Profile for Mimyx > Reviews

Content by Mimyx

Mimyx

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Corsair CH-9000011-UK Vengeance K70 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Black
Offered by Value_Deal
Price: 129.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming comfort and affordability, 27 July 2014
I have gone through many, many keyboards in the past decade and a half. I would say probably more than 20 different ones. Each with their own gimmicks, designs and key types. This is by far my favourite keyboard to date.

The Cherry MX keys are an absolute dream, they feel fantastic, smooth and very, very responsive. The sound is also incredibly satisfying as well. This is my first forray into Cherry MX switches, and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure what that even meant. But the difference it makes to typing and gaming is noticeable. The keyboard feels smooth and typing every letter is still enjoyable.

The sleek brushed aluminium surface is beautiful. It brings out the design of the keyboard and boasts a professional look and finish. The keys themselves are a black matte finish with red glowing letters in the centre. The pros of the keyboard in terms of lighting is the fact that you can turn it off, or adjust the lighting at 3 different levels. The red looks the part too. (I have had blue backlighting before and the fact that I couldn't turn it off was really annoying) also the red backlight matches my Corsair M40 Gaming Mouse.

It has the feature to turn the start key function off, something which I've never seen before and wonder why it wasn't implemented 10 years ago. You can also assign what keys you'd like to be purely backlit when in game. Those are accessible simply by pressing a single button. You have some keys assigned to you at first, and only through watching other people's reviews did I realise you can assign your own buttons to glow, while the rest of the keyboard backlight turns off.

The keys are slightly higher off the base than most people would be used to, but that gives it perfect distance to respond to keystrokes, which again, I find a great, satisfying feature. They keys easily pop off with the provided tool, I have found most keyboard keys do pop off, but are far too hard to do and makes it feel like they'll break off rather than pop. There are some additional keys provided so you can give the WASD keys more texture and the 1-6 keys also have red replacements too.

The only con I have found is the keyboard is slightly less width than my other keys, so typing is slightly more difficult. But do remember this is a GAMING keyboard and not a typists keyboard. So its not totally unexpected.

It's a great price for a product that feels like a superior build. The keybard looks rugged and boasts a fibre wire instead of thin plastic too.

Corsair CH-9000041-EU Raptor M40 Performance 4000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
Corsair CH-9000041-EU Raptor M40 Performance 4000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
Price: 39.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, Comfortable and looks the part., 27 July 2014
This is a fantastic mouse. It's sleek, responsive and trustworthy. The buttons are responsive and are satisfying to touch.

I really enjoy the quality of the cable, it feels very durable and strong also being made of fabric rather than plastic means it glides across my acrylic desk without rubbing and interrupting the movement of the mouse.

Aesthetically the black and red match my K70 keyboard and mouse mat, which is important to me. The logo is rather large but the glow makes it look impressive rather than annoying. Its DPI settings are a nice feature, I feel that the lower and higher tier are somewhat unneeded on a daily basis but in gaming, eg sniper shooting etc it would be really useful to switch them on the fly.

The side buttons are nice and small but not so small you end up pressing the wrong one, which i have had happen in the past. The mouse wheel is comfortable and satisfying also.

I have no complaints about this mouse. Its a lower end gaming mouse but that doesn't affect the usability of it one bit. More involved gamers would probably benefit from more macro buttons and other doodads but this for me is perfect. I would happily buy another one when this one ceases to work, which would be a long time from now.

AeroPress Filter Papers (350)
AeroPress Filter Papers (350)
Offered by Venture Blue
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as needed, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: AeroPress Filter Papers (350)
They do the job they are meant to. 350 filters would last a normal coffee drinker about 8 months I should think. They are just paper filters so don't expect more than that.

the After - Season 1
the After - Season 1
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be a heavy hitter., 24 Jun 2014
This started off well and it kept on going! I think this would be an excellent addition to the Amazon Originals. The story is solid and slow to unravel and the end just added a completely new layer to what was already an incredibly intense and exciting episode. I would implore you to watch this preview episode if you were a fan of the X-Files or any of Chris Carter's other work.

The acting is good, some work needs to be done on the dialogue, far too much swearing, to the point it's just not needed to convey the point. Other than that, it could definitely work as a mini-series or something more.

The roles are all well suited to the characters in my opinion but I hope they will eventually get more fleshed out as the story progresses, as they do seem slightly two dimensional. The end was full of suspense and it would be some cruel joke if this wasn't picked up to do more episodes.

Again, if you like drama and are a fan of the kinds of things Chris Carter attaches his name to, you will probably enjoy this. It wasn't the greatest pilot I've ever seen but it definitely hooked me in.

