Profile for Haniel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Whole Earth Organic Baked Beans 400g
Whole Earth Organic Baked Beans 400g
Offered by Healthy Foods Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Whoever thought it was a good idea to put cloves in this needs speaking to, 29 Jun. 2016
This review is from: ParentWE-TINN001-ParentV3 (Misc.)
Whoever thought it was a good idea to put cloves in this needs speaking to!!!!!
It is not awful but a great opportunity for a good quality sugar free tin of baked beans has been missed.
It smells like cinnamon when the can is opened and tastes a bit similar to a spicy fruit cake mixture before going in the oven.
Sorry to say I won't be buying another one.

Bionaire 2Cool 16" Stand Fan
Bionaire 2Cool 16" Stand Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Noisy!!, 9 Jun. 2016
Good but noisy!
Solid sturdy fan with 3 settings.
Even the slowest setting is usually enough to cool the room down but it is very noisy even on low.
For that reason I wouldn't buy another one.
There are lots of powerful desktop fans that are very quite, don't know why this was designed to make this noise....it's a big negative for me.
Maybe it's the double fan blade or something?

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked that a company like Solgar has thought it wise to place Titanium Dioxide ..., 21 April 2016
Shocked that a company like Solgar has thought it wise to place Titanium Dioxide AND Soy Lecithin in a supplement recommended for heart health!!!
TD is a class 2 carcinogen.
SL is a hormone disrupter and probable carcinogen, especially for the reproductive organs in males and females, most likely targets for SL will be breast and prostate cancer.
No thanks Solgar....I will go elsewhere for my Ubiquinol.

Your Own Perfect Medicine: The Incredible Proven Natural Cure That Medical Science Has Never Revealed
by Martha M. Christy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting read. Shame that in my book though ..., 21 Mar. 2016
Very interesting read. Shame that in my book though there are pages # 34, 35, 38, 39, 42, 43, 46, 47 which are completely blank and text free!!!!
Very shoddy publishing.

Teapigs Darjeeling Earl Grey Tea 125 g (Pack of 1, Total 50 Tea Bags)
Teapigs Darjeeling Earl Grey Tea 125 g (Pack of 1, Total 50 Tea Bags)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Tea!, 16 Nov. 2015
First Class Tea!
This is now my favourite tea, it's not cheap but still works out at 27p a cup with shop prices, this 50 bag box is even better value here on amazon.
Gave up milk in tea 2 years ago and now drink it the way it should be drunk, black!
I have to have a bit of natural sweetener in it though but this is so refreshing and flavoursome.
Highly recommended..........The best!!!

The Help
The Help

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, Beautiful Book, 1 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
Just finished reading it, could not put this book down. In fact its one of the best books I have ever read. How dare some people give it one star! Some people must have a chip on their shoulder! So moving, so beautifully written. You can feel the pain, the sense of injustice!!! On the last page I did cry. I wish there was Help 2 only with a better end. I recommend this book to everybody.

Jigsaw [DVD] [1962]
Jigsaw [DVD] [1962]
Dvd ~ Jack Warner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great WhoDunnit!!!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Jigsaw [DVD] [1962] (DVD)
Great Whodunnit with Jack Warner bringing his quite authority to the role as Inspector Fellows, the detective in charge of investigating who murdered and partially dismembered a young woman in the Brighton area.....and why?
This really is a super example of methodical policing and hunting down every clue to close the net on a baffling murder.
It does have a documentary feel to it.
Highly recommended....the only slight irritation is as others have said....the sudden ending.....as I wanted the film to continue seeing as it was so intriguing.
Trivia: The actor playing Tenby is John Barron, unrecognisable with a full head of hair as he is most famous for playing "CJ" ("I didn't get where I am today by........") many years later in The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin where he was bald as a coot!!!
He also directed Rossiter in several plays in the 1950's before they teamed up years later for Reggie Perrin.

Enjoy this film.....you won't be disappointed.

