Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Merrell Womens Decora Chant Waterproof Snow Boots J48420 Black 5 UK, 38 EU
Merrell Womens Decora Chant Waterproof Snow Boots J48420 Black 5 UK, 38 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and Practical, 27 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were tested out in just the right sort of weather. The size of the boot fits as expected but my wife says you would find the part from the top to the ankle a bit on the tight side with jeans tucked inside. Other than that, very comfortable and warm. She had been looking for something like these when working outside at the school.

PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box

3.0 out of 5 stars It Works Well But Too Expensive To Be Popular, 17 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This took a bit of organising to get all the necessary parts to review. Amazon's customer services, even for review items are impressive. Due to delivery issues, the disposable trays arrived before the litter box. As it turned out, that wasn't such a bad thing because the cat first needs to get used to the new litter. Later the litter box arrived. First thing to say is that it is big. Anyone wanting one should make sure they have room for it and a power point nearby (the transformer lead isn't much longer than a metre).

Once the cat got used to the new litter we could compare this with our usual stuff. Our cat is a bit eccentric so I was surprised she took to the change. The best thing about the whole kit is the crystal (someone said it looked like something Walter White had manufactured on Breaking Bad). It absolutely does hide odours and is long lasting so that is something I would consider using longer term but I'm not sure about the box and the trays. Three trays cost £50 which could last up to three months. The litter box is £145 and in all honesty I can't see how on earth it justifies that price even though it does what it says it will. I'd say the device would be improved by being smaller and no more than £50. I wouldn't recommend the version with the lid being much advantage. The trays are maybe worth £7-£8 each.

That's my opinion. You can decide whether you think the contraption is worth the outlay.

Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Brushed Aluminium
Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Brushed Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Juicer, 12 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm comparing this to another juicer I have owned. First of all this one looks a lot smarter and stylish which is probably important to a lot of people as in reality, if you are juicing properly, it needs to be out on the worktop all the time. It is far quieter than the other one I have had and has some differences in design that appear to work in its favour. In this one, hardly any pulp is left in the dome part whereas I've seen almost as much in the top as the bottom in the other one. There is only one speed but I don't think that is an issue. Next, the actual metal part that creates the juice is inverted compared to the other. The external part juices the fruits and the pulp falls into the deep base. That comes in two parts. The first time I separated the upper ring from the pulp container then came apart with a snap. I could see someone damaging the parts quite easily so take care with that.

Cleaning is a doddle. I'd say the metal part is slightly more difficult to clean but it's not really that hard to clean.

Some general comments. I only make enough juice for one drink as you are supposed to drink them right away according to the experts and by the time you have peeled, juiced and cleaned up, it will take about ten minutes so bear that in mind. These types of juicers always make a clear part and a frothy part. I don't mind but those who might not like this would probably need one of those masticating juicers but they have other issues. My advice is to try and have a go with someone else's to check whether you like the stuff it makes and also decide whether you are prepared to do the work to get the use out of. I'd certainly miss mine now I've used a juicer regularly.

Final Warning - you will see that lots of juicers whether Philips or not are prone to motor problems. Many of these can be avoided by not pushing down too hard on the contents to get them through the juicer.

Philips SW700M/05 Multiroom Speaker with Spotify Connect
Philips SW700M/05 Multiroom Speaker with Spotify Connect

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Product - One Trick Pony, 3 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The product works fine, the issue is this: do you really have to pay £100 for a device that then costs you £10 every month to use? For me the answer is absolutely no. When I sent this for review, I wanted to compare it to my Roberts Internet Radio which is everything this isn't. While that device had an option for Last FM which no longer exists in the form it was when I bought that, you also had an internet radio, FM radio, digital radio and the ability to stream your own music from your PC or put in a USB and play from that.

In my opinion, that is the sort of device you want. This is not recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 2:08 PM GMT

Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Offered by Electric Mania Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly Works as Expected., 26 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got one of those bedside lamps that limit me to a 40 watt bulb and quite frankly, there's more light from a glow worm. Reading always seems to involve twisting the page around to get enough light on the page. A quick swap of this device, 9 times less powerful and it is a massive improvement. If the lifetime of these items are as claimed, they look like good value to money to me.

PetSafe ScoopFree Replacement Crystal Litter Tray, Blue, Pack of 3
PetSafe ScoopFree Replacement Crystal Litter Tray, Blue, Pack of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Partial Review, 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Partial review, so apologies if it it not 100% satisfactory. I have part of what I needed to carry out this Vine review but not all so this is about the actual replacement items. First thing to notice is the weight of it all. This came as a set of three trays. Each tray is a heavy duty cardboard arrangement with the crystal litter in it. I believe they fit in to one of the other components which is the missing piece that I need to do justice to the review. What I would say is that I would take some convincing that this is a vast improvement on standard litter which is far cheaper. I've seen some other devices on Amazon that are a reasonable price that do look like they would be an improvement so I'm tempted to buy one of those instead. I'd say the refills need to be no more than about £7 each.

Fujifilm X Millican Robert the Camera Bag - Blue with small insert
Fujifilm X Millican Robert the Camera Bag - Blue with small insert

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced unfortunately, 4 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well made item for sure but the big problem has to be the price. It is good quality material and is definitely suitable for stuff other than cameras (I'm more interested in it's use for tablets and other items like that). The clasps work well and the main pocket has other compartments for lenses and the like. There is a separate bag for a camera body that seems a bit odd to me as it has a button and loop to fasten it, not sure if that is a good idea personally.

This item was sent for review and I definitely wouldn't pay anything like the price for this but they must have a market in mind. Five stars for the bag itself, one star for the price.

Cole & Mason 145 mm Brushed Chrome Oxley One Handed Pepper and Salt Mill Set, Set of 2, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars ... traditional twist mechanism Cole and Mason shakers which are pretty good but the disadvantages with them are that filling .., 25 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've got the traditional twist mechanism Cole and Mason shakers which are pretty good but the disadvantages with them are that filling is a bit fiddly and also getting the setting for how fine you want the salt and pepper to be. Both of those are resolved with this set. Filling is simple, flip the top and pour into the wide opening. Changing from course to fine is also simple - just needs a little twist at the bottom. The one handed operation is easy too. One minor moan, the lids should have been metal I would say. Otherwise a good product.

1 Pair of Replacement Ear Pads Cushions for DT770 DT551 DT880 DT990 DT531 DT801 DT440 DT660---Black
Offered by Highly One

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 29 Aug 2014
I have an old pair of Beyerdynamic headphones and the ear cushions had got so bad that the speakers were touching my ears making use uncomfortable. I looked at the list of compatible headphones and my old DT331 were not on there but a quick browse showed they are more or less the same style as DT531. Decent quality pads. Slightly different construction to my originals but what do you expect. They work a treat and propriety ones were about half the price of new headphones.

Add the DT331 to the list of models with confidence that they fit.

Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)
Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's A Box of Staples, 14 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well what else can you say about a pack of staples? I defy even the best author to make any other comment than they are there to do the job. They certainly don't look any different to the Arrow staples that worked with the Tacwise stapler I have so I can't say if there are any real benefits to stickong with the brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14