Profile for Happyuser > Reviews

Happyuser

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Danielle Insulated Lunch Tote Bag Paris Design
Danielle Insulated Lunch Tote Bag Paris Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, stylish lunch bag and with careful use seems sturdy, 26 July 2013
I read many of the reviews of this product before I bought it and when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it seemed. I use mine daily and manage to fit a rectangular box of salad, a small water bottle, a large piece of fruit (apple, banana or nectarine), a small box of grapes and a health bar into it, together with a small sandwich freezer pack. It's a fairly snug squeeze but the bag manages it. The zip seems fairly robust but I open and close it carefully to avoid damaging it. I do the same with the magnetic fasteners. I guess that if you rip them open each day it may in time falter. So far after around two months' daily use it looks as good as new and I'm thrilled with it! Finally, a stylish lunch bag!

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Venice & the Veneto
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Venice & the Veneto
by Brenda Birmingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic for detail and ease of use, 7 Jun 2013
This book is just superb and we saw lots of people using it in Venice. We didn't use it for the Venuto so can only comment on its use in Venice.

The illustrations were easy to understand and extremely accurate. You really need to sit down and spend half an hour or so understanding how the book works before setting foot in Venice. We did so and after that the book was quick and easy to use. There was fabulous detail on the sights, extremely good coverage of restaurants and shops plus a very clear explanation of how the local transportation works. The book also includes several area walking tours, which we followed easily and saw some hidden gems we would otherwise have missed.

Overall as guidebooks go, particularly for the complexity of Venice, this was one of the best books I have used. The detailed map was particularly good and we soon ditched the version handed to us by the ferry operator in favour of it. Just superb!

Top 10 Italian Lakes [With Map] (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
Top 10 Italian Lakes [With Map] (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
by Lucy Ratcliffe
Price: 8.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Succinct, comprehensive and handbag-friendly, 7 Jun 2013
Like the other 'Top 10' series books, this one covers the Italian lakes as a summary, providing you with the highlights and just enough information to understand the history, culture, recommendations, do's and dont's. We actually only used it for the Lake Como area, but it was our constant companion and gave us lots of insights we would have otherwise missed. If you want a very detailed overview, buy something else. But if, like us, you want everything you need in a small, easy to reference and use format, you can't beat this book.

amika Black 25mm Tourmaline Curler
amika Black 25mm Tourmaline Curler

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results on the straightest of hair, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: amika Black 25mm Tourmaline Curler
My hair is long, thick and naturally very straight so a great challenge for this product, but still successful! The trick is to use a protective styling spray, curling very small sections of hair and holding the heat on for 8-10 seconds.

Using the heat protective glove is a must if, like me, you need to curl very straight hair right down to the ends. It heats up quickly but you can only tell it is hot by putting your hand near to it so you have to be very careful using it. I also needed to buy a separate heat mat to protect my table.

So, used in the right way this product creates lovely loose, tumbling curls that have lasted up to three days on my very naturally thick, straight hair.

dream dazzlers fantasy play , dress up trunk , for girls, includes play dresses, play shoes, play jewelery and tiara etc
Offered by SKYWISH
Price: 64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of items, lots of fun, 27 Dec 2012
My young nieces (aged 2 and 3) loved this product. The shoes, jewellery and feather boa were particularly popular and the Velcro fastenings made it easy to change outfits quickly with the changing whims of young children.
The quality isn't the greatest, but for quantity and sheer fun, it went down a treat.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Iceland
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Iceland
by Collectif

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 27 Dec 2012
I love this series and have used the guides for several cities. This was no exception. The size makes it easy to carry around, yet it provides just the right amount of information. The result is a blend of rich information, at-a-glance ease of use, practical tips, great maps and a handbag friendly size. I'm a great fan! We will use this book again on our return to Iceland.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Chicago
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Chicago
by Collectif
Price: 8.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, very detailed but hard to use at-a-glance, 27 Dec 2012
You need to read this book in advance of a trip to Chicago as it's not easily used at-a-glance. It is incredibly detailed and well organised. I was able to read about the interesting landmarks and architecture, including their history and context. However, once I was in Chicago and if I quickly wanted practical information about a landmark's location, opening times and prices, I couldn't find it quickly and it was heavy to carry around.
So, if you want a handy guide to use on foot, choose something else. For detailed and comprehensive information with time to read, you can't beat it. Personally I also found the 3D map of each area difficult to follow and abandoned the in favour of a standard, separate map.

Chicago (AA City Maps)
Chicago (AA City Maps)
by AA Publishing
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent detail, practical and easy to follow, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Chicago (AA City Maps) (Map)
I tested this map in Chicago in heavy rain and thanks to its plastic laminated cover, it came through superbly. The detail was clear and easy to follow with all the landmarks clearly marked. It pre-dates the re-naming of the Willis Tower, so it is still labelled Sears Tower on the map. I'll definitely use this map again on my return trips. The map of the rail network was particularly useful. Great product!

Heatproof Heatmat with Travel Pouch for Hair Straighteners
Heatproof Heatmat with Travel Pouch for Hair Straighteners
Offered by Hujedeals
Price: 4.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim, strong and great protection, 27 Dec 2012
This heat mat arrived promptly and does exactly what I needed it to do. Its size is big enough to accommodate my curling barrel but also doesn't take up too much space. The storage pouch is great, but I have to store the p,ub on the outside.

Berlitz: Nice, Cannes and Monte Carlo Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Nice, Cannes and Monte Carlo Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accompaniment for a weekend trip, 28 Sep 2012
This book was superb but I can only comment on the Cannes section. Used alongside a large map for a weekend trip it was fabulous if you wanted to see the top sights. There was a nice blend of history, a summary of what there is to see, how to get there and where to eat. It's pocket-sized so it's practical to carry around. I'd advise using as I did to tell you about the top sights, research them online if you need further detail, then use it with a map when you're there for a great weekend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5