Profile for Nathan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Reason for God
The Reason for God

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 7 Mar. 2014
A fantastic book, very encouraging, and very much in the approachable, yet authoritative, style of much of Keller's writing - a fantastic read for anyone struggling to rationalise faith in God in the modern age.

The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness
The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 Mar. 2014
A short piece from Timothy Keller and a great read, I have always enjoyed an admired Keller's writing and wholeheartedly recommend this book.

The Hobbit (Unabridged 10 Audio CD Set ): Complete and Unabridged
The Hobbit (Unabridged 10 Audio CD Set ): Complete and Unabridged
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Mar. 2014
I have always loved the hobbit, and was delighted to find a complete unabridged version on audio. I have listened to it many times and love it. Yes, the voice can be a tad monotonous at times, and singing leaves a lot to be desired, but mostly it is a pleasure to listen to, its relaxed and slow pace perfectly matches that of the novel, and as an unabridged reading it presents Tolkien's work far better than any audio drama could - I couldn't be happier really!

Padlock Multi Keyring (3 Rings)
Padlock Multi Keyring (3 Rings)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Padlock Multi Keyring (3 Rings)
This was a bit of fun really, an add on to another order because I needed a keyring and liked the design. I was please when it arrived, it was easy to operate and looked good. Unfortunately, after a few weeks it was beyond use - the quality is just very poor indeed. It was cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but I certainly couldn't recommend this for anything more than short-term novelty.

Patrick Moore's Yearbook of Astronomy 2013
Patrick Moore's Yearbook of Astronomy 2013
by Patrick Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems great!, 7 Mar. 2014
This was bought as a gift for a friend, a they were very please! I'm not an astronomer myself, so I can't really speak to its reliability or accuracy, or even usefulness, but it looked to me like a great book, with good detail well presented, and was very much enjoyed by the recipient - makes a great gift!

Stargazers' Almanac: a Monthly Guide to the Stars and Planets 2013
Stargazers' Almanac: a Monthly Guide to the Stars and Planets 2013
by Bob Mizon
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 7 Mar. 2014
I bought this as a gift for an astronomy mad friend, and they loved it! It's a great calendar, with fantastic charts and everything for each month. I can't speak to its accuracy or its usefulness, but it certainly makes a great gift, and my friend sure did love it.

Waterproof Sleeve Case for Apple Ipad 1, 2, 3 and latest Model with Audio Jack
Waterproof Sleeve Case for Apple Ipad 1, 2, 3 and latest Model with Audio Jack

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 7 Mar. 2014
This case does not look nice, not does it feel particularly great, nor does it seem very well designed. That said, I wouldn't be without it for all the tea in china. It is a very basic case, cheap by design, which is why I bought it, I really didn't see the point in spending as much as some of the other waterproof cases cost when I'll only use it infrequently. I bought it primarily so I could watch Netflix in the bath (I know how silly that sounds, but these things are important! :) ), and for that it's fantastic. I have complete confidence in the case, it seems fully waterproof and the triple closure mechanism feel extremely secure. The audio jack makes it a little harder to close, but not insurmountably so, and I noticed no change in sound quality. Having dropped the whole thing under water a few times I can speak to the waterproofness of the jack (which worries me at first), though I wouldn't recommend it! This is a grey, useful accessory for the iPad, but if you need a premium feel, this is not the case for you.

The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by Musicland Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 7 Mar. 2014
I really looked forward to this, but was (as I was with Sims Unleashed and Sims 2 Pets) slightly disappointed. Pets in Sims always seem like the be all and end all, but to be hones they're always a bit of a let down. Cats and dogs aren't changed much form Sims 2 Pets, but horses are new. Horses were greta fun the first few times I used them, but they're a LOT of work and really became more of a burden. They also imbalance the game because so much money can be made from them so easily, after a while I found most of my sims were horse breeders now, and suddenly it lost its charm - what good is a town full of horse breeders and nothing else?!

The Sims 3: Seasons Expansion Pack (PC DVD)
The Sims 3: Seasons Expansion Pack (PC DVD)
Offered by Musicland Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it - but it slow everything down!, 7 Mar. 2014
I am a major sims fan, have played it since the original release and really enjoy it. I loved seasons for Sims 2, and this is really the same expansion pack, nothing much new to be honest. That said, it adds a huge amount to the game. While it doesn't bring much in the way of new features or objects compared to others, it revolutionises the feel of the game by adding seasons, weather, festivals, etc. Suddenly, everything feels more dynamic and interesting, more real.

That said, it slows the game down quite a bit, as do all the expansions I think. For me, that's a price worth paying for the weather etc., but if you don't really care about the weather and go in for more new features and stuff (like you mind with University or World Adventures), then this might not be the one for you.

Joseph Bentley Stainless Steel Handheld Weeding Knife
Joseph Bentley Stainless Steel Handheld Weeding Knife

4.0 out of 5 stars Ominous - but effective!, 7 Mar. 2014
I wouldn't want to pick an argument with anyone holding this particular implement! It is an excellent weeding knife, with a good, thin, and surprisingly sharp blade that fits perfectly between my paving slabs and works every time. It feels very strong and reliable, just as I would expect from JB.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to any gardener, but if you garden with kids around you may want to think twice about using this knife, as it certainly is NOT for kids, the blade is both heavy and sharp.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3