ARRAY(0xb0598cd0)

Content by flashleg8

flashleg8 (Hall-of-the-Larks)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't decide on a scope? Just buy it!, 16 Jan 2013
I purchased this telescope after weeks of indecision about what kind of scope to buy. Too much indecision. The bottom line of all the research I done was, buy the best scope you can afford. Simple. This fell in my price range - better than a 114mm aperture (around 100) and not as good as a 150mm aperture (more than 300). I wasn't disappointed with this. It's a sturdy piece of kit and comes with comprehensive instructions. You need to get used to the non-intuitive mount, but other than that its pretty simple to set up. The red dot finder works fine and is easy to align. Comes with a 10mm and 25mm eyepiece. I've ordered a cheap 2 x Barlow lens and a moon filter that I've not had a chance to use yet. I would recommend buying "Turn Left at Orion" a book to show what are the interesting things to look at and what they realistically look like through a small scope. Like other people have said, you need to be realistic about what you will see with any telescope - you won't get Hubble type views! First thing I looked at was Jupiter (the brightest thing in the sky - no moon yet!). You can see a surprising amount of detail and four moons. Next thing was M42 nebula on Orion's belt, also stunning.
As I said at the start, you can look and weigh up forever - but you'd better spend your time out looking at the sky!
Quick delivery too!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm...fossible fake?, 7 July 2008
First of all no software included - though thats not so much of a problem as its easily downloaded from R4's site. Next the USB adapter has no write protect switch (perminently locked - can't write to the card from the PC) so had to buy another adapter (10ish highstreet shop). Works well once that was sorted - really is just drag and drop.
I suspect its a fake R4 though and there's been a threat from R4 that the new firmware may "brick" (break) your DS when uploaded onto a fake R4...
All in all it works well (so far) - but I think I'd look a bit further to make sure I bought a real R4.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2008 8:16 AM BST