.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed. This book is aimed for young teens, fair enough, I understand. But it wasn't funny. The plot was poor (Whatever sort of plot there was). The characters weren't very credible. The 'jokes' never came and after page 200-ish I just had to put it down. It was just THAT bad! I'm not the type to drop books either. I've read the Malazan and wheel of time collections so waiting for a climax/event isn't an issue. As I said before... it was just so bad.

Purchase at your own risk
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2011 4:35 PM BST

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels
Price: 11.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 4 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game due to the amount of positive reviews it has received. Luckily, it was money well spent. I've only played about 10 hours of it but I'm already unhealthily hooked and I've also joined Alistairs fanclub on facebook :P

Anyway... the plot is good, the characters are all unique, and credible. If you like a character, you can give them a kiss. If you hate a character, you can treat them like dirt (betrayal is inevitable behaving like this). Every line you say can have a HUGE impact on the outcome of later events.

Also, the combat system is friendly enough. At first it's merely a basic 'click and watch' but as you progress, so do your tactics. Controls are very friendly, no 'triangle + R1 + analog' needed to simply run. Smooth visuals and not too much loading.

Overall great game. A must have for RPG lovers. You won't regret it when you realize you're grinning like a goof-ball at everything Alistair says :)

Lord of the Rings Sterling Silver Arwen's Evenstar large
Lord of the Rings Sterling Silver Arwen's Evenstar large

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 7 Dec 2010
I bought this for myself as a treat. As a LOTR fan it was a 'must have' more than a 'treat'. This piece of jewellery is beautiful for everyday wear or a special night out.

Honestly, you don't even need to be a LOTR fan to buy it. Many people have asked me is it an angel or a fairy (more the angel). My only problem with this is that it gets abit dusty in the nooks and crannys and I don't have a clue on how I'm going to clean it without damageing anything. However, the sheer beauty of the evenstar outweights this little con.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2012 7:33 PM GMT

The Rising Force ("Star Wars": Jedi Apprentice)
The Rising Force ("Star Wars": Jedi Apprentice)
by Dave Wolverton

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!!!, 10 July 2010
I LOVED it. Obviously though if your not a star wars fan, steer clear of it but as a star wars fanatic, I really really liked it. A good read for any age.