Profile for Stephen Charles > Reviews

Stephen Charles (Sheffield)

Baptized (Deluxe Version)
Baptized (Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Album, 15 Jan. 2014
This album may be a bit lighter in tone, indeed some tracks have a hint of Train about them, but it is non the less a terrific album. Crammed full of superb songs, as always brilliantly delivered by Chris Daughtry. Baptized and Battleships are excellent tracks but the stand out track for me is Long Live Rock & Roll. With the lyrics "don't give up, don't grow old" it is a perfect summary of how,once you love rock, you love it forever.
I hope this album gives Daughtry the global success they deserve

Never Give In
Never Give In

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning Album, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Never Give In (Audio CD)
If you have never heard the music of Will Hoge your life is the poorer for it. I heard one track on the BBC2 Bob Harris Show, loved it and took a punt on buying The Wreckage, which is a superb album. So, having really enjoyed that album I recently purchased Never Give In, but I expected to be disappointed. I wasn't. This album is brilliant....a real work of art.

It's full of catchy, infectious pop/ country songs that make you tap your toes and you will feel much better for listening to it.
"A Different Man", which opens the album is a classic uptempo opening track and the standard is maintained throughout. "Home Is Where The Heart Breaks" drives along but has a tragic tale behind it.

Will Hoge is a genius. Buy this album and you won't be disappointed

Steve C

CD Cases Jewel Case Single for 1 Disc with black Tray - 10 pack
CD Cases Jewel Case Single for 1 Disc with black Tray - 10 pack
Offered by Media Replication

4.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 31 Oct. 2013
Product arrived on time and well packed so no broken cases. The cases were cheap to buy and probably not the best jewel cases I have seen, but good enough for the price I paid

Little Victories
Little Victories

5.0 out of 5 stars Superstar, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Little Victories (Audio CD)
If you have never heard Chris Knight your life is poorer for it. Chris Knight is one of the finest singer song writers and sings songs of real life. Some make you happy and you cannot help tapping your feet ....others present tales of angst and broken dreams and you realise that this is reality for so many people.

"In The Mean Time" and "Jack Loved Jesse" just rock along and "You Can't Trust No One" bounces along is a sad indictment of society today....but sadly has an element of truth. There is not a weak track on the album

Little Victories is his most recent release but it does not matter which Chris Knight album you buy...they are all fantastic.
He is a shining light in the world of modern country music and I thank Bob Harris for bringing his music to me.

Epson Original T0715 4-Cartridge Multipack (Cyan T0712, Magenta T0713, Yellow T0714 and Black T0711)

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, 18 Mar. 2013
Producyt is exactly what i needed.....great service and a great price
I have tried cheap alternatives from Cartridge World, but my printer sometimes rejects them so I gave up and will only go for Epson originals. At this price I wonder why I messed about!

7even Year Itch: GREATEST HITS 1994 - 2001
7even Year Itch: GREATEST HITS 1994 - 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Listening, 14 Jan. 2008
If you like Matchbox 20 or Goo Goo Dolls or anything in the pop rock genre you really MUST listen to Collective Soul. I took a punt on this album and it blew me away. Every track is fantastic. There are great rock songs with awesome riffs (like Heavy and Why), others with meaningful lyrics and soaring melody (Listen) and at the same time you have totally classic catchy tracks like Perfect Day (a duet with Elton John)

I now have all their albums and I have never listened to any artist as much as Collective Soul. Total quality. Give them a try.

Sweet Lullabye
Sweet Lullabye

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mighty Stewboss, 14 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Sweet Lullabye (Audio CD)
Absolutely brilliant album and I would recommend it to anyone. Great lyrics and wonderful hooks it makes you smile and feel better about yourself. See Stewboss live if you can....they are brilliant