Nature's Plus, Source of Life, Animal Parade Liquid, Children's Multi-Vitamin, Natural Tropical Berry Flavour, 30 fl oz (887.10 ml)
Offered by Nature's Remedies

1.0 out of 5 stars Sodium Benzoate is a carcinogen and even worse, when in the presence of vitamins C & ..., 29 Mar. 2015
I would advise against buying this product or any product for your children that contains the preservative Sodium Benzoate!
It isn't necessary to put this in, it just happens to be the cheapest mass made preservative on the market. What a shame that so many "health" companies do this. So, it's all about profits again instead of true health.
Sodium Benzoate is a carcinogen and even worse, when in the presence of vitamins C & E, as in this liquid vitamin kids drink it forms Benzene, the same cancer causing agent found in petrol and other petrochemicals.

"Benzene increases the risk of cancer and other illnesses. Benzene is a notorious cause of bone marrow failure. Substantial quantities of epidemiologic, clinical, and laboratory data link benzene to aplastic anemia, acute leukemia, and bone marrow abnormalities.
The specific hematologic malignancies that benzene is associated with include: acute myeloid leukemia (AML), aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).

The American Petroleum Institute (API) stated in 1948 that "it is generally considered that the only absolutely safe concentration for benzene is zero."
The US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) classifies benzene as a human carcinogen."

I will give Garden of Life to my kids now....no Benzoate and no potassium sorbate.
If they can do it then why can't other companies?
Always read the label carefully and check up on these people selling you "health supplements"!!!
It's your health and the health of your families that are at stake, not theirs!

Stay healthy folks!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2015 7:22 PM BST

Infinity Foods Organic Stuffed Vine Leaves 283 g (Pack of 6)
Infinity Foods Organic Stuffed Vine Leaves 283 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice indeed. Nice and soft vine leaves with no ..., 15 Feb. 2015
Very nice indeed.
Nice and soft vine leaves with no unnecessary additives.
No stringy/chewy bits which is a huge plus for me.
It also feels good psychologically when eating them that they are organic, it makes the experience more enjoyable....or maybe that's just me:)

Remember that grapes are among the most heavily sprayed fruits there are, so that must transfer onto the leaves.
I was pleased with the price, with the postage, it does make them about 30% dearer than a weight for weight supermarket brand but I think it's worth it.

COOLEAD- USB 3.0 to VGA Video Graphic Card Display External Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Windows 7/8
Offered by COOLEAD

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!!!, 2 Feb. 2015
I bought this for the addition of a 3rd monitor for a Lenovo laptop.
I need it for looking at a chart with moving candlesticks for currency prices.
It does the job of displaying the chart, just about.
There is no audio but I do not require that.

Pro's:
It installs very easily. You put the disc in while connected to the internet to complete the installation which takes seconds.
The monitor came to life immediately. That was a relief.
It works on Windows 8.1.
And that's about it.

Cons:
On the top of my chart they are options such as drawings for adding lines on the chart, on this 3rd monitor it doesn't work properly and I lose sight of where the mouse cursor actually is.
It flickers quite often which is not a major problem but it seems to effect the overall operation of the laptop, making it slightly more sluggish than it was before.
The other monitor I have which runs off a direct VGA to VGA cable is no problem at all.
To prove a point as if ordered for this review I have just had to pull out the cable to the 3rd monitor as my laptop screen was turning black every few seconds as I write this!!!!!
Last week I had to power off the laptop with the main power button which I don't like doing...it took several attempts to restart the computer as it was non-responsive...finally by leaving the on button depressed for several seconds it came back to life!!

If I get another monitor I would have to try the HDMI cable option direct to a newer monitor with the HDMI socket.
That would be more expensive but I think it would definitely be worth the extra investment for a smoother running machine.

I would not buy this cable again.
I do not recommend this cable.

UPDATE:
I have had to change the review title from OK to disappointing :(

Every day I have to turn the monitor off....pull the plug out and reconnect, usually this will take about 3 attempts.
My charts freeze as well and sometimes it takes a few minutes to realise I am looking at the same candlestick pattern as the chart has not advanced in real time.
So, NO!!! I would never buy this cable again, it's just not up to the job! Very frustrating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7