Profile for C. Hamill > Reviews

Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures
by Delphine Chedru
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars What a gem!, 3 Jan 2010
This book was such an unexpected little gem. Its not your typical kids book, it has lovely graphic patterns rather than cartoon like pictures. The little creatures are very subtly hidden and its really fun trying to find them. For example, each little senario is spread over 2 pages (double page). On the left hand page it says "Find the owl who needs her glasses..." and then the right hand page contains the graphics.

My 22 month old finds it hard to find some of them, but I think the book is probably aimed at slightly older children. I could see children of varied ages really enjoying this book. My son absolutely loves looking at the colours and patterns and I must admit, so do I! The edges of the book are rounded which is something a bit different (and less likely to poke you in the eye)! I will definately buy more copies of this book to use as gifts. Just hope more people discover this lovely book and enjoy it as much as we do!!

Alien Al (Funny Faces)
Alien Al (Funny Faces)
by Roger Priddy
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!!!, 29 Dec 2008
I bought this book for my 9 month old and he absolutely loves it. The bright colours and big faces on every page captivate him. Not to mention the funny rhyming story which is short and sweet, but brilliant to keep little ones entertained. I read this over and over again and he never gets bored. There are funny little sounds on the last page too. I loved this so much I bought Rocky dog, another in the funny faces series. It isn't quite as good as Alien Al though, but my son still loves it! Also this is a great sturdy board book. Would highly recommend! Will probably buy more!!

Vegetarian Pregnancy and Baby Book (Mitchell Beazley Food)
Vegetarian Pregnancy and Baby Book (Mitchell Beazley Food)
by Amanda Grant

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little veggie book, 17 Aug 2008
This is a good all round book for anyone who wants a bit of information on either or both veggie pregnancies and weaning. It has recipes for both mum and babies, but is not solely a recipe book. It gives advice on diet and essential vitamins and minerals with examples of meat alternatives. The sections are well laid out and easy to read and I am finding it very useful now that I have started to wean my baby on a vegetarian diet. I refer to this book alot as it is concise and to the point and gives me the confidence to know that I am doing the right thing for my baby. I feel that this is a good starter book for anybody considering veggie weaning but if you are solely after recipes then this is probably not the book for you.

Poems for Young Children
Poems for Young Children
by Various
Price: 7.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 13 July 2008
My sister bought me this on a recommendation from a neighbour. I must say its a wonderful book with poems by various authors. There is a great mix of classic, modern, long and short poems. Some of them are absolutely hilarious and had us in stiches. We read it cover to cover as soon as we got it. It also has wonderful pictures. A must for young children and adults too!

The First Years Nature Sensations Sleep Positioner
The First Years Nature Sensations Sleep Positioner

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little positioner!, 23 Jun 2008
I use this in the cot for my very young baby. It gives piece of mind knowing they cant roll over in their big cot. It also looks really lovely and is very baby friendly with the cute animals! It has vents for air to flow and is size adjustable. Probably only suitable for small babies though because once they start to wriggle, they wriggle straight out of it!

Fisher-Price Bottle Warming Vacuum Flask
Fisher-Price Bottle Warming Vacuum Flask
Offered by lotsandlots1-2013
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must when bottle feeding!, 23 Jun 2008
This is a great help for taking out with baby for feeding time. You can simply heat the ready made bottle or you can make up the bottle with boiled water from the flask. Very handy to pop into changing bag and have piece of mind, as alot of places don't warm bottles any more. Would highly recommend this. Keeps water really hot for a long period of time. Never thought to use as bedside bottle warmer at night, what a great idea!

Babyshapes: Books 1-4
Babyshapes: Books 1-4
by Helen Dorman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and fun!, 23 Jun 2008
This review is from: Babyshapes: Books 1-4 (Paperback)
I bought this along with Faces (Babys very first book) after reading reviews on amazon, because I wanted to find something that would interest my very young baby. Well these books are great. Baby absolutely loved them, especially book 3 with all the faces. So simple, but he absolutely loved it and it was so funny to watch all his little expressions and cooing noises as he stared at the pictures. This is a must for young babies and I have recommended it to all my friends!

Baby's Very First Book:Faces
Baby's Very First Book:Faces
by John Fordham
Edition: Rag Book
Price: 4.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young babies!, 23 Jun 2008
I ordered this book after reading recommendations on amazon and my baby seems to love it. He loves staring at the faces and the other patterns on the pages. The book crinkles so he loves to feel it and the velcro strap to attach it to cot/pram is a great feature. The book looks boring to parents but baby loves it! A great buy.

Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital Baby Monitor
Tomy Walkabout Platinum Digital Baby Monitor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, but not perfect., 23 Jun 2008
This is a good monitor, the sound is great and there is no interference, but I agree with other peoples opinions about the battery life being low, and i've also had the same problem of the lights flickering on the parent unit when there is no actual sound. The night light is lovely but there should be a seperate button because you can turn the monitor off when trying to turn the night light on and vice versa. I also like that you can turn the night light on and off using the parent unit. The best feature is the room temperature display as its pretty accurate and provides peace of mind in my opinion. Overall this monitor has great sound and some nice features, but it could be improved.

Fisher-Price Link-A-Doos Bouncer
Fisher-Price Link-A-Doos Bouncer

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing buy!, 21 Jun 2008
I ordered this after reading the other reviews on amazon because I was looking for a chair for my very young baby. It was perfect because the shape of the chair provides support and is more laid back than many others. My baby is now 15 weeks old and I don't know what I would do without this. It is definately the best 25 I have ever spent. It's basic, but extremely lightweight and portable, and was easy to assemble. Good for helping baby sleep also. I haven't really used the vibration much, I just find myself constantly rocking it with my foot. I would highly recommend this and it is great value for money!