Profile for grandma > Reviews

Content by grandma

grandma

The Needle In The Blood (Bello)
The Needle In The Blood (Bello)
Price: 0.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty heavy going, 7 July 2013
I have to say I was rather disappointed with this novel. I found it rather heavy going and sometimes difficult to keep interest going. I would not hurry to read any more novels by this author.

The Power of One
The Power of One
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 7 July 2013
This review is from: The Power of One (Kindle Edition)
This is the first novel by this author that I have read. I think it is a well written fiction story woven around many facts. If you do not know much about South Africa in the years leading up to and including the second world war this highlights many of the problems facing all facets of life. Its powerful dialogue gives food for thought and will leave the reader wanting to read more of Courtenay's novels.

Zibits Lightning Ball Battle Arena with Zibit
Zibits Lightning Ball Battle Arena with Zibit
Offered by The Works
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 9 Jan 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I was so disappointed when I saw what this toy actually was and especially the price charged for it. Just a few pieces of plastic and one little battery operated robot. My 6 year old grandson soon lost interest in it and I find this amazing when it is advertised for 8+! I would certainly not recommend this product, or any other Zibits, as the play value is so limited. I am sure there are better products on the market for the price being charged for this toy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2011 10:38 AM BST