Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Eyekepper Titanium Rimless Reading Glasses Readers Men Black +1.0
Eyekepper Titanium Rimless Reading Glasses Readers Men Black +1.0
Offered by Eyekepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 12 July 2015
These are great. Had my eyes tested recently and advised by the optician that there's still no need for varifocals so just keep buying the cheap reading glasses. I've been looking for some rimless glasses that were a bit bigger than the narrow ones I'd had for a while which we starting to get a bit wobbly. These are very lightweight and comfortable. We'll see how long they last but they look far better quality than the price suggests.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2016 10:25 PM BST

OsoMount 360 Grip Mount - Black - Universal in Car Holder for iPhone 6/ 6 Plus / 5s /5c /4/4s Samsung Galaxy S5 /S4 /S3 / Note 4/3 & Other Smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well On Dashboard., 12 July 2015
This works really well. I've been using it to mount a Nokia phone mainly for sat nav purposes. It has been mounted to the plastic dashboard rather than the glass. Good purchase so let's see how long it continues to perform.

Guitar Jack Socket 1/4 Inch Standard Mono
Guitar Jack Socket 1/4 Inch Standard Mono
Offered by WarHorse Guitars

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Top Quality In My Opinion, 12 July 2015
Very flimsy piece of kit so next time I'll spend a bit more and get something more robust. Not really value for money but not the end of the world either.

Panasonic SD-2511W Multi-Function Bread Maker, White
Panasonic SD-2511W Multi-Function Bread Maker, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Machine, Simple To Use, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First part of the review which I will update later as we try out more recipes. We've used a bread maker in the past that someone loaned us as they had stopped using it. This seems to be typical with a lot of these type of gadgets. Initial enthusiasm wears thin. First things first. It looks very well made. The manual is well set out with the instructions at the beginning and the recipes at the end. Compared to the non-branded one we tried, this is definitely a step up. Easy to use and we decided to not try and be too clever and would just make a basic white loaf to start off with. An absolute doddle and more important, the result was really good although we did get a bit of an air pocket in the loaf which is going to happen from time to time I suspect. The loaf looked very professional and more importantly, tasted great. Very simple and easy to clean. Next stop something a bit more exotic as this one can sprinke nuts or seeds into the mix as it goes along.

Tried a few more recipes and each one just as good as the others. There are two speeds for the recipes and the only difference that I can see is that you use more yeast in the quicker one. The quality of the bread is not affected so may as well use a bit more yeast.

Update:

This is defintely a really good machine. It has been well used and we have tried quite a few recipes now, all of which we have been very happy with. It takes literally minutes to prepare a mix and cleaning is a doddle.

Update 2: April 2016

What a shame that this has now developed a fault. We've made three different loaves to make sure that the ingredients/programme was not an issue and all three have failed. Two came out lopsided - one end risen and the other not, the third did not rise at all. Interestingly on this one, the top half of the loaf was not brown whereas the bottom looked perfect. However the real bad point is the support from Panasonic. Unlike a fault that I had with a Braun item bought from Amazon, this device cannot be returned to the for repair/replacement. The advice I was given was that it needs to be taken by the customer to a repair centre. The nearest one to me is 15 miles away and not really convenient. Compared to others (especially Amazon whose customer service cannot be faulted) this is an interesting way for Panasonic to go about their business and maybe something buyers should bear in mind. I was given a superb piece of information when I questioned Panasonic's modus operandi in that they informed me that there were no recorded faults on this particular machine. Not sure where to start with that one but I'm assuming they are implying user error or poor ingredients. Given the simplicity of use of this device and the really good results recored with the initial uses, I tend not to agree with their analysis.

Braun Series 3 340s-4 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3 340s-4 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
Offered by RIGHT BARGAINS (U CAN SEND ITEMS AS GIFTS, NO PRICE ON INVOICE)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Good, 13 Jun. 2015
Considering this is Braun, a company with a really good reputation for quality stuff, this doesn't work so well. I don't have to shave with a blow lamp like Desperate Dan so something lightweight is fine for me. I'd look elsewhere.

Daffodil TC01 USB Adapter Kit - 1m Retractable USB Extension Cable with 6 Convertors [ USB A Male / A Female / B Male USB / Mini 5 pins / Mini 4PA / Micro / Mini 1394]
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Bit of Kit, 13 Jun. 2015
This works well. Handy to have these various connectors just in case. I've used this in the car to connect a phone charger when using the sat nav on a mobile.

Demystifying Spanish Grammar: Advanced Spanish Grammar, Clarifying the Written Accents, Ser/Estar (Verbs), Para/Por (Prepositions), Imperfect/Preterite ... Tenses), & the Dreaded Spanish Subjunctive

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK as Far as It Goes, 13 Jun. 2015
Not a lot of use in my opinion. Didn't cost much so I didn't expect much.

Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Multi-Tool
Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Multi-Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 13 Jun. 2015
Useful gadget. I carry this round with my music stuff. There are occasions when these multi tools come in very handy. This one is small and well made.

Rokono® BASS+ Mini Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Black
Offered by Gadget Hunter

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 13 Jun. 2015
Not very useful in my opinion. Weedy sound out of it. Save your money and put it towards some deent earphones. Those around you will probably be happier too!

150W HALOGEN FLOODLIGHT SECURITY LIGHT WITH MOTION PIR SENSOR WORKLIGHT
150W HALOGEN FLOODLIGHT SECURITY LIGHT WITH MOTION PIR SENSOR WORKLIGHT
Offered by 365-home-zone

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 13 Jun. 2015
Each time I've bought this type of external light, it has been a waste of time and money. They are fiddly to install, flimsy and in no time at all seem to break meaning more messing around replacing the things. Look for something of a higher quality. You'll save time and money in the end.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20