Profile for Talitha > Reviews

Content by Talitha

Talitha (Strand, South Africa)

KSG - Sequin Arts & Beads - Seahorses
KSG - Sequin Arts & Beads - Seahorses

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful blending of colour, 21 Jun 2014
This is my latest Sequin Art to grace my wall and it was such fun to do!

When I looked at the diagram, I thought the colours would be very in your face clashing and jarring, but when I was done I was so happy with how beautiful it came out. The colours of the different sequin just blended into one another, making an absolutely beautiful picture. I couldn't be happier!

If you're looking for something fun and relaxing to do, get yourself this sequin art and just pin away. It's fun and you end up with a beautiful creation you would be proud to display!
Comment Comment | Permalink

A Town Called Eureka - Season 1-5 [DVD]
A Town Called Eureka - Season 1-5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic in marathon style, 21 Jun 2014
I always loved Eureka. It was just so quirky and weird and Colin Ferguson was absolutely charming as the "every man" sheriff in a town filled with super geniuses. But when I watched it on TV the long breaks in between seasons made me lose the thread of the story, and by the time it came to the final season I was so annoyed I literally couldn't make it past the first episode. So I never finished it.

But the story nagged at me. And then I saw the boxset on Amazon. All 5 seasons neatly packed in one sexy box. And I bought it. Total impulse buy on my side. I didn't even think about it. I just remembered how much I loved the show and how I never finished it. Also, by that time Colin Ferguson has gone on to be the bad guy in Haven, and I needed to see him good again.

The box arrived and it really is very sexy. One big book of DVD's to page through. The only thing I missed was a booklet with an episode guide, but that's such a little thing I don't really mind. It's not a new release of DVD's with new extras. They basically took all the previous season releases and put them together in one big boxset. So the extras aren't fantastic. But honestly, that's not why I buy DVD's. I buy it for the show. I wasn't disappointed.

And let me tell you! If you ever wanted to watch Eureka, watch it in marathon style. I think it took me maybe 2 weeks (with silly interruptions like work and having to talk to family) to go through all 5 seasons, but it made so much more sense! The show had a flow from one season to the next. The little twists and turns remain fresh in your memory, because you just saw it a day ago or so and the final season was actually a big surprise in how good it was and how well it wrapped up everything that's happened before from season 1 to then. All the loose ends got tied up. A great conclusion for the show. I'm so glad I bought it and that it's now part of my collection.

If you were a fan of Eureka, I would completely recommend this boxset. You won't be sorry. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 8:19 AM BST

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Las Vegas - Season 12 [DVD]
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Las Vegas - Season 12 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ted Danson
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Ted Danson a great addition to the series, 21 Jun 2014
I have all the seasons of CSI Vegas in my collection, except for the Laurence Fishburne years. I'm sorry, but they just did not work for me at all! I can honestly say I don't remember any of those episodes at all. Like they were wiped from my memory. Or they never happened. For me, the series started again with the arrival of Ted Danson as DB Russell.

What a massive surprise that was!!! I have to be honest. When I heard Laurence Fishburne was taking over from William Peterson, I was excited. Someone of that calible coming to my favourite show! And he turned out to be the biggest dud ever! So when they said he was being replaced by Ted Danson, the guy from Cheers and Three Men and a Baby, I was sceptical to say the least. In fact, I was downright horrified! What are they doing to my beloved CSI?

But I was soooooooo wrong! I watched the first episode of Season 12. There's DB lying in the middle of the crime scene, trying to get a different perspective on what happened, and I was instantly charmed. (And the fact that I can actually remember his first episode should tell you a lot, because I was not lying. I can not remember Laurence Fishburne's episodes at all.)

Ted Danson brought a Grissom-esque feel back to the show. An out of the box kind of thinking the show lacked. Also, he was a strong leader with clear ideas on how things should be done and he managed to meld his style well with the old guard. I think he in fact made the old guard young again by changing their point of view on how things are done.

Ted Danson was made for this role. I hope he stays with the show for many years to come. And maybe one day we can have a movie where DB Russell and Grissom can work a case together! Now wouldn't that just be fantastic?!

