Profile for Withnail67 > Reviews

TONI&GUY Glamour Serum Drops - 30 ml
TONI&GUY Glamour Serum Drops - 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a shine, 29 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good product. Be careful - you don't need much; use about three squirts for very long hair. It gives a good shine and is an excellent detangler as well. Try using it on dry hair before washing the night before or on wet or dry hair after washing. you can pick up some of the products for a few pounds less but this is a strong brand and is a quality item. Better than Frizzeeze which our hairdresser described as 'gloopy' by comparison.

Maclaren Travel Kit for Mother
Maclaren Travel Kit for Mother

4.0 out of 5 stars Mums the Word, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a sweet little package that would make a very nice gift for a new or expectant Mum. The ingedients are really good quality, but two warnings about the toiletries included: none of them are what why you might call 'basics' so you will definitely need your toothbrush and deodorant as well as this box. There's also the fact that these are very small examples of each substance and will not last you very long if you went away for anything more for the weekend. That said, this is a very attractively presented item, and sure to raise a smile.

Hive Active Heating and Hot Water with Professional Installation
Hive Active Heating and Hot Water with Professional Installation
Offered by Discount Superstores

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy solution, 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We love hive. This is working absolutely fine for us. Installation was well organised and punctual and took about 35 minutes. The controls on the thermostat are logical and can be overridden if you're unsure about the Internet connection at any time. The real clincher is the quality of the app that hive provide which is really logical and can intuitive to use. You’ll need to sit and concentrate on what you're doing to set up the initial schedule but your engineer is probably the best person to ask for advice. We live in a small market town with a fairly medium Internet broadband connection by a well-known provider, boosted by a Netscape Wi-Fi extender. We have had hive working now for the best part of the week with no problems, and being able to check the activity of the heating when you’ve reached work in a rush is really useful. So we're satisfied customers but I'm very willing to update this review if we have any problems: by the look of it we don't expect any.

Max Fitness Boost Band - Black
Max Fitness Boost Band - Black
Offered by Humpa Lumpa

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic starting point for fitness monitoring, 14 April 2015
You get what you pay for. This is quite basic item but I haven't had the problems that some reviewers are describing. The design of this fitness band is understated but simple and low key. It fits snugly and unobtrusively under my sleeve - I find the retro green or black display very clear and easy to read. Navigation around the item's admittedly limited function is it easy and clear. i i've been using the item for about a week now, and the weakness is definitely the app but not really to the extent that says it says here. I loaded the app successfully or to my motorola and it has been working securely ever since. I synchronise after I wake up every morning at about 6:30 and I haven't encountered any substantial problems with it. As to accuracy It seems to monitor my basic activity fairly accurately although I couldn't speak about running a specific distance as I use it generally as an upmarket pedometer. This is really what the item is - it's not really a fully developed fitness band but it does give you a good starting point, which is what I wanted. it's not perfect and the tracing of your sleep pattern seems to be rather impressionistic but this is working fine for me even if its function is a little basic. I can see myself progressing to a more developed item later but I think this is reasonable for the money I paid on Groupon.

EDIT- WORKING FINE AND SYNCHRONISING RELIABLY EVERY DAY

Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary
Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary
by David Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear as Crystal, 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautifully crafted book that is a creative and useful introduction to the world of Shakespeare’s language. Any book with the name Crystal on the cover and focussing on language is probably worth your investment, and two Crystals, father and son make for extra Shakespearean and linguistic insight. This is a good quality illustrated dictionary that neutralises the “hard words” that might cause new readers or even experienced readers of Shakespeare some difficulty. Definitions are elegant, to the point, and connected to examples in the plays. The definitions and dictionary pages are surrounded by illustrations, maps, charts and diagrams, and the book ends with a slightly more grammatical description of early modern English in Shakespeare’s language in general for those who want to go a little bit further. Buying a Shakespeare related present for a teenager or tweenager is a bit of a risk, but you might get away with it with this lovely book that deserves to be on the shelf of every 11 year old starting out on Romeo and Juliet.