Grand Theft Auto V Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Bradygames Strategy Guides)
Grand Theft Auto V Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Bradygames Strategy Guides)
by Bradygames
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful addition to my collection, 27 Dec 2013
This limited edition hard cover looks and feels incredible. It's sleek and inconspicuous, it doesn't scream GTA at you and looks very professional.

The pages are crisp and smooth, they're glossy and are printed very well. It also contains some lithographs which aren't needed but a welcome addition to an already lovely product.

The chapters are written well, the pictures added are both relevant and nice to look at. It's laid out very well and is easy to navigate to the relevant missions, collectables and maps.

If you're someone who likes to know every knit-picking detail about the games you're playing, especially games so dense and large as this, then it's a nice addition.

It's nothing you couldn't find on the internet if you're prepared to get up and look, but I still enjoy the act of looking in a book and navigating to the right place and sitting back to read it. It's a seldom enjoyed luxury nowadays, and with the books design, it feels like a joy to do so. It also adds to resale value of games, it's a nice collectable to keep on your shelf too.

OP/TECH Pro Strap - Black
OP/TECH Pro Strap - Black
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras
Price: 14.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable as once thought, 27 Dec 2013
I bought this as another way to carry my camera around with me for long periods of time. (I have previously bought a hand strap for use during short outings). The original strap was too stiff and cut into my neck somewhat.

At first I enjoyed the build quality and how useful the strap was. It can be detached at both ends with clips so that you can hand it over to a friend or something else. The strap itself is not as comfortable as I would have first believed. After about 3 hours of wearing it, it began to scratch the back of my neck and it also started to rub far too much, causing an irritation and eventually a rash.

The pros of this product is that it's a better looking strap than the kit strap, it isn't blatantly labelled so you don't feel like a show off when walking about, and it's easy to remove or just unclip.

Cons; It rubs constantly, the fabric is nowhere near soft enough for long term use.

Supernatural - Season 8 Complete [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Supernatural - Season 8 Complete [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki
Price: 16.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Always happy with SPN, 27 Dec 2013
Season 8 wasn't their strongest season but had a few great standalone episodes.

The blu-ray itself has the standard features as well, which is always nice to see. The box art is cheesy as usual but that didn't bother me. It's just nice to have another season neatly stacked on my bookshelf ready to be consumed when I partake in my usual yearly marathon.

As always, the acting is well done and the effects stand up well for a weekly televised show. The plots of some episodes were weak, but not every season can be as strong as the ones that preceded it. If you're a fan, and like the quality of Blu-Ray over DVD, then you know you're gonna buy it, it just depends who you're gonna buy it off of in the end. Amazon always deliver and I have never had a problem with the packaging.

Duracell MN2400 Plus Power Alkaline AAA Size Batteries (Pack of 16)
Duracell MN2400 Plus Power Alkaline AAA Size Batteries (Pack of 16)
Offered by Sivitec_Direct
Price: 6.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for a reliable company., 27 Dec 2013
Let's face it, the cheap ones you buy at the supermarket are usually duds. They don't last anywhere near as long as Duracell batteries and they're more likely to to leak or cause problems.

Duracell are the king of batteries, whether you like it or not. They are always slightly more expensive than other companies, (Panasonic, Kodak etc.) but they're worth the money.

These arrived fast enough and were wrapped well. The box is strong enough to keep them in my toolbox without fear of them spilling out.

Men's Dunlop LUKE Suede Moccasins BLACK size 7
Men's Dunlop LUKE Suede Moccasins BLACK size 7
Offered by The Slippers Shop
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 27 Dec 2013
These are half a size too small for me, but in my experience, slippers tend to get a lot more lose further down the road. These are no exception!

They are snuggly and warm, albeit still slightly too tight, but that's not the products fault at all. They look the part and make a great house shoe when you're pottering about the house. They keep your feet warm, which is what I was mostly after, and the bottoms are thick enough that stepping on things on the floor doesn't make you curse the heavens with pain.

Supernatural Dean Winchester Double Sided Mask Amulet Pendant Necklace (Supplied in a Gift Pouch) Unique Jewellery
Offered by Small Island Boutique
Price: 15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent replica., 27 Dec 2013
This is not an exact replica by any means, it's a lot more flat than the design from the show, but it still has a certain charm and likeness to the original.

The string itself is strong, but is starting to fray slightly now, but I've had this for a few months and wear it everyday. The latch at the back has started to come loose from the wire itself, but that was due to a small dog getting caught in it. (Don't ask).

It's a nice design, regardless of it trying to be an exact replica. There are better ones out there, but they're for more serious CosPlayers than I. For the price, it's a nice piece of jewellery, even if you're not into the show yourself.

Though the question would be, why are you even here if you weren't?!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8