So I will be continuing my collection with Season 12. And when people ask me where is Seasons 8-11, I'll answer them as follows: "What seasons 8-11? They never happened!"

New York Cross Body Messenger Canvas Shoulder Bag Black
New York Cross Body Messenger Canvas Shoulder Bag Black
Offered by EyeCatchShoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best birthday present ever!, 2 Dec 2013
I got a voucher from a friend for my birthday and I bought this bag with it. Best buy I ever made!!! It slings across my body no problem, leaving my hands free to do shopping and the like. It has more than enough room for all my stuff and then some. And it's sturdy.

Sequin Art and Beads Swans
Sequin Art and Beads Swans

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sequin Art and Beads Swans (Toy)
I love doing sequin art. I'm a 36 year old woman who finds that sticking pins into styrofoam can be very relaxing. And at the end I have a beatiful and shiny picture for my wall. This will be my 3rd one that I've done. I can't wait to see it hanging on my wall with the others.

Dracula - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dracula - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a surprisingly refreshing view on the subject matter, 12 Nov 2013
I was trepidatious about this, to say the very least. And the trailers didn't tell me squat of what to expect. So I watched.

And I found the story of Dracula teaming up with Van Helsing to take down the rich and powerful Order of the Dragon (who have caused them both so much heart ache in their personal lives) so refreshing!

Jonathan Rhys Meyers manages to portray the dark intensity of Dracula very well, without being completely cheesy. You can't help but feel for the centuries old vampire as he tries to do the right thing by the woman he so deeply loves, even if it hurts him. (Besides, I was always on Dracula's side in all the movies. Why can't the mortals just let him have his love?)

If you were looking for a carbon copy of the source material, this isn't for you.

But if you're willing to open your mind and take things with a pinch of salt and a side of cheese, then you will enjoy this show. I am loving every single second of it. It's officially my "must see" of the week.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 3:59 PM GMT

KSG - Sequin Arts & Beads - Dolphins
KSG - Sequin Arts & Beads - Dolphins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic birthday present, 4 July 2013
I got this as a birthday present from my friend in England and I just loved it. Oh, it was my 36th birthday, just in case you were wondering.

This isn't just good fun for small kids. It's great fun and a fantastic stress relief for adults too.

It is definitely more challenging than the Doves and the Flamingoes that I've done before, but the challenge just made it even more fun for me.

And the final product came out beautiful! Now I'm having it framed for my room :-D

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Price: £1,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy gift, 22 Feb 2011
This made my friend very happy on her birthday. I'm in South Africa and she's in England, so it makes birthday shopping challenging, but with Amazon's gift cards my problem was solved. I could send her something on her birthday to make the day special and she could use it to buy something she wouldn't necessarily have bought for herself. It's the perfect long distance gift.

CSI: New York (PC DVD)
CSI: New York (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Object game pretending to be a CSI game, 17 Nov 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Horrible!!! Horrible, horrible, horrible game that is not worthy to carry the CSI name. It's a Hidden Object game pretending to be a CSI game to con fans of the show and of the games into buying it. And once you've shelled out more money than it's worth and you install it, you find bad graphics and ridiculous hidden object screens and mini-puzzles that get repeated over and over and over again. If you've bought any of the other CSI games and enjoyed them, DO NOT BUY THIS!!! You will be disappointed.

Avatar (Angel)
Avatar (Angel)
by J.G. Passarella
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulously built story that grabs you from word one., 6 April 2001
It's a solid story with a solid storyline, that remains true to the title character, Angel, and his trusty crew.
Not only does the author delve deeper into the relationship between Cordelia and Doyle, but also plays on our humanity. Tough questions about the unwilling enslavement are asked and through these questions, the villian demon is turned into a sympathetic character.
The pictures painted with words will bring a chill to your spine and a tear to your eye.
I would recommend this book to anyone. Even if he or she isn't an avid Angel fan, they will thoroughly enjoy this tale as it transports them to another world.
Truly one of the best out of the 7 current titles already published.
And not to be looked upon as "a kid's book". This book is for all ages, be they 15 or 45.
Let yourself be swept away... read Avatar.