BT Elements 1 km Range IP67 Rated Cordless Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocker
Offered by Big Box Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough and tumble, 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suppose we ought to confess from the outset that we are normal cul de sac dwelling users of mobile handset phones. We don't have a large unmanageable farm in the pennines or work in a warehouse! We've tried this phone out for everyday use around the house use and it's performed well in the garden, in the kitchen, in the spare room we're doing up and even the storage area above the garage reachable by a ladder! ! the striking feature is of course the handset which does look like a mobile phone circa 1994. This runs most of the features on the phone, and the answer machine is a kind of virtual one rather than a physical button on playback type . we set the phone up very briskly apart from the inevitable typing in your contacts pages which is the only drag in the process. We used it successfully and I was really happy with the performance. The signal is clear all around the house and garden and we had no dropout up problems. Charging was absolutely fine and the handset has already survived a couple of spillages and 2 drops without noticeable harm. So given our type of lifestyle with this is a reliable rugged phone that will happily survive most family ins and outs and provides a reliable and competence service. the retro styling is quite ironic and fun. Given it's a BT product you are a little keyed in to BT services which might cause some irritation but didn't us. We will update the review if we have any problems as time goes on but to be honest I'm not expecting any.

MEMTEQ® Bluetooth Smart Bracelet Wrist Watch OLED Display Touch Screen for Android phone , iPhone (IOS) , Symbian (Nokia) , BlackBerry OS , Windows Phone Function : Time Display / Phone Book Sync / Vibration Massage / Call History / Call Reminder / Handsfree Call / Mobile Anti-lost / Pedometer (Blue)
Offered by PtyUK Mall

2.0 out of 5 stars Smart choice?, 4 April 2015
Shop carefully. This is an attractive little item and is pretty well designed for the price that you're paying. However i found the bracelet far too small for my wrist and i couldn't really find any clear description of how big it was. There's really no give at all in the bracelet which is fairly solid plastic and none too strong. To be fair I got it working on my Moto 4G phone pretty quickly, but I found a display very basic, and the display was very fiddly and prone to random keypresses. I feel i should really save my money for something a little more sophisticated, but if you're looking for something to play with a little rather than a life changing piece of wearable tech , you're probably be ok with this. Not a terrible item but basic.

Update :this item is now filling up a draw - save your money.

HAMSWAN UWATCH Smart Watch Bluetooth SmartWatch WristWatch for Samsung S4/Note 2/Note 3 Android Phone Smartphones (White)
Offered by Develop(HK) International Holding Group Co., Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out, 4 April 2015
Cheap and fairly cheerful. I got this working on my Moto 4 despite the app being in Chinese. the overall feel of the item is not that impressive. Everything works, but random key presses are all to common and the quality of the display was just a little too basic for me. I feel the reviewer who said that this was a stocking filler had it about right. Fun to play with but if you are after a serious piece of wearable tech save your money for a more polished item.this does what it says on the tin but what it says on the tin is a little limited.

Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream 37 ml - Duo Pack
Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream 37 ml - Duo Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Cream de la creme, 3 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really good quality cream at a very competitive price. You can pay a great deal more for a product that works half as well. Absorbed cleanly and easily, and definitely has a cumulative effect. Bit of a gripe about the dispensers:wish that they were more clearly differentiated between Night and Day, and that you got a bit more per per 'pump'. Very good value.

Nikon COOLPIX L840 Digital Camera - Black (16.0 MP, CMOS Sensor, 38x Zoom) 3.0 -Inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty as a Picture, 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We really enjoying this camera. Is a fun, lively family camera aimed securely as the previous reviewer said, at the middle market. It is easy to use and set up, and if you gave it as a gift, the recipient will be using it before you left the house! The first thing you notice is that the camera is really well designed and sits very well in the hand, and feels really substantial. It's appearance is dominated by a very impressive lens. The controls take some learning and understanding to utilise fully, but provide for a sensible and impressive range of different pictures and landscapes We particularly enjoyed using the moveable viewfinder that pivots and tilts to impressively different angles to capture the shot you want - really useful. We road tested this on a family day out and really impressed with the results. The other settings like 'Painting' style are a bit of a gimmick but our children enjoyed them. We feel that this is a really impressive camera for the money and a good option if you are looking for a user friendly family camera that is easy to start to use, and is a step up from holding your phone between thumb and forefinger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20