Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
The Art of Speeches and Presentations: The Secrets of Making People Remember What You Say
by Philip Collins

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Treatment of the Subject, 22 Sept. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book not because I was thinking of embarking on a speech tour but just to see what a professional speech writer has to say about what can go wrong. I have to present at work quite often but more often than that, I'm in the audience sometimes wondering why my mind is wandering. I think we basically all know why speeches go wrong, but at least here are some good tips for how to (at the bare minimum) keep your focus and avoid losing your audience in the first few minutes. Written in an easy to read style which is just as well given the subject of the book.

Homedics Shiatsu Smooth Natural Touch Back Massager with Technogel
Homedics Shiatsu Smooth Natural Touch Back Massager with Technogel
Offered by KG Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product but Varying Reactions, 22 Aug. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For a start, I like this product. The massage for the back is really good with lots of options but I put a warning here because I asked a few other people to try it out and not everybody likes the massage at all. This is nothing to do with this product it is the actual massage. For me it loses one start because it's a pity it can't do a good job of a neck massage which I have problems with. The back part is stiff because the rollers have to have that to function. Maybe expecting too much?

Reza's Indian Spice
Reza's Indian Spice
by Reza Mahammad

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Reza's Indian Spice (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got quite a few curry books. The favourites being Madhur Jaffrey's original (well used by now and out of print sadly) and the Curry Secret a rather cheap book but full of excellent ideas. This one is a bit more lavish but isn't overwhelming. It is good to see that there are the fancy recipes but also some easier ones. A lot of ingredients in some of the special curries in the section called "Showing Off" but plenty of others to try.

Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary
Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dictionary, 30 Jun. 2012
This relates to the Kindle Version which I recently purchased. I also have the printed version. Like others on here I wanted a dictionary for helping with Spanish reading. I had also used the same dictionary mentioned by others because at the time there was a limited set of choices for a Spanish dictionary. The Miriam dictionary is also very slow despite being small. I tried this out and not only (as expected of course) were the definitions far better but the response was fast. Only complaint is that you can't set default dictionaries for the PC version of the Kindle.

LINDY 1m Guitar Lead - 1/4 Inch Straight Jack to 1/4 Inch Straight Jack Red
LINDY 1m Guitar Lead - 1/4 Inch Straight Jack to 1/4 Inch Straight Jack Red
Offered by RMXdirect-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Guitar Cable, 30 Jun. 2012
What can you say about these things? This one looks good value for money. I refuse to pay stupid prices for leads because they all end up wrecked. Some people will try and convince you that you must spend a fortune on leads. This isn't the case. Clearly avoid the ultra cheapo stuff which is a waste of money but this quality is plenty good enough.

Madrigal Margarita : See it and Say it in Spanish (Signet)
Madrigal Margarita : See it and Say it in Spanish (Signet)
by Margarita Madrigal
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not That Different, 30 Jun. 2012
No real complaints as the book didn't cost much but I had similar items already in my collection. The other book by the author is far better and I would recommend that.

Adam Hall 3m6.3mm Jack Stereo to 2 x 6.3 Jack Mono Audio Cable
Adam Hall 3m6.3mm Jack Stereo to 2 x 6.3 Jack Mono Audio Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 30 Jun. 2012
I've bought a few of these sort of non standard items for my music gear. This time it was for an effects loop in a Hayden MoFo amp which doesn't have a separate send and return. Looks well made.

Img Stage Line MCC-100/RT JACK to JACK Instrument Cable 1m
Img Stage Line MCC-100/RT JACK to JACK Instrument Cable 1m

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 30 Jun. 2012
There's not much to say about these sort of items. You buy them for a specific purpose and if you have equipment that requires one then luckily you can usually find it somewhere on Amazon.

Hanes Mens Long Sleeve T-Shirt Navy-S
Hanes Mens Long Sleeve T-Shirt Navy-S
Offered by Tomscabin

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 30 Jun. 2012
I'd never heard of this brand but then I'm not that much of a shopper. Looked like a bargain at the price and I was not disappointed. The problem with a lot of these items is how long they last.

Rotosound Jumbo King Strings (12-54)
Rotosound Jumbo King Strings (12-54)
Offered by Fair Deal Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Rotosound - Good Strings, 30 Jun. 2012
It is a bit subjective and you can get into lots of boring nonsense with anything to do with music. For me I look for simple quality and some longevity as I'm one of those who rarely changes strings. Compared to the strings I bought years ago, these days they retain their quality and don't tarnish so easily. Good value in my opinion.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17